Page 644 of 662 FirstFirst ... 144544594634640641642643644645646647648654 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Loyalties and allegiances will switch from hand to hand with the exception of Ororo and T'Challa(they're together always).

But, they will be severely tested.

I didn't even mention, the U.S, Russia and some of the lother super powers.

Namor and Doom have worked together many times before so that's a natural alliance.

Storm has an alliance with Scott but can Emma really be trusted not to put her own interests first?

Medusa and Athena have an alliance.

Athena and Storm have an alliance.

Storm and Medusa don't get along. Problems?

T'Challa has a problem with Namor and Doom but he gets along with Scott.

Magneto doesn't like anyone.
    Oooh, those are good pairings and you rationales makes tons of sense. LOL on Magneto doesn't like anyone. He is mercenary, though, and normally straight forward, which I think T'Challa could work with since he can be the same way. Yeah, Emma would be a problem for Ororo but, depending on the specifics of the alliance, Ororo could make it work, if she had to. Namor is a no go for T'Challa, and Ororo would be wise not to push an alliance with him.

I don't know much about Athena and Medusa, so I don't have an opinion.

In the end, it would likely boil down to humans allying together against metas, with some metas siding with the human nations for fear of a meta-controlled Earth. Is that what Hickman is leading to, in your opinion?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Link to the preview for this week's BP that BK shared. https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...ck-panther-19/ I think Shuri raises an excellent point about T'Challa as king versus hero. I think this is actually the crux of the difference in perspective between some longtime BP fans and Coates' view of the character of T'Challa.
    It’s all his fault damn it!!! Good thing Shuri has the Wakandan Balls to point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It’s all his fault damn it!!! Good thing Shuri has the Wakandan Balls to point it out.

LOL. You're terrible. But, yeah, it is all his fault. It's one of those awful unforeseen consequences of a seemingly benign act. I feel bad for T'Challa, actually. I know you don't because you're a meanie.

BANNED

LOL. You're terrible. But, yeah, it is all his fault. It's one of those awful unforeseen consequences of a seemingly benign act. I feel bad for T'Challa, actually. I know you don't because you're a meanie.
    How dare you!! I’m not Terrible...... I’m Messy. And your right I don’t care. I don’t like Stinky Challa.

Let’s talk about something WORTHY of our Vocal Cords. Like Storm loses her powers again. Yeah!!!

Would you all be interested if Storm lost her powers again??

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

In the end, it would likely boil down to humans allying together against metas, with some metas siding with the human nations for fear of a meta-controlled Earth. Is that what Hickman is leading to, in your opinion?
    Maybe, in a cynical bent.

Now, if this setup were a computer strategy game as I proposed earlier, then maybe.....

Utopia's Post-Nation Conquest Menu:
    You have conquered the United States!
    1) Occupy
    2) Strip of resources
    3) Install new government
    4) EMMA: Mind-control populace

Asteroid M's Post-Nation Conquest Menu:
    You have conquered the United States!
    1) Occupy
    2) Strip of resources
    3) Install mutant-led government
    4) Build people ovens and commence human genocide
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

How dare you!! I’m not Terrible...... I’m Messy. And your right I don’t care. I don’t like Stinky Challa.

Let’s talk about something WORTHY of our Vocal Cords. Like Storm loses her powers again. Yeah!!!

Would you all be interested if Storm lost her powers again??
    No loss of powers. ****, I'm still waiting for a full display of her goddess powers. I can't get that if she loses her powers. I want some epic power feats from her like yesterday.

BANNED

No loss of powers. ****, I'm still waiting for a full display of her goddess powers. I can't get that if she loses her powers. I want some epic power feats from her like yesterday.
    I want Goddess Storm to fight Bast.

I want Goddess Storm to fight Bast.
    Oh, hell, that would be crazy. Actually, during Worlds Apart Ororo had earned Bast's respect. Why do you want them to fight?

BANNED

Oh, hell, that would be crazy. Actually, during Worlds Apart Ororo had earned Bast's respect. Why do you want them to fight?
    Because the Wakandans in Wakanda Prime worship the Hadari Yao. Well some.

The fact that Bast admits to leaving Wakanda Prime for other followers would cause some resentment to Bast. Because she left her people high and dry. And since Storm is a New God moving into her Territory.

NO God would be happy if a new God started taking their worshipers. That’s a Problem. So, Goddess Storm needs to beat that Cat’s Ass for leaving her people.

I don't know about you guys, but I always LOVE it when Ororo comes rescuing children (mutant or humans). It reminds me that she is a superhero and has humanity, not just a champion for mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I always LOVE it when Ororo comes rescuing children (mutant or humans). It reminds me that she is a superhero and has humanity, not just a champion for mutants.
    She is definitely the more superhero-ish among the Krakoans.

Because the Wakandans in Wakanda Prime worship the Hadari Yao. Well some.

The fact that Bast admits to leaving Wakanda Prime for other followers would cause some resentment to Bast. Because she left her people high and dry. And since Storm is a New God moving into her Territory.

NO God would be happy if a new God started taking their worshipers. That’s a Problem. So, Goddess Storm needs to beat that Cat’s Ass for leaving her people.

Meh, I highly doubt there will be a fight between Storm and Bast. I won't lie. I'm tired of Bast being shown as a bratty kid. If anything, she needs a damn spanking. Anyway, this is what I want to see in this week's issue:

Nakia: "So, umm, Ororo, I know that you're a mutant and T'Challa told me you're also a goddess. We need a goddess with N'Jadaka's forces coming our way. What exactly does it mean for you to be a goddess and will it be enough to help us stop N'Jadaka?"

Storm:"Well, Nakia, being a goddess means ..."

Come on, Coates, fill in the blank. This issue or the next would be a perfect opportunity for him to show/tell what it means for Ororo to be a goddess.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 12-16-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Yeah, I'd like that too, but I doubt it'll happen. We readers want definition. The writers like ambiguity because it allows more flexibility for them to change the characters to tell the story they want to tell in the moment. A good writer can give us enough foundation to be satisfied while not writing themselves into a corner. We need Coates to give us something though so we have an idea of what Storm's Goddess powers mean.

BANNED

Meh, I highly doubt there will be a fight between Storm and Bast. I won't lie. I'm tired of Bast being shown as a bratty kid. If anything, she needs a damn spanking. Anyway, this is what I want to see in this week's issue:

Nakia: "So, umm, Ororo, I know that you're a mutant and T'Challa told me you're also a goddess. We need a goddess with N'Jadaka's forces coming our way. What exactly does it mean for you to be a goddess and will it be enough to help us stop N'Jadaka?"

Storm:"Well, Nakia, being a goddess means ..."

Come on, Coates, fill in the blank. This issue or the next would be a perfect opportunity for him to show/tell what it means for Ororo to be a goddess.
    It will just come down to a conversation really of Storm lecturing Bast. Then Bast gets butt hurt and leaves.

I don’t think we will info on Goddess Storm, but I do believe we will see some action. I really believe he won’t talk about it until the next arc. And I hope I’m wrong because this man has two issues left of this boring Arc. And honestly if he says nothing, I’m not sure if I want to continue reading his work regarding Storm.

Because now I feel like he baited me with Goddess Storm, only to not mention it at all.

I don't like that this goddess think will likely noy be mentioned in the X-books. It's a nice development and nothing more difficult to manage than having Rachel with a shard of the Phoenix Force or a Cyttorak powered Colossjs. Then should just establish some boundaries and they're good to go.