Page 645 of 662 FirstFirst ... 145545595635641642643644645646647648649655 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It will just come down to a conversation really of Storm lecturing Bast. Then Bast gets butt hurt and leaves.

I don’t think we will info on Goddess Storm, but I do believe we will see some action. I really believe he won’t talk about it until the next arc. And I hope I’m wrong because this man has two issues left of this boring Arc. And honestly if he says nothing, I’m not sure if I want to continue reading his work regarding Storm.

Because now I feel like he baited me with Goddess Storm, only to not mention it at all.

Coates does need to, EVENTUALLY, do something about Bast and the other gods to close the door on that story. While I have no issue with Coates and how he's written Ororo, T'Challa and their relationship, I definitely agree with everyone who've complained that Coates' pacing is for ****. I stopped reading BP when he went into outer space because I'm not a fan of those kinds of stories. Hudlin also sent the couple into outer space and I hated most of those issues. Although, not because they were set in outer space but because some issues were just bad. But that's another topic.

Anyway, I thought T'Challa in outer space would be done in about six issues. Geesh, he went at least double that length of time, so I had to wait a year before he had T'Challa return to Wakanda Prime. Geesh.

Yeah, he probably won't do much to explain Ororo's godhead beyond showing her flex her muscles. I think he does do a good job showing what makes her a powerhouse and why Wakandans like and worship her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Coates does need to, EVENTUALLY, do something about Bast and the other gods to close the door on that story. While I have no issue with Coates and how he's written Ororo, T'Challa and their relationship, I definitely agree with everyone who've complained that Coates' pacing is for ****. I stopped reading BP when he went into outer space because I'm not a fan of those kinds of stories. Hudlin also sent the couple into outer space and I hated most of those issues. Although, not because they were set in outer space but because some issues were just bad. But that's another topic.

Anyway, I thought T'Challa in outer space would be done in about six issues. Geesh, he went at least double that length of time, so I had to wait a year before he had T'Challa return to Wakanda Prime. Geesh.

Yeah, he probably won't do much to explain Ororo's godhead beyond showing her flex her muscles. I think he does do a good job showing what makes her a powerhouse and why Wakandans like and worship her.
    Yeah, at some point he will need to mention it or talk about it. I agree he writes Storm very well and i'm not a fan of their Relationship so it doesn't bother me much about it. But the pacing of the Book I agree 100%. I like Space adventures because we get to see Storm use cosmic energy. That's the only reason why I like it.

Yeah, he knows how to write Storm Flex her muscles very well. Fingers crossed for a Good Issue tomorrow. What I notice is that Coates KNOWS how to write a Good Fight Scene, but anything else it's like UGGGHHH!.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    Thanks for posting these. They both look great. The artist on Marauders is fire and Duggan has Storm giving me life. I want to see if Dauterman cover is a foreshadowing of what Storm has in mind for the Brazilian navy.

After waiting and hoping these past 3 issues for some serious Storm panel time that would be quite disappointing if this is case. It would give more cred to WR’s jaded ass criticism (no shade Wind but just T) about the investment Duggan has in Storm. I am hoping this is the start of where she gets to shine for the action and not just lightning, that per personal reasons for joining are clear and what someone with her unique background and connections mean to Krakoa. Plus it would be good to see how these kids react to someone as world famous as Storm personally defending them - new citizens/the future of Krakoa and mutantdom.
    you're welcome beloved!

I read the other preview images. I can't really blame Shuri for being pissed about Wakanda being invaded again and, in a way, blaming T'Challa for it. We also now know why Coates didn't have Ororo immediately return to Wakanda Prime. After she saved Nakia and the moonbase, and had her little talk with her, I did wonder why she stuck around. But now we see that she is already positioned to be in the fight with the imperial empire. She should have a better and more realistic showing in this fight than she had when the Skrulls invaded Wakanda.
    So I'm a bit confused. The issue we saw where Ororo and Tchalla are talking was that all a flashback issue? Ororo is still in the galatic Wakandan moon base yes?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So I'm a bit confused. The issue we saw where Ororo and Tchalla are talking was that all a flashback issue? Ororo is still in the galatic Wakandan moon base yes?

Yes, it was a flashback scene. I assume that scene took place the evening before the issue when Storm saved the moonbase. It was definitely after the off-panel talk about T'Challa and Nakia. I don't know where they had the conversation, though, because the landscape in balcony scene in last issue was different from the cityscape balcony scene in the reunion issue.

So, yes, Ororo is still on the moon base, which is why, in the preview, he told Taku to have Ororo and Nakia ready assault forces.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 12-16-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I want Goddess Storm to fight Bast.
    me too!! will this make coates BP less boring for you?

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I always LOVE it when Ororo comes rescuing children (mutant or humans). It reminds me that she is a superhero and has humanity, not just a champion for mutants.
    did you see the issue where storm saves the migrant child at sea whose parents died? it was really nice.

