Page 622 of 662 FirstFirst ... 122522572612618619620621622623624625626632 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Or...it may be that those of us who've read it just aren't interested in slogging through a quagmire of negativity ad nauseum. At least not yet (our loins have not been fully girded)
    Personally, I'm quite over and beyond 'debating/explaining/defending' why I like/read a book with some posters in here.
    I jump in, say my piece, jump out. I refuse to suffer fools and malcontents.
    Same. The thread was largely positive despite the shock of it, IMO. And I surprisingly loved Marauders - I was not expecting to get invested in the Shaw clan.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so I reread mauraders. it wasnt as bad as I thought. it was actually a nice read. ororo also was mentioned on the data sheet.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I have a sidebar question:

who is the most powerful adversary you believe ororo could beat when written competently and not holding anything back ?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so I reread mauraders. it wasnt as bad as I thought. it was actually a nice read. ororo also was mentioned on the data sheet.
    What in the comic changed your mind with the reread? What made it nice for you? Also, what was on the data sheet about Ororo?

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    What in the comic changed your mind with the reread? What made it nice for you? Also, what was on the data sheet about Ororo?
    hmmm honestly boredom made me change my mind lol. it was nice understanding how sebastian came to find his bishop. I would say I wish we could have gotten cuts to the other xmen doing stuff versus it being mostly sebastian and shinobi centered. we did get a cut of a text exchange where kitty tries to recruit bishop to be her red bishop but he declined. to storm it wss just mentioned she created some storms to keep some us or UK surveillance ships from tracking their team. it wasnt anything major.

who is the most powerful adversary you believe ororo could beat when written competently and not holding anything back ?
    Oh, damn, that's an excellent question. I don't have an answer yet, so I'm also interested in what others will say. I guess, some of it could boil down to if her opponent is also using max skill and competency and if both are willing to kill to win. Considering Ororo could cause death by manipulating the oxygen in a person's body, she might not have to do much more than that, if given the opportunity. Hell, with lack of oxygen, brain damage could occur before dead, so she wouldn't necessary have to kill her opponent. From the perspective of oxygen manipulation, she could likely defeat most foes. Her range of attack is amazing, so she wouldn't even need to be close.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 12-05-2019 at 12:31 PM.

hmmm honestly boredom made me change my mind lol. it was nice understanding how sebastian came to find his bishop. I would say I wish we could have gotten cuts to the other xmen doing stuff versus it being mostly sebastian and shinobi centered. we did get a cut of a text exchange where kitty tries to recruit bishop to be her red bishop but he declined. to storm it wss just mentioned she created some storms to keep some us or UK surveillance ships from tracking their team. it wasnt anything major.
    Thank you. Well, I guess the thing will true team books, especially those with lots of different characters, every issue won't be of equal interest to every reader all of the time. Readers tend to have their favorite characters in team books, so if the spotlight isn't on the fav, the level of interest may not be as high. That, of course, doesn't necessarily make for a bad issue, just one you may not be as invested in.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Khorne? Tzeench? Nurgle? Slaanesh?

Actually that (strongest beatable opponent for serious!Storm) is a good question to ponder.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

I don't Believe you.

In my PROFESSIONAL OPINION LOL.

Ironman
    Human Torch
    Hulk(IMO)
    Most of her X-Men friends.
    Vision
    The Thing
    All Street Levelers.
    Wonder Woman

I'll stop there I need to think.

Oh, damn, that's an excellent question. I don't have an answer yet, so I'm also interested in what others will say. I guess, some of it could boil down to if her opponent is also using max skill and competency and if both are willing to kill to win. Considering Ororo could cause death by manipulating the oxygen in a person's body, she might not have to do much more than that, if given the opportunity.
    yes there are so many ways she can kill people when considering her hax abilities. she could stop the electrical impulses in the heart or brain or as you mentioned remove an opponent's ability to breathe.

when considering this 90% of marvel characters would succumb to her power.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Khorne? Tzeench? Nurgle? Slaanesh?

Actually that (strongest beatable opponent for serious!Storm) is a good question to ponder.
    yes let me know you thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't Believe you.

In my PROFESSIONAL OPINION LOL.

Ironman
    Human Torch
    Hulk(IMO)
    Most of her X-Men friends.
    Vision
    The Thing
    All Street Levelers.
    Wonder Woman

I'll stop there I need to think.
    any cosmic levelers or God tier characters?

and why don't you believe me?

Thank you. Well, I guess the thing will true team books, especially those with lots of different characters, every issue won't be of equal interest to every reader all of the time. Readers tend to have their favorite characters in team books, so if the spotlight isn't on the fav, the level of interest may not be as high. That, of course, doesn't necessarily make for a bad issue, just one you may not be as invested in.
    I agree with all of this 100%. though no real storm inclusion this issue was still good. but one I concede that didnt spark my interest as much as it would had ororo had a greater role.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-05-2019 at 12:45 PM.

BANNED

yes let me know you thoughts

any cosmic levelers or God tier characters?

I agree with all of this 100%. though no real storm inclusion this issue was still good. but one I concede that didnt spark my interest as much as it would had ororo had a greater role.
    I'd say Silver Surfer, but she would have to be written VERY WELL without Downplay the Silver Surfer OR Storm.

yes there are so many ways she can kill people when considering her hax abilities. she could stop the electrical impulses in the heart or brain or as you mentioned remove an opponent's ability to breathe.

when considering this 90% of marvel characters would succumb to her power.

Yes, I agree. Honestly, between her power to control the oxygen and electrical brain pulses in people's bodies, she could kill most sentient beings with very little effort and from a great distance. There have been a few writers who've shown her attack an enemy she hasn't been able to physically see but could sense on a different level--such as movement in the air.

I'd say Silver Surfer, but she would have to be written VERY WELL without Downplay the Silver Surfer OR Storm.
    This is an interesting answer. She came up against the Silver Surfer during her marriage to BP and they swapped out with Reed and Sue in the FF. An outer space or on Earth fight? Do you think the location would matter to how well she would perform against him?

are you taking into goddess storm who beat adversary?

Yes, I agree. Honestly, between her power to control the oxygen and electrical brain pulses in people's bodies, she could kill most sentient beings with very little effort and from a great distance. There have been a few writers who've shown her attack an enemy she hasn't been able to physically see but could sense on a different level--such as movement in the air.
    omg another excellent point. Claremont mentioned how her cat-like eyes allow her to see better in the dark than regular humans but I would love for her ability to perceive movements or disturbances in the air utilized more when she encounters assailants not in her eye sight. I would even like this shown via her energy sight where enemies may be hidden by a building but shifting to her energy sought reveals their location and she can ateacj them. wiyldnt that be nice to see?? lol