Page 635 of 662 FirstFirst ... 135535585625631632633634635636637638639645 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 9921

This movie has a sequel? Oh boy!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    if you say so. the speech and the voice wasn't the same for me but cool. You can act like i wasn't here singing coates praises right along with you all you want for the longest time but *shrugs* some peeps don't know ya when you ain't on they team. lol
    but that was Ororo's thing. this is why kitty gravitated towards her when she first joined the xmen because of ororos "motherly" personality. ororo rebuked this when she went punk:

oh I remember you singing Coates praises but I think your criticism is not coming from a fair place. and not quite sure why. but if you didnt like her being motherly I think it's fair to say you couldnt have liked much her her stint with the xmen because that is an aspect of her personality.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-10-2019 at 05:56 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but that was Ororo's thing. this is why kitty gravitated towards her when she first joined the xmen because of ororos "motherly" personality. ororo rebuked this when she went punk:

oh I remember you singing Coates praises but I think your criticism is not coming from a fair place. and not quite sure why. but if you didnt like her being motherly I think it's fair to say you couldnt have liked much her her stint with the xmen because that is an aspect of her personality.
    Lets be real there is a difference to being motherly to a young girl/ or even an older friend with information you should know something about. But to come off as an all knowing mother to another black person who has had more experience with actual racism than you have and it being treated like your some kind of authority on it over him, at his expensive. I say mothering in a negative way not mothering in a postive way in that case. And it's coming from the fairest place it can, my heart and mind and what i feel from the material.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Petty is such a harsh word...but surprisingly apt .

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    That’s true of everyone. If everybody ignored the Weapon X mini by Claremont and BWS, Logan wouldn’t be what he is today.

I think it’s fair to not like what Coates is doing but faulting him for trying doesn’t make much sense to me.
    I not faulting him at all for trying. It was indeed a good effort, I'll give him that much.
    What I would fault him for is not being a good writer, one who would not aptly follow up on his own developments...at least developments of that magnitude and importance.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

LOL. Yup, this is me reading through pages of posts. I feel no need to interrupt the regular programming with my two cents.

I agree that once she left the xmen things have never been the same. Quite honestly I would go so far to say that when Claremont left initially things were not the same for her. The uncanny run during the 90s was very Ororo-lite. I mean extremely lite. I know people like to blame things on the marriage but X-treme wasnt the flagship title then and she had already been regulated to background role by that point. Also, if Wolverine can appear in a billion places there shouldnt be an issue with Ororo doing the sam.

Nevertheless, I'm curious to see how they role her out as well. I'm hoping Marvel can work towards making her prominent and relevant again.
    While no one seems to be able to write Ororo as well as Claremont does, all throughout the 90's Storm was a prominent member of the team, either leading her own Gold team or co-leading with Cyke when they kinda merged later in the decade. Certainly it is fair to say she was 'lite' compared to Claremont's Ororo, but she was central in at least one of the two main X-Men books all decade(if not both, as during the later years with Allan). Certainly X-Treme was not the main book in the Morrison era, but Storm would have been in the Morrison run in Emma's place had Claremont not intercepted her, so let's just take that as a blessing. And while Wolverine gets over-saturated at times, do you really want Ororo turning up all over the place, hurling a lightning bolt and saying "By the goddess!" 15x a month?

I can't wait to see what the MCU does with Ororo. I am a little nervous, because she is a lot for a mega-corporation like Disney to digest properly, but if they do her even half-correct, she might be epic(especially compared to Fox-Men's attempts).

she was still more or less lightning lass and was ineffectual against the storm magneto created. it was cute that she and bishop teamed up with Joseph to help he counter magneto but again this is something she should have been able to do.
    The writers were originally going to have Storm stop it herself, and die in the process. Let's be grateful editorial stopped them and had Joseph die instead.

I think what some of you are missing is that Coates has added to her mythology in a meaningful way we haven’t seen before. he’s said something new.
    Storm was introduced as a goddess by Wein and Cockrum. Claremont introduced her Harlem roots soon thereafter. Coates picked them up again, but he certainly didn't introduce anything new.

