Page 627 of 662 FirstFirst ... 127527577617623624625626627628629630631637 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,405 of 9921
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Some interesting discussion of Ororo in Marauders in Duggan’s new Off Panel audio interview.
    Yupp.
    If nothing else, Duggan and HiX-Man are fully aware of what Coates has done/is doing with Storm over at Black Panther. So...We'll see if any of her relationship and Goddess power make it into Marauders.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    It has everything to do with it. Do the sales of a given series denote it’s importance to the characters involved? You and I both know that she’s there because we read it. We know she was up front and center in her solo as well. Did Storm fans know? Were they aware and just didn’t care? I expect you to enjoy the comics you buy. Maybe you ignore he comics you don’t buy. I don’t know. But the Storm fans that do purchase Black Panther are quite aware that she’s there. I’ll give them the same benefit of the doubt I offer you.
    Not really. It shows to me people interested in the BP book and Wakanda have to go get agents of wakanda alone because they don't enjoy what's happening in the BP book. I'm a storm fan and i don't think Coates has inheritently done anything bad to Storm but i no longer enjoy the book because i see what BP fans were talking about in how he is being treated in his own book. I stated how i felt when i felt Hudlin didn't treat Storm well and it wasn't even her book so i can only imagine.

I know i would personally like to see a new direction for Tchalla with or without Storm. There aren't many black males leading a book and the audience is obviously there but Coates isn't grabbing them. But i didn't talk down anyone elses purchases for you to go into that so again not really.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp.
    If nothing else, Duggan and HiX-Man are fully aware of what Coates has done/is doing with Storm over at Black Panther. So...We'll see if any of her relationship and Goddess power make it into Marauders.
    It sure does seem possible. But then again it depends on if Duggan wants to incorporate that into his story. He really doesn't have to, but he can since he is aware of what Storm is doing in Black Panther.

All in all I thought the Interview was very knowledgeable.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It sure does seem possible. But then again it depends on if Duggan wants to incorporate that into his story. He really doesn't have to, but he can since he is aware of what Storm is doing in Black Panther.

All in all I thought the Interview was very knowledgeable.
    It certainly was. I loved and appreciated it, very much.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

After listening to the interview with Duggan he mentions they wheren't sure where Storm was going to end up team wise because of Coates (and other characters being used outside X-Men) and that they worked with them ahead of time. Later on he says they didn't want to take her out of the Panther books and that she's essentially running from one theater to another, otherwise he doesn't say much other than shes got some big stories coming up so obviously he can't talk about them yet. It sounds like they where holding back on her when they where putting the books together because of what Coates was doing.

A few times now he's said shes had her own personal reasons for joining and it really seems like it will amount to Wakanda, but overall after listening to the interview I'm very excited. I really liked how transparent he was about the characters he chose and how excited he is about the stories coming up and potentially can be told due to this Dawn of X.

Hello All, sorry to highjack the thread, but I'd like to invite you to comment on a versus battle I've setup.

Elemental Showdown: Storm vs Crystal vs Gloriana

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Bp at at a bit over 14,000 yeesh. Does more than 20k even know about hadari yao.

Agents of wakanda shows fans wants something but not the main book.
    We've wanted something different from the main book for years now.

AoW is filling a niche and that's great. It's time for a new writer with a new vision on the main book.

This is my favorite Storm figure ever. I didn't know that Storm 90s costume would look so amazing in all-black!

More info here: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...x-men-figures/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It certainly was. I loved and appreciated it, very much.
    Yeah, same here.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    After listening to the interview with Duggan he mentions they wheren't sure where Storm was going to end up team wise because of Coates (and other characters being used outside X-Men) and that they worked with them ahead of time. Later on he says they didn't want to take her out of the Panther books and that she's essentially running from one theater to another, otherwise he doesn't say much other than shes got some big stories coming up so obviously he can't talk about them yet. It sounds like they where holding back on her when they where putting the books together because of what Coates was doing.

A few times now he's said shes had her own personal reasons for joining and it really seems like it will amount to Wakanda, but overall after listening to the interview I'm very excited. I really liked how transparent he was about the characters he chose and how excited he is about the stories coming up and potentially can be told due to this Dawn of X.
    That's exactly how I took it.

The fact he knew and didn't want to step on anyone's toes(Coates) in regards to storm. Makes me feel like he's aware of whats going on. I'm excited as well to hear that she has some Big things going on story wise outside and inside of the X-Men.

Also, i'm excited to see some Mutant Combos. I have a feeling that Duggan is going to show us a power combo of Storm/Iceman together which is REALLY COOL. :-)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

AoW is filling a niche and that's great. It's time for a new writer with a new vision on the main book.
    That's why I said BP seems more interesting in AoW than he is in his own Solo. Which I find strange....

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    This is my favorite Storm figure ever. I didn't know that Storm 90s costume would look so amazing in all-black!

More info here: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...x-men-figures/
    Best one I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post

Could that be interpreted as Coates being a double edged sword? If they've been holding back Storms' development in the X verse because she is being used as more than a support charcater somewhere else, is that why she is a minor character in the DoX titles? Is this similar the the marriage years, or was she treated with development on the X side during that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Could that be interpreted as Coates being a double edged sword? If they've been holding back Storms' development in the X verse because she is being used as more than a support charcater somewhere else, is that why she is a minor character in the DoX titles? Is this similar the the marriage years, or was she treated with development on the X side during that time?
    Sounds like it. No one could do major changes while Coates was doing his story as i guess it needed to land somewhere. Which makes me think her god hood will be recognized as there had to be a reason editoral was all gung ho about basically holding her progress hostage. I don't know in what Form it will be though but it's interesting.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I just hope they get the message. I don't know what else can be done to show it's time for some new blood on the book.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Sounds like it. No one could do major changes while Coates was doing his story as i guess it needed to land somewhere. Which makes me think her god hood will be recognized as there had to be a reason editoral was all gung ho about basically holding her progress hostage. I don't know in what Form it will be though but it's interesting.
    That would also explain why outside of the solo, their relationship was expressed with vagueness. They were waiting to see what happens without committing to anything.