Page 623 of 662 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 9921
  1. #9331
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    are you taking into goddess storm who beat adversary?



    omg another excellent point. Claremont mentioned how her cat-like eyes allow her to see better in the dark than regular humans but I would love for her ability to perceive movements or disturbances in the air utilized more when she encounters assailants not in her eye sight. I would even like this shown via her energy sight where enemies may be hidden by a building but shifting to her energy sought reveals their location and she can ateacj them. wiyldnt that be nice to see?? lol
    Here is a pic from BP #170, I believe, in which she senses Adversary from miles away. She also used lightning to attack Cyclops's plane in her World's Apart mini. she had to concentrate, but he was miles away from him when she performed the feat.

    78151347_2257675967858531_7965171984650731520_n.jpg

  2. #9332
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Here is a pic from BP #170, I believe, in which she senses Adversary from miles away. She also used lightning to attack Cyclops's plane in her World's Apart mini. she had to concentrate, but he was miles away from him when she performed the feat.

    78151347_2257675967858531_7965171984650731520_n.jpg
    just curious how do you conclude she was sensing adversary here? and yes I remember WAP. it was very well written.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #9333
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    just curious how do you conclude she was sensing adversary here? and yes I remember WAP. it was very well written.
    After this, she flew in the direction of whatever she sensed and met up with him. She was shocked to see him but she flew toward the air disturbance. Let me see if I can post more pics.

  4. #9334
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    This is an interesting answer. She came up against the Silver Surfer during her marriage to BP and they swapped out with Reed and Sue in the FF. An outer space or on Earth fight? Do you think the location would matter to how well she would perform against him?
    I don't know honestly. There are A LOT of factors to play in this fight between them.

    We have to take in account for speed and durability and reaction. If Storm was written very well I could see her using EM shields while pulling radiation attacks on him etc.

    But overall IDK.......
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  5. #9335
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    After this, she flew in the direction of whatever she sensed and met up with him. She was shocked to see him but she flew toward the air disturbance. Let me see if I can post more pics.
    ooh please do when you can so I can reassess the issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #9336
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    just curious how do you conclude she was sensing adversary here? and yes I remember WAP. it was very well written.
    These are from BP #170 where Storm tracks whatever she senses in the air. Eventually, Shuri follows in the form of her many birds. You see they eventually encounter the Adversary coming through. What is really cool about this is that Ororo sensed exactly where the disturbance was coming from before he materialized. This concludes in BP #171 and she defeats him in #172 in her new "goddess mode."

    78758885_987644394933281_4567632740735778816_n.jpg

    78426822_2179414355494260_261809038721810432_n.jpg

    78314516_1325036391001116_1142161559263379456_n.jpg
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 12-05-2019 at 01:18 PM.

  7. #9337
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    These are from BP #170 where Storm tracks whatever she senses in the air. Eventually, Shur follows in the form of her many birds. You see they eventually encounter the Adversary coming through. What is really cool about this is that Ororo sensed exactly where the disturbance was coming from before he materialized.

    78758885_987644394933281_4567632740735778816_n.jpg

    78426822_2179414355494260_261809038721810432_n.jpg

    78314516_1325036391001116_1142161559263379456_n.jpg
    78794502_583052182460379_8181814734970945536_n.jpg This is the last image where she finds out who caused the disturbance in the air she sensed.

  8. #9338
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    78794502_583052182460379_8181814734970945536_n.jpg This is the last image where she finds out who caused the disturbance in the air she sensed.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    These are from BP #170 where Storm tracks whatever she senses in the air. Eventually, Shuri follows in the form of her many birds. You see they eventually encounter the Adversary coming through. What is really cool about this is that Ororo sensed exactly where the disturbance was coming from before he materialized. This concludes in BP #171 and she defeats him in #172 in her new "goddess mode."