He explicitly stated her godhead was her birthright. She’s literally worshipped in Wakanda which is why that’s where she can access it. Again, BP is hardly the place for her to go digging through her ancient history. She needs her own book for that, but he has at least given her something additive to be fleshed out that is wholly hers. That rarely happens.
    While I would love to see a 12-issue maxi series explore Ororo's ancient ancestors(Ashake, Ayesha, and everyone inbtween), there is no reason BP couldn't devote some pages to exploring it. No reason the X-Books don't either, which is why I would love that solo maxi, but there's a huge story just waiting to be explored there. Pull in Magik or Dr. Strange or whoever to give the white audience someone to latch onto, but with the right art and story, anyone could enjoy that story.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Storm hasn't done anything within the XBook since ... Since .......omg ..since when y'all?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Storm hasn't done anything within the XBook since ... Since .......omg ..since when y'all?
    Since after she gave her okay to another woman to be the side piece to her needy boyfriend. At least i think the last X-issue she did something in came out the same week as that issue of BP.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Since after she gave her okay to another woman to be the side piece to her needy boyfriend. At least i think the last X-issue she did something in came out the same week as that issue of BP.
    I over look your pettiness to ask... What has she done?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I over look your pettiness to ask... What has she done?
    You can get the books and see for yourself if you like. About the same i guess except more independent? You know give speeches.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Lets be real there is a difference to being motherly to a young girl/ or even an older friend with information you should know something about. But to come off as an all knowing mother to another black person who has had more experience with actual racism than you have and it being treated like your some kind of authority on it over him, at his expensive. I say mothering in a negative way not mothering in a postive way in that case. And it's coming from the fairest place it can, my heart and mind and what i feel from the material.
    again, if your issue is that she is motherly, in a negative way, this has been ororos thing since the Claremont days:

This extends even to now. Why do you think she even acting as the "mid-wife" in this new age of xmen? Ororo is supposed to be wise and the Mary sue. That's why she has excelled as a leader since her days in Cairo and yes even here she was a know it all who confidently talked to adults as if she were their superior:

ororo in BP didnt talk to him in the way you described. she talked to him as his equal and tried to give him perspective regarding his experience. how you conclude as you do I dont understand.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-10-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

1. I wasnt impressed with the interview at all. the interview was over an hour long and he didnt get into any substantial storm talk until the 59:00 mark. he had so much to say about kitty (and I mean a lot), how his favorite to write is Emma, how he has this huge gift for iceman and let's not forget sexy sebastian shaw but once he got to ororo it was nothing of value. i never understand how wolverine and spiderman (and in some cases thor and hulk) can appear wherever without so much an issue but it becomes burdensome when ororo is featured (on occasion) in another book? coates didn't have any issue referencing her doing work with the xmen or krakoa but there is some big challenge to acknowledge she has loyalties beyond just being an xman or kitty babysitter? please just stop the fake news. I would hate to see what things we would be talking about if ororo was only am xmen property.

2. as much as it pains me I dont see any comicbook fairing great unless you are batman or spiderman. heck the xmen couldnt even claim great or good numbers before the reboot. so people incorrectly claiming it is coates that is the problem with BP, I challenge you to look at the numbers for black panther before it was canceled under hudlin's tenure. if they get a new writer it will eventually meet a similar fate and its simply because minority solo books just dont resonate with readers who predominantly buy comics. how that wakanda agents book doing after 3 issues???

3. I happened to hop over to our BP family thread and let's just say we should be thankful its coates writing ororo and not other writers. some would strip her of the things that defined her way before the marriage was even a thing to promote what they believe her to be. with Coates at least he has respect for her mythos and has build upon it as opposed to the opposite.

ok.im done kysses

you analysis of how the discussion went whenever storm was caught up was exactly my take away from the interview.
    Yep. Guggan’s responses just felt “safely canned”. I can understand the essential need for these writers to be in the same page to (finally) achieve and maintain some consistency for characters appearing in other titles but I don’t see that as a basis to diminish her significance or prominence in the X-Verse.

Plus, I also enjoyed this last issue of BP. A good conversation that showed them as being relatable as a couple. Coates has proven he knows how to write them together in a way that doesn’t diminish them individually, which is well beyond Hudlin.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I think Storms place in DoX is interesting. As a Marauder it makes sense for why she’d be with Kitty. I’m excited for Issue 4 and I’m excited to see this Storm/Iceman combo Duggan was talking about. Though I feel bad for any other mutants who have not made their debut yet in DoX.

So, really I’m happy. Marauders doesn’t read like a kitty book which is good, even Duggan said it himself. I think majority of the DoX books are pretty good.....except Fallen Angles. Not sure about that.
    I hear you. Not to rain on your positive support of the book you like but....While her decision to join made sense Storm shouldn’t be Kitty support. She was a shaper of the X-Verse that a string of white X-writers (from Fraction to Guggenheim) just don’t know what to do with/simply couldn’t relate to. Cyclops isn’t Magneto or Xavier support. He’s picking a rotating roster to address Krakoan threats. That’s more the prominent type of roles that spring to mind when I think of Storm when it comes to X-roles.

