Page 602 of 662 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606612652 ... LastLast
Results 9,016 to 9,030 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I Love It!!!!!

It's like she said: Try Me *%$
    I'd also do the lightning from the fingers things if I got pissed off at someone XD

I love how behind her the wind is starting to rise up. I hope we see some big power display to scare off the flatscans.

I read the most recent issue of Black Panther and I like the way Storm was written in it. I like how protective she is of T'Challa and this issue also showed how much she cared for him. Her convo with Nakia was tense, but it was handled the right way IMO.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I read the most recent issue of Black Panther and I like the way Storm was written in it. I like how protective she is of T'Challa and this issue also showed how much she cared for him. Her convo with Nakia was tense, but it was handled the right way IMO.
    I do too. I agree 100% here. coates ability to capture her femininity while showcasing her strength really impresses me. I will always stan for him!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-22-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    bish where the hell you been? you are missing all this good ole tea. hsve you seen the solicit for the Jean and Emma book where storm needs to be rescued?????
    Lol I've been working, but I try to keep up on ALL the tea. I'm still enjoying Marauders despite the obvious colorism on display. I can't really blame Duggan for that. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I absolutely enjoy the aura that he gives to Ororo. I'm also a bit apprehensive about the whole idea of Emma and Jean teaming up to rescue Storm, but I'm open to it. I think these three women can team together and shine bright within their own rights. I certainly don't have any reason to doubt Hickman's Storm seeing how he's treated her this far. For all intents and purposes she's very much operating in the same space that Coates has carved for her. She hasn't taken center stage in any of his the storylines in the X-books yet (just like Coates), but she does have a voice unique to her and her alone. Her voice and presence is one that requires the others in the room to shut up and take notes. Her power is a looming threat that places her on pedestal and she flexes hard af. He acknowledges all of her and I don't see him straying from that any times soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The one good thing we can look forward to with the Giant Size issue is RD drawing Storm as he is one of the best in the biz

This image is glorious beyond words. I'm almost questioning my loyalties to Yardin and Coipel. They have two totally different styles and approaches when it comes to Ororo, but their renditions are undoubtedly Storm. I'd place this image alongside those two without hesitation.
    I felt every word of this! I notice that we tend to agree on a whole helluva lot. I loved how protective of T'Challa she was. All season 2 he was shown as the one putting her on a pedestal, voicing his undying love for her, drawing her deeper into his world, and making it clear that her happiness is important to him. The last issue of Black Panther managed to have Ororo make similar gains in regards to T'Challa. I love that she's always at the ready to protect him and his country without hesitation. I love that T'Challa was shown as an irresistible man that draws women of worth to him. (Its clear there's no shortage of women that sees him as the impeccable king that he is. And the claims that he pines after Storm like some lost puppy are put to bed, because he's clearly not above moving on with his romantic life.

Humans have needs whether they be mental, Physical or spiritual. T'Challa lives his life as a man unencumbered by a relationship that many feel weighs him down, but Ororo lifts him up, offers up no judgement and still claims him as the man she so desperately loves to pieces. That makes the convo between Nakia and Ro even better. Storm can understand why a woman would fall in love with him. She can't blame Nakia, that would just make it awkward considering she would then have to blame herself as well. She chose to reach an understanding with a woman that she has way too much in common with rather than be petty and malicious. I mostly loved that she acknowledges him as the man she loves the most out of everyone one else in her life. I loked that she made it clear that he's special to her in ways that most just don't understand. And I absolutely loved that she claimed both Wakanda and Krakoa as lands that fall under her protection. Coates' Storm managed to elevate T'Challa, Nakia and her damn self to place above minor petty grievances. There's so much black love to appreciate and Storm doles it out by the bucket load.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed! I am even tempted to say it’s competing for my fave Storm cover. So far my top 5:

Storm Solo #1 (Ibanez)
    X-Men World’s Apart #2 (Neves)
    X-Treme X-Men #1 (Larocca)/ XX-Men #1 (Coipel)
    X-Treme X-Men #36 (Larocca)
    Marauders #4 (Dauterman)

That cover would make for an epic scene in the book if she rag dolling massive ships with her winds, whirpool or waterspout
    Yeah, it makes my top 5 too. It’s just breathtaking. I’ve been waiting for Dauterman to draw our diva in an official capacity for almost a decade, and he has not disappointed.

All I need now is for them to actually draw her pupils in Marauders.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    All I need now is for them to actually draw her pupils in Marauders.
    They usually get drawn incorrectly anyway.

BANNED

I wish Storm shot Lightning out of her Mouth. Or an Ice-Beam if some sort. Make Storm into a god damn Pokémon!!

Storm use Volt Tackle, Storm use Thunder Wave, Storm use Solar Beam

That would be cool. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I do too. I agree 100% here. coates ability to capture her femininity while showcasing her strength really impresses me. I will always stan for him!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I felt every word of this! I notice that we tend to agree on a whole helluva lot. I loved how protective of T'Challa she was. All season 2 he was shown as the one putting her on a pedestal, voicing his undying love for her, drawing her deeper into his world, and making it clear that her happiness is important to him. The last issue of Black Panther managed to have Ororo make similar gains in regards to T'Challa. I love that she's always at the ready to protect him and his country without hesitation. I love that T'Challa was shown as an irresistible man that draws women of worth to him. (Its clear there's no shortage of women that sees him as the impeccable king that he is. And the claims that he pines after Storm like some lost puppy are put to bed, because he's clearly not above moving on with his romantic life.

