Page 646 of 662 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Reading the Fantastic Four when Storm and T'Challa replaced Reed and Sue and Storm is seriously under powered. She could solo half the villains in the fight and yet she just stands there. I do not like a goddess to take a step back for any man.
    I went and rewatched the 90's animated series episode where Storm completely solos the entire Hellfire Club whilst Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine, Gambit & Beast all get knocked out quickly.
    I liked her time with the fantastic four. I think she should be soloing villains lefthand right. Who do you think she should have solo'd?

BANNED

Reading the Fantastic Four when Storm and T'Challa replaced Reed and Sue and Storm is seriously under powered. She could solo half the villains in the fight and yet she just stands there. I do not like a goddess to take a step back for any man.
    I went and rewatched the 90's animated series episode where Storm completely solos the entire Hellfire Club whilst Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine, Gambit & Beast all get knocked out quickly.
    What issue are you referencing? I recall Storm turning out for the FF. I thought MacDuffie did right by our goddess and wrote the marriage a helluva lot better than Hudlin.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I liked her time with the fantastic four. I think she should be soloing villains lefthand right. Who do you think she should have solo'd?
    The issues with the Frightful Four.

What do Storm fans think of her Onslaught costume?

Last edited by JasmineW; 12-16-2019 at 05:13 PM.

It's one of my favorite.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

"Thor! Storm! Crystal! Do what you can to contain that upheaval and keep us alive! The rest of us have got to get to Onslaught, FAST!"
    - Cyclops, "Onslaught"

That team-up feels impossible now; the hostility for non-X seems indelible...
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 12-16-2019 at 07:55 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    "Thor! Storm! Crystal! Do what you can to contain that upheaval and keep us alive! The rest of us have got to get to Onslaught, FAST!"
    - Cyclops, "Onslaught"

That team-up feels impossible now; the hostility for non-X seems indelible...
    Storm, Thor and Crystal huh??? Interesting Combo and team. To bad that may never happen again.....
    What issue was that again???

This is one of my Favorites as well......this the Costume she gave the Hulk some BUSINESS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm, Thor and Crystal huh??? Interesting Combo and team. To bad that may never happen again.....
    What issue was that again???
    "Marvel Universe: Onslaught," the special issue that led to the killing of most major non-X-Men Marvel superheroes (aka being later transferred to "Heroes Reborn"). In the final battle against Onslaught, the Avengers and FF join the X-Men in the fight. Onslaught, with Franklin Richards and Nate Grey imprisoned within him, warps reality to create a second sun above the Earth, causing an ecological upheaval. So Cyke orders Thor, Storm and Crystal to combine their weather/elemental powers to keep the battlefield environment livable while the rest press the attack on Onslaught. We only see Scott give the order and the three moving (actual action done off-screen).

Long story short, Hulk cracks the Onslaught armor, unleashing his energy form. The Avengers and FF jump inside to absorb Onslaught into their bodies while leaving the X-Men to kill them. The action was seen by bystanders and interpreted (naturally) as the filthy muties backstabbing the real heroes, which then leads to "Zero Tolerance."

This is an impossibility now. THIS IS AN IMPOSSIBILITY NOW!

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh, trust me, I appreciate his thoughtfulness, but good pacing is real and a skill. He needs to figure out a decent pace for his comic book arcs, which is not the same for the novels and books that he writes. While I liked Hudlin well enough, I thought many of his stories lacked depth. I read those things in about three minutes. Coates isn't like that, thank goodness, but a bit more speed wouldn't hurt his storytelling.
    I can agree here. a nice balance of depth and good pacing i dont think is much to ask. if coates doesnt come back to BP I most certainly hope he gets a shot at a storm solo. I'm sure he would write the hell out of it.

though I dont mind his pacing I think his books would read better to those who had issues with this if he has more than 30 or so pages to work with each issue.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    There's going to a Hadari Yao overload this week! Bring it tf on! We have Coates serving his glorious Ororo and Duggan flip the table on the terrible legacy of her on a team led by Kitty. I'm so excited!
    I wanna be wrong.. I really do. but a bad ass storm that just shoots lightning isnt really much to excite me. as I said I hope we get more from duggan and I'm wrong but writers generally dont know how to show her do much beyond shooting lightning.

now gawdess storm I'm ready to see! bring it miss yao like only you can do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Do you guys think we'll actually get to the intergalatic battle, or only see the build-up to it. Is the January issue the one with Nakia and N'Jadaka's split faces on the cover?
    im.not sure. I don't think we will get the battle until sometime in January of Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    YES!!!! Enough with Boringness Coates.