Meh, I highly doubt there will be a fight between Storm and Bast. I won't lie. I'm tired of Bast being shown as a bratty kid. If anything, she needs a damn spanking. Anyway, this is what I want to see in this week's issue:

Nakia: "So, umm, Ororo, I know that you're a mutant and T'Challa told me you're also a goddess. We need a goddess with N'Jadaka's forces coming our way. What exactly does it mean for you to be a goddess and will it be enough to help us stop N'Jadaka?"

Storm:"Well, Nakia, being a goddess means ..."

Come on, Coates, fill in the blank. This issue or the next would be a perfect opportunity for him to show/tell what it means for Ororo to be a goddess.
    keep in mind bast is taking on the personality of the child and she doesnt have her full power. I think this is why we are seeing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't like that this goddess think will likely noy be mentioned in the X-books. It's a nice development and nothing more difficult to manage than having Rachel with a shard of the Phoenix Force or a Cyttorak powered Colossjs. Then should just establish some boundaries and they're good to go.
    i believe boundaries have already been established as she doesnt want to be a goddess and then it seems she only access it when dealing with threats that require it. there isnt a need for her to go goddess mode when fighting baseline humans and/or mutants.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yes, it was a flashback scene. I assume that scene took place the evening before the issue when Storm saved the moonbase. It was definitely after the off-panel talk about T'Challa and Nakia. I don't know where they had the conversation, though, because the landscape in balcony scene in last issue was different from the cityscape balcony scene in the reunion issue.

So, yes, Ororo is still on the moon base, which is why, in the preview, he told Taku to have Ororo and Nakia ready assault forces.
    ok thank you so much boo. this makes much more sense.

ok thank you so much boo. this makes much more sense.
    Actually, it was a flashback inside of a flashback with T'Challa telling Ororo what happened to him and the entire issue going back a few days in time. Smh. Coates has a thing about using flashbacks within a current scene as a way of having a character explain past events to either another character and/or readers. Honestly, I don't know what the big mystery was and why Coates felt a need to wait a year to make the reveal. That could've been done months ago.

Actually, it was a flashback inside of a flashback with T'Challa telling Ororo what happened to him and the entire issue going back a few days in time. Smh. Coates has a thing about using flashbacks within a current scene as a way of having a character explain past events to either another character and/or readers. Honestly, I don't know what the big mystery was and why Coates felt a need to wait a year to make the reveal. That could've been done months ago.
    coates is a storyteller so I get it. he likes to draw things out. it can make this boring for some but I appreciate his approach. a lot of comics feel rushed with not much thought but I never get that sense when i read his works.

however I do see your point.

coates is a storyteller so I get it. he likes to draw things out. it can make this boring for some but I appreciate his approach. a lot of comics feel rushed with not much thought but I never get that sense when i read his works.

however I do see your point.
    Oh, trust me, I appreciate his thoughtfulness, but good pacing is real and a skill. He needs to figure out a decent pace for his comic book arcs, which is not the same for the novels and books that he writes. While I liked Hudlin well enough, I thought many of his stories lacked depth. I read those things in about three minutes. Coates isn't like that, thank goodness, but a bit more speed wouldn't hurt his storytelling.

BANNED

There's going to a Hadari Yao overload this week! Bring it tf on! We have Coates serving his glorious Ororo and Duggan flip the table on the terrible legacy of her on a team led by Kitty. I'm so excited!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    There's going to a Hadari Yao overload this week! Bring it tf on! We have Coates serving his glorious Ororo and Duggan flip the table on the terrible legacy of her on a team led by Kitty. I'm so excited!

This week should prove interesting for Storm. Let's see how the writers handle her and her powers. I'm also excited.

Do you guys think we'll actually get to the intergalatic battle, or only see the build-up to it. Is the January issue the one with Nakia and N'Jadaka's split faces on the cover?

BANNED

me too!! will this make coates BP less boring for you?
    YES!!!! Enough with Boringness Coates.

Give me Storm firing God Blast and flying at the Speed of Light!!!

Reading the Fantastic Four when Storm and T'Challa replaced Reed and Sue and Storm is seriously under powered. She could solo half the villains in the fight and yet she just stands there. I do not like a goddess to take a step back for any man.
    I went and rewatched the 90's animated series episode where Storm completely solos the entire Hellfire Club whilst Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine, Gambit & Beast all get knocked out quickly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Reading the Fantastic Four when Storm and T'Challa replaced Reed and Sue and Storm is seriously under powered. She could solo half the villains in the fight and yet she just stands there. I do not like a goddess to take a step back for any man.
    I went and rewatched the 90's animated series episode where Storm completely solos the entire Hellfire Club whilst Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine, Gambit & Beast all get knocked out quickly.
    I LOVED that episode. To Bad the Comics didn't see it that way -_-