Humans have needs whether they be mental, Physical or spiritual. T'Challa lives his life as a man unencumbered by a relationship that many feel weighs him down, but Ororo lifts him up, offers up no judgement and still claims him as the man she so desperately loves to pieces. That makes the convo between Nakia and Ro even better. Storm can understand why a woman would fall in love with him. She can't blame Nakia, that would just make it awkward considering she would then have to blame herself as well. She chose to reach an understanding with a woman that she has way too much in common with rather than be petty and malicious. I mostly loved that she acknowledges him as the man she loves the most out of everyone one else in her life. I loked that she made it clear that he's special to her in ways that most just don't understand. And I absolutely loved that she claimed both Wakanda and Krakoa as lands that fall under her protection. Coates' Storm managed to elevate T'Challa, Nakia and her damn self to place above minor petty grievances. There's so much black love to appreciate and Storm doles it out by the bucket load.
    Agreed 100% with both of you. Coates captures Storm's larger-than-life persona while also humanizing her and showing her vulnerable/intimate side. And I loved the back and forth between Storm and Nakia. Coates did it the right way with the two of them using their relationships with T'Challa to work toward an understanding rather than using it as a means to hate on one another.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

"The King is Mine" by loveychuhtha:

I wish Storm shot Lightning out of her Mouth. Or an Ice-Beam if some sort. Make Storm into a god damn Pokémon!!

Storm use Volt Tackle, Storm use Thunder Wave, Storm use Solar Beam

That would be cool. :-)
    What would actually be pretty cool is if Storm electrified her fist as she took a punch at someone.

Sort of her own "Iron Fist".

Also, she should have sort of a "thunderclap", kind of like a shock wave.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What would actually be pretty cool is if Storm electrified her fist as she took a punch at someone.

Sort of her own "Iron Fist".

Also, she should have sort of a "thunderclap", kind of like a shock wave.
    And she did it twice:
    X-Treme X-Men Issue #36 when she was a Gladiator...
    Uncanny X-Men(2019) Issue #9 when X-Legion turned her into a Horseman and she tried to Thunder Punch Kitty Pryde. LOL.

DUDE!!! YES!! I really want Storm to do a Solar Beam or a Thunder Clap preferably BOTH.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-23-2019 at 12:48 PM.

She did that already in Uncanny X-Men when X-Legion turned her into a Horseman....she tried to Thunder Punch Kitty Pryde. LOL.

And she did it twice in X-Treme X-Men when she was a Gladiator if i'm not mistaken.....

DUDE!!! YES!! I really want Storm to do a Solar Beam or a Thunder Clap preferably BOTH.
    Cool. Has she ever tried lightning armor? She should also create elemental weapons like a lightning sword.

My Storm knowledge about her feats end at the year 2004, has she done much with fire? She's made it rain(no jokes please), she's made it snow but I don't recall her creating or controlling fire too much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Cool. Has she ever tried lightning armor? She should also create elemental weapons like a lightning sword.

My Storm knowledge about her feats end at the year 2004, has she done much with fire? She's made it rain(no jokes please), she's made it snow but I don't recall her creating or controlling fire too much.

Unfortunately, no she has not. But that should be something she should do.

She made a heat explosion one time in the All Female X-Men. And she super charged her lighting into her fist creating plasma......

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Lol I've been working, but I try to keep up on ALL the tea. I'm still enjoying Marauders despite the obvious colorism on display. I can't really blame Duggan for that. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I absolutely enjoy the aura that he gives to Ororo. I'm also a bit apprehensive about the whole idea of Emma and Jean teaming up to rescue Storm, but I'm open to it. I think these three women can team together and shine bright within their own rights. I certainly don't have any reason to doubt Hickman's Storm seeing how he's treated her this far. For all intents and purposes she's very much operating in the same space that Coates has carved for her. She hasn't taken center stage in any of his the storylines in the X-books yet (just like Coates), but she does have a voice unique to her and her alone. Her voice and presence is one that requires the others in the room to shut up and take notes. Her power is a looming threat that places her on pedestal and she flexes hard af. He acknowledges all of her and I don't see him straying from that any times soon.

This image is glorious beyond words. I'm almost questioning my loyalties to Yardin and Coipel. They have two totally different styles and approaches when it comes to Ororo, but their renditions are undoubtedly Storm. I'd place this image alongside those two without hesitation.

well dont stay away for so long next time ok. and I hope you are right beloved but I csnt say that I'm too impressed right now with what is being portrayed.

Agreed 100% with both of you. Coates captures Storm's larger-than-life persona while also humanizing her and showing her vulnerable/intimate side. And I loved the back and forth between Storm and Nakia. Coates did it the right way with the two of them using their relationships with T'Challa to work toward an understanding rather than using it as a means to hate on one another.
    agreed to all of this. oan okoye revealed to everyone she believes there is a spy in their midst. we know the original nakia was a spy. do you think by chance tchalla was being played by nunakia to filter information to njadaka and his crew?

"The King is Mine" by loveychuhtha:

lololol yaaasssss very appropriate. the storm there looks to be drawn like Janelle Monet to me lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!