Give me Storm firing God Blast and flying at the Speed of Light!!!
    things I would like goddess storm to be able to do:

teleport and turn to a being of pure energy
    manipulation of all forms of energy including natural, supernatural, and mystical
    respond and flight faster than light speed
    regeneration
    invulnerable to attacks non-divine in nature
    enhanced durabitly and strength

one of my fave episodes. she took them out like the fodder they are.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I wanna be wrong.. I really do. but a bad ass storm that just shoots lightning isnt really much to excite me. as I said I hope we get more from duggan and I'm wrong but writers generally dont know how to show her do much beyond shooting lightning.
    Heh, like when was the last time she summoned "Arctic Winds"? In the "X-Men: Children of the Atom" fighting game by Capcom, that was one of her super moves (alongside, natch, Lightning Storm) and was supposedly able to do 3/4 damage to a full enemy life bar if all hits connect.

Heh, like when was the last time she summoned "Arctic Winds"? In the "X-Men: Children of the Atom" fighting game by Capcom, that was one of her super moves (alongside, natch, Lightning Storm) and was supposedly able to do 3/4 damage to a full enemy life bar if all hits connect.
    within the xbooks?? I cant tell you the last time she manipulated the cold.

have you played the "new" marvel alliance game? she is pretty nice to play with on there.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    Thanks for posting these. They both look great. The artist on Marauders is fire and Duggan has Storm giving me life. I want to see if Dauterman cover is a foreshadowing of what Storm has in mind for the Brazilian navy.

After waiting and hoping these past 3 issues for some serious Storm panel time that would be quite disappointing if this is case. It would give more cred to WRÂ’s jaded ass criticism (no shade Wind but just T) about the investment Duggan has in Storm. I am hoping this is the start of where she gets to shine for the action and not just lightning, that per personal reasons for joining are clear and what someone with her unique background and connections mean to Krakoa. Plus it would be good to see how these kids react to someone as world famous as Storm personally defending them - new citizens/the future of Krakoa and mutantdom.
    Lol I am not that bad, but yeah....the Preview art looks great (has a bit of a Vic Ibanez feel to it on certain panels) but the jury will deliberate over the final receipts. IÂ’m still waiting to see what makes an omega mutant an omega in Dawn of X. Thus moment os definitely classic/core Ororo (fierce lioness protecting her cubs if you will) but weÂ’ll see.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

have you played the "new" marvel alliance game? she is pretty nice to play with on there.
    Nope. The last "Marvel Alliance" game I played was the browser game by Playdom that shut down in 2016. Nowadays I'm on "Marvel Future Fight," when I'm not deleting it off my low-storage phone and alternating it with "Fate/Grand Order." Thank God for account saving.

Nope. The last "Marvel Alliance" game I played was the browser game by Playdom that shut down in 2016. Nowadays I'm on "Marvel Future Fight," when I'm not deleting it off my low-storage phone and alternating it with "Fate/Grand Order." Thank God for account saving.

how are those games? you have storm? is she powerful?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol I am not that bad, but yeah....the Preview art looks great (has a bit of a Vic Ibanez feel to it on certain panels) but the jury will deliberate over the final receipts. IÂ’m still waiting to see what makes an omega mutant an omega in Dawn of X. Thus moment os definitely classic/core Ororo (fierce lioness protecting her cubs if you will) but weÂ’ll see.

exactly because at this point I've yet to see it. unless charging lightning in the sky to take out a no name Brazilian qualifies as such :/.

https://screenrant.com/x-men-storm-thanos-comic/

issues with ororo channeling thanos? I do if she gets her ass handed to her in the end.

https://thegeekiary.com/gerry-duggan...el-storm/74672

I really enjoy his blog. make sure you check it out. it's like he reads our exchanges here lol.

how are those games? you have storm? is she powerful?
    Storm on "MFF" is fairly good, with some sweet area attacks for screen-clearing. I just haven't had time to really boost her stats and gear, seeing as I'm a free player that kind of avoids in-game purchases like the plague.

"Fate/Grand Order" is awesome, and has a more involved story than the minimal trans-dimensional plot of "Future Fight." I'd try discussing power levels of Type-Moon's Heroic Spirits/Servants compared to Marvel characters, but "X-Men/mutantdom drops all challengers" and everything.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 12-16-2019 at 11:21 PM.