Page 626 of 662 FirstFirst ... 126526576616622623624625626627628629630636 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 9921
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Crystal was the Avatar before "Avatar: Aang and Korra" was a THING. And yes, she needs a team-up with storm. But considering the immediate-past storylines and status quo now, mutants stand apart.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh, I know. You two crack me up. And yes, T'Challa was being on his best behavior, especially after Storm got knocked on her ass. In all fairness to Coates, the guy who clocked her was a speedster in a small space. He punched them all more than a few good times. But, yeah, T'Challa helped up his ex. He better have. That was when he was working to get himself back into Ororo's good graces and, clears throat, bed.

Yes, I also want to see Storm use forcefields. I don't know about the elements coming to her defense without her calling them. That makes the elements sentient, in a way. But Storm should be able to create a protective shield. It makes sense, IMO.

At this point, I don't know if or when Coates will elaborate on what it means for Ororo to be a goddess. So, part one was that a writer wrote her as having god powers that comes from within (her genetic legacy). Part two would be for her godhood to be defined/explained. The third part would be for X-writers and other writers to acknowledge her godhood and show it in stories.

What do you think the chance of parts 2 and 3 happening?

I would like to see the X-books explore her Godhood, but it seems quite unlikely. And if the X-books did showcase it, y'all know they would probably screw it up.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Crystal was the Avatar before "Avatar: Aang and Korra" was a THING. And yes, she needs a team-up with storm. But considering the immediate-past storylines and status quo now, mutants stand apart.
    Agreed. With the X-men/mutants separating themselves on Krakoa and all the drama from IvX, I don't see team-up anytime soon lol. Post IvX I don't even know whats been going on with Crystal.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I would like to see the X-books explore her Godhood, but it seems quite unlikely. And if the X-books did showcase it, y'all know they would probably screw it up.

I concur. The thing with Storm's godhead, is that Coates very likely received approval to make that big change to her character. It has been followed-up, at least by way of mentioning it, in BP and Shuri beyond the issue that had her showcasing her god power against Adversary. Now, going with the assumption that Coates got the nod to make the big change from editorial, one would think it was done for it to be explored and used beyond BP. Storm being a real goddess wasn't necessary for the storyline play out or for the Adversary to have been defeated. That says to me that Coates wrote the arc the way he did to elevate Storm to an actual goddess, no Thor hammer needed.

If X-writers can write Jean and Phoenix, there is no reason they couldn't also address Ororo and her godhead. And, if writers and editors want readers to follow their fav characters into other books, then they should make clear and deliberate connections for readers. I guess that's too much to ask, though.

I concur. The thing with Storm's godhead, is that Coates very likely received approval to make that big change to her character. It has been followed-up, at least by way of mentioning it, in BP and Shuri beyond the issue that had her showcasing her god power against Adversary. Now, going with the assumption that Coates got the nod to make the big change from editorial, one would think it was done for it to be explored and used beyond BP. Storm being a real goddess wasn't necessary for the storyline play out or for the Adversary to have been defeated. That says to me that Coates wrote the arc the way he did to elevate Storm to an actual goddess, no Thor hammer needed.

If X-writers can write Jean and Phoenix, there is no reason they couldn't also address Ororo and her godhead. And, if writers and editors want readers to follow their fav characters into other books, then they should make clear and deliberate connections for readers. I guess that's too much to ask, though.
    Good points. It would be interesting to see Storm and Apocalypse have an in depth convo/debate about being worshiped as Gods. I also want some Storm & Selene moments since I think just like 'Ro, Selene has also achieved god-hood.

Good points. It would be interesting to see Storm and Apocalypse have an in depth convo/debate about being worshiped as Gods. I also want some Storm & Selene moments since I think just like 'Ro, Selene has also achieved god-hood.
    An interesting story could have Selene try to influence Storm to the dark side.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    An interesting story could have Selene try to influence Storm to the dark side.
    I'd love to see a tiny bit of Storm's dark side. She still has to get payback from Dr. Doom. I could've sworn she told him that she would kill him next time they meet.

BANNED

Guggenheim addressed it somewhat, though he brought Stormcaster into the mix. Other X-writers have mentioned it. Actually Storm being the one to reintroduced the resurrected mutants to Krakoa fills her goddess/high priestess role too.

BANNED

I think those conversations are inevitable and have already been planned. Particularly with Hickman now actively exploring mutants ties to magic and Krakoa's ties to magic.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Guggenheim addressed it somewhat, though he brought Stormcaster into the mix. Other X-writers have mentioned it. Actually Storm being the one to reintroduced the resurrected mutants to Krakoa fills her goddess/high priestess role too.
    If you are referring to the arc with Storm returning to the village where she used to be worshipped and her parents were resurrected, I don't view that as an example of an X-writer embracing her Coates described godhood. If she were a god, she wouldn't have needed Stormcaster, which did the whole Thor thing again when she wielded it and she was dressed like an Asgardian. As for other X-writers mentioning it, I have no idea. I'm also unsure whether her serving in the role of welcome mistress for rebirthed mutants was meant as a nod to her godhood. She is a descendant of priestesses, so that part makes sense, if you think Hickman wanted to make that connection. But I don't think it was meant to highlight that she is a goddess.

Bp at at a bit over 14,000 yeesh. Does more than 20k even know about hadari yao.

Agents of wakanda shows fans wants something but not the main book.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Some interesting discussion of Ororo in Marauders in Duggan’s new Off Panel audio interview.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Bp at at a bit over 14,000 yeesh. Does more than 20k even know about hadari yao.

Agents of wakanda shows fans wants something but not the main book.
    Those who cared to look for it found great value in her solo. It wasn't big seller, but Greg Pak is awesome still. Where exactly does Marauders place when stacked up against the DOX titles? Is Storm to blame because it isnt in the top ten? Where does Fearless place for that matter? What's the last best selling title she was part of with a meaningful/prominent role?

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Those who cared to look for it found great value in her solo. It wasn't big seller, but Greg Pak is awesome still. Where exactly does Marauders place when stacked up against the DOX titles? Is Storm to blame because it isnt in the top ten? Where does Fearless place for that matter? What's the last best selling title she was part of with a meaningful/prominent role?
    Not sure what that has to do with anything. I was talking about the latest sells of BP and wondering how many people even know Storm is there. But i'm glad all 14,700 are enjoying their material. I'm enjoying my x-men comics but if it was a real question Marauders had over 50k and issue one also made the list with another 5k. And then of course X-men 1 had some big numbers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not sure what that has to do with anything. I was talking about the latest sells of BP and wondering how many people even know Storm is there. But i'm glad all 14,700 are enjoying their material. I'm enjoying my x-men comics but if it was a real question Marauders had over 50k and issue one also made the list with another 5k. And then of course X-men 1 had some big numbers.
    It has everything to do with it. Do the sales of a given series denote it’s importance to the characters involved? You and I both know that she’s there because we read it. We know she was up front and center in her solo as well. Did Storm fans know? Were they aware and just didn’t care? I expect you to enjoy the comics you buy. Maybe you ignore he comics you don’t buy. I don’t know. But the Storm fans that do purchase Black Panther are quite aware that she’s there. I’ll give them the same benefit of the doubt I offer you.