    78758885_987644394933281_4567632740735778816_n.jpg

    78426822_2179414355494260_261809038721810432_n.jpg

    78314516_1325036391001116_1142161559263379456_n.jpg
    thank you. I honestly never looked at it as you described prior to your analysis but it is the only logical conclusion in knowing where to go. very cool gp!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #9339
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    The whole premise of this post seems off to me. Iím not saying youíre wrong. I can see where youíre coming from. I just think our math is different. If Iím honest with myself, Storm is the one that was led around like a toddler. She had to be told that sheís a mutant on top of her godhead heritage. TíChalla did all the manipulating and scheming in S2. He knew exactly what was up. Ororo confirms it all at the end of #172. She herself tells us that TíChalla always knew. He has the answers even when he thinks he doesnít. He wanted to be 100% sure. He made an observation, tested his hypothesis and confirmed his prediction. Ororo was led around with the tidbits of information he offered to her. Thereís no way I could comfortably agree with the idea of TíChalla being led around like a child at all in S2. How, sway?

    And if weíre going to continue with this idea that Coatesí Storm is known for talking down to TíChalla, why arenít we taking ALL of what she says to him at face value? TíChalla is talking about a galactic Wakandan empire. Those are still HIS PEOPLE. He and Storm make multiple references this point. TíChalla is telling her how good his vision really is and yet he only saw the beauty on the surface of a Wakandan empire done the wrong way. Ororo follows up on his temporarily obscured line of sight with one of her own. She draws an explicit parallel between her surface level understanding of the African-American condition as she saw it. She had yet to realize she was a black girl from next door given who and what her daddy was.
    Bruv, to be honest, you really need to stop this habit you've got of on the one hand, telling people that their posts are "off" whilst giving the back handed "compliment of claiming to "understand where they're coming from."

    Charles Xavier as written by one of the OG X-writers back in the 1970's, told Ororo that she was a mutant as opposed to being the goddess that the tribes people mistakenly took her to be.

    Discussing Coates bastardization of T'Challa's trajectory in what's supposed to be his own solo book is for the most part, an exercise in futility with some and as this is a thread ostensibly for the appreciation of Storm, I'm really not going to continue this discussion with you.

    Peace.

  10. #9340
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't know honestly. There are A LOT of factors to play in this fight between them.

    We have to take in account for speed and durability and reaction. If Storm was written very well I could see her using EM shields while pulling radiation attacks on him etc.

    But overall IDK.......

    I agree. I think there are many factors that could go into any comic book fight that could determine the winner. I'm also not well versed on the Silver Surfer. I also agree that speed and durability would definitely come into play, as well as overall strength, in not only a battle against the Silver Silver but any other formidable foe. But I guess anyone with some a high level of mind, body, or reality control could defeat most characters, including overpowered ones.

    So, could't someone like Kitty Pryde reach into a person's body and, let's say, stop their heart or damage their brain? I would say most definitely. In this sense, she could take could defeat most foes, if she could get close enough to touch them and also survive being so close.

    My point is that, with these characters, if their powers are taken to their logical limit, the possibilities of what they could do is pretty wide open.

  11. #9341
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Bruv, to be honest, you really need to stop this habit you've got of on the one hand, telling people that their posts are "off" whilst giving the back handed "compliment of claiming to "understand where they're coming from."

    Charles Xavier as written by one of the OG X-writers back in the 1970's, told Ororo that she was a mutant as opposed to being the goddess that the tribes people mistakenly took her to be.

    Discussing Coates bastardization of T'Challa's trajectory in what's supposed to be his own solo book is for the most part, an exercise in futility with some and as this is a thread ostensibly for the appreciation of Storm, I'm really not going to continue this discussion with you.

    Peace.
    Mr MajestiK, I said the premise of your post seemed off to me because it does. That wasnít meant to be an indictment of your logic or reasoning. You are not the only BP enthusiasts that suggested that Coatesí Storm is only used to belittle and talk down to TíChalla. I disagree, but I also understand how certain scenes could be taken that way. Just because I disagree doesnít mean that I canít see things from your POV. Just two issues ago the Ororo/Nakia convo happened. A few people interpreted Ororoís tone negatively. Her words could definitely be taken the wrong way, but I believe she had the best of intentions. There were sufficient context clues for me to understand that she didnít intend to shame Nakia. Ororo even said so herself. That logic may be a bit off for me personally, but I can still understand how someone could arrive at a different conclusion than I did. I donít think itís a backhanded compliment to acknowledge that someone elseís words seem off, but the gist of it all makes sense under a different context.