If they opted the HFTC route with her that could be interesting but she shouldn’t be below Emma or Kitty. Storm isn’t infamous and has an extensive relationship with many heroes outside of the X-verse/prior government work/connections. Why it is that she’s always some secondary plan that takes a back seat to every popular white X-verse character/plans that we don’t see actually happen?

This Marvel’s arguably most popular female heroine, most premier/well known black female character and one of their most popular black characters period and she’s....in “works for some alleged big plan”. We’ve heard this so many times to our disappointment.

But hey...at least she is there vs other characters who aren’t at all.....? OK.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't see what Iceman brings to the table in combination with Storm. On his own, he can do things she can't(like turn into water/ice), but in conjunction with her, what does he bring? Storm can freeze things. She can even make elemental golems.
    Agreed. And we’ve already seen Storm change Water to gas and ice to liquid. I would hope, if Guggan allegedly knows Storm like he claimed in his interview, recognizes that.

Or simply have them be omega level mutants with great team synergy but keep the regressive power combinations out. They can just be omega level elemental nightmares who can Collaborate in a highly decimating way. Here is where he really needs to show some creativity that could separate him from the previous writers who think that her bringing in moisture (and hopefully not while over the ocean) for Iceman to freeze :-/...
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    While no one seems to be able to write Ororo as well as Claremont does, all throughout the 90's Storm was a prominent member of the team, either leading her own Gold team or co-leading with Cyke when they kinda merged later in the decade. Certainly it is fair to say she was 'lite' compared to Claremont's Ororo, but she was central in at least one of the two main X-Men books all decade(if not both, as during the later years with Allan). Certainly X-Treme was not the main book in the Morrison era, but Storm would have been in the Morrison run in Emma's place had Claremont not intercepted her, so let's just take that as a blessing. And while Wolverine gets over-saturated at times, do you really want Ororo turning up all over the place, hurling a lightning bolt and saying "By the goddess!" 15x a month?

I can't wait to see what the MCU does with Ororo. I am a little nervous, because she is a lot for a mega-corporation like Disney to digest properly, but if they do her even half-correct, she might be epic(especially compared to Fox-Men's attempts).

The writers were originally going to have Storm stop it herself, and die in the process. Let's be grateful editorial stopped them and had Joseph die instead.

Storm was introduced as a goddess by Wein and Cockrum. Claremont introduced her Harlem roots soon thereafter. Coates picked them up again, but he certainly didn't introduce anything new.

While I would love to see a 12-issue maxi series explore Ororo's ancient ancestors(Ashake, Ayesha, and everyone inbtween), there is no reason BP couldn't devote some pages to exploring it. No reason the X-Books don't either, which is why I would love that solo maxi, but there's a huge story just waiting to be explored there. Pull in Magik or Dr. Strange or whoever to give the white audience someone to latch onto, but with the right art and story, anyone could enjoy that story.
    I think to say ororo was central during the 90s is a bit of a stretch. Iceman/Rogue/Gambit/Colossus/Bishop/Angel/Betsy were way more central to the stories told by lobdell. yes ororo has moments but what development did the character get during this period that moved the needle for her other than old rehashed beats from when Claremont wrote her? she "killed" marrow, she was leader but these were things already well understood by the character at this point. To your point about saturation, it's not that I want her in 30 books simultaneously but it shouldnt be hard to write her in one xbook when she is featured in one other non-xbook on occasion.

I think Disney would have an invested interest in not failing the character and doing her justice in a manner that could conjure the prominence she experienced in the 90s. tome will tell.

2. I'm glad they didnt but that stupid storm shouldnt have been able to kill her. she should have taken it and disperse it as the weather witch should and could only do.

3. I think the only thing coates did is make it canon she was a real God both in name and power. for so long writers before coates tried to contradict his new status quo for the character.

again, if your issue is that she is motherly, in a negative way, this has been ororos thing since the Claremont days:

[imgPhttps://fanfix.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/figure-01_uxm208p3.jpg[/img]

This extends even to now. Why do you think she even acting as the "mid-wife" in this new age of xmen? Ororo is supposed to be wise and the Mary sue. That's why she has excelled as a leader since her days in Cairo and yes even here she was a know it all who confidently talked to adults as if she were their superior:

ororo in BP didnt talk to him in the way you described. she talked to him as his equal and tried to give him perspective regarding his experience. how you conclude as you do I dont understand.
    Well said. I think one of the aspects I’ve always admired about Storm when I was first introduced to her in comics was how wise beyond her years (both intellectual and emotional intelligence). And I found the Storm/BP discussion to supportive and show a depth to their intimacy.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.