    Youíre exactly right that ďCharles Xavier as written by one of the OG X-writers back in the 1970ís, told Ororo that she was a mutant as opposed to being a goddess that the tribes people mistakenly took her to be.Ē You and I are both aware. I know youíll disagree, but that statement seems totally off to me as well. I understand why you feel that way and I understand why other poster mention it too. By my understanding Xavier LIED. He did not tell her the truth. He excluded the possibility of her goddess heritage ENTIRELY only to indoctrinate her with HIS mutant ideology. Was he simply mistaken? Could be. Did he mean to bring his white imperialism along for the ride? Maybe, maybe not. Did he tell Ororo the truth during his grand recruitment pitch? Absolutely not.

    Lol the irony of the last part shouldnít amuse me the way it does. Iím not making light of the point youíre making, Iím highlighting exactly how our math is different. From my perspective Coatesí use of Storm is directly tied to the ďbastardization of TíChallaís trajectoryĒ because of how intertwined their individual trajectories appear to be. Sheís been a fixture for most his run. It makes sense to me that fans of either character would naturally discuss the ways in which these two impact the lives of one another. I understand that you feel like this discussion is outside the scope of ostensibly appreciating Storm, but Iíll agree to disagree again. Our math is different and thereís nothing wrong with that. I have my way of looking at things and you have yours. I appreciate you and hopefully you donít stay away too long.

  12. #9342
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Mr MajestiK, I said the premise of your post seemed off to me because it does. That wasn’t meant to be an indictment of your logic or reasoning. You are not the only BP enthusiasts that suggested that Coates’ Storm is only used to belittle and talk down to T’Challa. I disagree, but I also understand how certain scenes could be taken that way. Just because I disagree doesn’t mean that I can’t see things from your POV. Just two issues ago the Ororo/Nakia convo happened. A few people interpreted Ororo’s tone negatively. Her words could definitely be taken the wrong way, but I believe she had the best of intentions. There were sufficient context clues for me to understand that she didn’t intend to shame Nakia. Ororo even said so herself. That logic may be a bit off for me personally, but I can still understand how someone could arrive at a different conclusion than I did. I don’t think it’s a backhanded compliment to acknowledge that someone else’s words seem off, but the gist of it all makes sense under a different context.

    You’re exactly right that “Charles Xavier as written by one of the OG X-writers back in the 1970’s, told Ororo that she was a mutant as opposed to being a goddess that the tribes people mistakenly took her to be.” You and I are both aware. I know you’ll disagree, but that statement seems totally off to me as well. I understand why you feel that way and I understand why other poster mention it too. By my understanding Xavier LIED. He did not tell her the truth. He excluded the possibility of her goddess heritage ENTIRELY only to indoctrinate her with HIS mutant ideology. Was he simply mistaken? Could be. Did he mean to bring his white imperialism along for the ride? Maybe, maybe not. Did he tell Ororo the truth during his grand recruitment pitch? Absolutely not.

    Lol the irony of the last part shouldn’t amuse me the way it does. I’m not making light of the point you’re making, I’m highlighting exactly how our math is different. From my perspective Coates’ use of Storm is directly tied to the “bastardization of T’Challa’s trajectory” because of how intertwined their individual trajectories appear to be. She’s been a fixture for most his run. It makes sense to me that fans of either character would naturally discuss the ways in which these two impact the lives of one another. I understand that you feel like this discussion is outside the scope of ostensibly appreciating Storm, but I’ll agree to disagree again. Our math is different and there’s nothing wrong with that. I have my way of looking at things and you have yours. I appreciate you and hopefully you don’t stay away too long.
    you my friend are a goddess!! you always speak the truth and I love you for it!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #9343
    Fantastic Member Jalysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    I need a dead horse getting beat gif.

  14. #9344
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I need a dead horse getting beat gif.
    yassss for the shade....




    blame Duggan for not writing anything worth discussing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #9345
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post




    blame Duggan for not writing anything worth discussing.
    The Shade Queen:
    ShadyKyss
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 12-06-2019 at 05:54 PM.
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •