Page 648 of 662 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Nova?!? Richard or Frankie?
    I mean Frankie.....but I was to lazy to clarify since Marvell200 already responded LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I haven't done digital, for some reason I just like the pen/pencil/brush in my hand against paper. I haven't drawn anything in months though. I can't create anything new just from my mind(yet).

Here's a sample:

Attachment 90390
    Oh that's really cool. I really like the use of values on it. I should be using reference more because i'm sure i would get better quicker but it takes the fun out of it for me, i like to feel my mind forming the shape if that makes sense. I'm far off. Nothing beats paper but my absolute fave is to draw in pen. It's so freeing.

A luke cage a did awhile ago. Attachment 90391

Scott/Ororo i didn't finish Attachment 90392

And prob my fave storm i've done this year due to the fun factor.Attachment 90392Attachment 90393
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I mean Frankie.....but I was to lazy to clarify since Marvell200 already responded LOL.
    I'm gonna say Storm. Initially, I thought Galactus Herald would be a tough fight for Storm. Then I remembered Storm has an impressive record against them.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

The top X-Men would have an impressive win record against Tzeench, Nurgle, Khorne, Slaanesh or Chaos Undivided.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

So, a few points about BP (2018) #19, but no spoilers.

One, Ororo does not appear in the issue.

Two, the war in outer space does not happen in this issue, which makes sense considering how BP #17 ended with N'Jadaka's invading army.

Three, there is a line in this issue about Ororo that sets last issue in a clearer chronological order. I assumed the convo between Ororo and T'Challa took place before she went to the moonbase because she wasn't shown as having returned to Wakanda Prime. So, there is a pocket of time from when T'Challa, Okoye, etc fight N'Jadaka and lose, which we know from the preview, and the time at the end of this issue that BP leaves on a mission. Read the issue to find out where he is going and why. Anyway, in that pocket of time, probably from mid-day until the next morning (In issue #18 the sun was shown setting when they spoke on the balcony.) Ororo returned to Wakanda Prime.

From the story, it seems that T'Challa may have asked her to return so they could talk because he had things on his heart and head from the events of this issue and he needed her to help him work through it.

Here is the line from today's issue.

T'Challa to Shuri: Ororo's brief return allowed me to sort through my thoughts further on this matter, sister, and I was able to assemble more allies to aid Wakanda while I am gone."

This line ended with an asterisk next to it. The asterisk meant "Last Issue." So, that line refers to the conversation on the balcony between Ororo and T'Challa. Now, with that new order, some of what happened in issue #18 makes more sense, at least to me. When T'Challa mentioned Ororo being quiet that evening and she gave him the side eye, her distraction makes sense. She had just spent time and spoken with the woman who loves T'Challa and who he has some feelings for. So, yeah, she was in her feelings at that moment. It also explains the last panel of the issue, which I did not understand why or when T'Challa's/Wakanda's biggest defenders had gathered with T'Challa, Ororo, and Shuri. Now, it makes sense. All of this happened after N'Jadaka's forces defeated Shuri and T'Challa and before the last panel of this issue, which takes place the day after their defeat.

I hope that wasn't too confusing, but Coates does not write in a linear way, which forces me to rework some of this chronology in my mind to see how everything fits.

So, Ororo is back on the moonbase after returning home for likely part of a day and overnight.

This line is the last mention of Ororo in the issue.

Shuri to T'Challa: "And now Ororo is already back fighting with the Maroons--she truly is a Goddess, you know that, brother?"

So, Coates mentioned Ororo being a goddess again. Next issue will probably be split between T'Challa's mission and Ororo fighting with the Maroons, hopefully showing that she is a god, as Shuri said.

Okay, that's it, friends. Off to work.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 12-18-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    So, a few points about BP (2018) #19, but no spoilers.

One, Ororo does not appear in the issue.

Two, the war in outer space does not happen in this issue, which makes sense considering how BP #17 ended with N'Jadaka's invading army.

Three, there is a line in this issue about Ororo that sets last issue in a clearer chronological order. I assumed the convo between Ororo and T'Challa took place before she went to the moonbase because she wasn't shown as having returned to Wakanda Prime. So, there is a pocket of time from when T'Challa, Okoye, etc fight N'Jadaka and lose, which we know from the preview, and the time at the end of this issue that BP leaves on a mission. Read the issue to find out where he is going and why. Anyway, in that pocket of time, probably from mid-day until the next morning (In issue #18 the sun was shown setting when they spoke on the balcony.) Ororo returned o Wakanda Prime.

Here is the line from today's issue.

T'Challa to Shuri: Ororo's brief return allowed me to sort through my thoughts further on this matter, sister, and I was able to assemble more allies to aid Wakanda while I am gone."

This line ended with an asterisk next to it. The asterisk meant "Last Issue." So, that line refers to the conversation on the balcony between Ororo and T'Challa. Now, with that new order, some of what happened in issue #18 makes more sense, at least to me. When T'Challa mentioned Ororo being quiet that evening and she gave him the side eye, her distraction makes sense. She had just spent time and spoken with the woman who loves T'Challa and who he has some feelings for. So, yeah, she was in her feelings at that moment. It also explains the last panel of the issue, which I did not understand why or when T'Challa's/Wakanda's biggest defenders had gathered with T'Challa, Ororo, and Shuri. Now, it makes sense. All of this happened after N'Jadaka's forces defeated Shuri and T'Challa and before the last panel of this issue, which takes place the day after their defeat.

I hope that wasn't too confusing, but Coates does not write in a linear way, which forces me to rework some of this chronology in my mind to see how everything fits.

So, Ororo is back on the moonbase after returning home for likely part of a day and overnight.

This line is the last mention of Ororo in the issue.

Shuri to T'Challa: "And now Ororo is already back fighting with the Maroons--she truly is a Goddess, you know that, brother?"

So, Coates mentioned Ororo being a goddess again. Next issue will probably be split between T'Challa's mission and Ororo fighting with the Maroons, hopefully showing that she is a god, as Shuri said.

Okay, that's it, friends. Off to work.
    Thanks for the recap. This will be the first issue of Coates entire run I skip. The last line from shuri is promising but that's more because storm went full God mode in shuri book without any worship so I wonder if she will tell tchalla what happened there.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thanks for the recap. This will be the first issue of Coates entire run I skip. The last line from shuri is promising but that's more because storm went full God mode in shuri book without any worship so I wonder if she will tell tchalla what happened there.
    The phrasing of the line from Shuri was weird, though. It was posed as a question as if T'Challa didn't know Ororo was a goddess. That's probably not how Coates meant it, but having Shuri say, "She truly is a goddess, you know that brother?" read odd to me. Of course T'Challa knows. He was the one who helped Ororo realize her godhood. I'm unsure if Shuri meant anything from her solo mini series. There was no notation after her sentence as a call back to another comic.

Why skip this issue, if you've read all the others? No judgment. I've skipped most. I'm truly simply asking.

The phrasing of the line from Shuri was weird, though. It was posed as a question as if T'Challa didn't know Ororo was a goddess. That's probably not how Coates meant it, but having Shuri say, "She truly is a goddess, you know that brother?" read odd to me. Of course T'Challa knows. He was the one who helped Ororo realize her godhood. I'm unsure if Shuri meant anything from her solo mini series. There was no notation after her sentence as a call back to another comic.

Why skip this issue, if you've read all the others? No judgment. I've skipped most. I'm truly simply asking.
    I'm just done with coates pretty much. When i'm not enjoying something im not one of those types to suffer through it. lol.

While Tchalla does know Storm can go god mode via worship he has not seen that it can be induced by other stuff like the fungi under wakanda in Shuri. Perhaps she will get into the difference of a god via. worship and an inherent god mode.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm just done with coates pretty much. When i'm not enjoying something im not one of those types to suffer through it. lol.

While Tchalla does know Storm can go god mode via worship he has not seen that it can be induced by other stuff like the fungi under wakanda in Shuri. Perhaps she will get into the difference of a god via. worship and an inherent god mode.

Yes, well, there really isn't a point in spending your money on something you no longer enjoy. It's always a shame when writers of characters you like disappoint you as a reader. I've dropped many comics, and now only read some here and there. Being a comic book fan can be an expensive hobby.

As to your other point about Shuri, I'm unsure if that is what Coates was getting at with her line, although your interpretation certainly makes sense. I'm going to buy the next issues to see how all of this intergalatic Wakanda stuff ends. ****, hopefully ends. And to see if Coates elaborates more on Ororo's godhood, of course.

Yes, well, there really isn't a point in spending your money on something you no longer enjoy. It's always a shame when writers of characters you like disappoint you as a reader. I've dropped many comics, and now only read some here and there. Being a comic book fan can be an expensive hobby.

As to your other point about Shuri, I'm unsure if that is what Coates was getting at with her line, although your interpretation certainly makes sense. I'm going to buy the next issues to see how all of this intergalatic Wakanda stuff ends. ****, hopefully ends. And to see if Coates elaborates more on Ororo's godhood, of course.
    I just hope something of it materializes at this point so it can all make sense. I can let go a lot, though will not support if he can just tie this together and land it. Between Storm's appearance in BP and Shuri if it was all leading to some sort of clear declaration on the status of her god hood for it to be used more overall within the X-books and the greater mu itwould have at least in my mind, been worth some of the lack of appearances in X-men and the Duggan podcast on her use and allow me to give marvel some credit. As a huge overall shift in a character that is recognized across the board and for someone of Storm's status isn't always easy.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Kitty took the spotlight in Storm's spotlight issue. WTF?!?!?

I'm watching X-men TAS and for the first time i can truly understand why there are so many Rolo fans. I mean i could see why and i have seen the show before. But looking at it now and if you put together their positive interactions in comics it really works and works on paper too. I am loving the days of future past story more than the first time in the cartoon.

Storm" Would you really risk everyone for the sake of our love..."
    Logan:" In a heartbeat."
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Bwahhhhaaaaaaaa this was supposed to be an issue where Ororo did something cool per Duggan???? This was supposed to be the issue where storm gets focus????? Lolololololol boy I hate being right but damn I'm good.. That issue quickly turned to the kitty show lol and it was kind of boting. lolol

But on a positive note Black Psnther was really good even with no ororo. cant wait to see how ororo contributes to the looking battle
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-18-2019 at 08:10 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Bwahhhhaaaaaaaa this was supposed to be an issue where Ororo did something cool per Duggan???? This was supposed to be the issue where storm gets focus????? Lolololololol boy I hate being right but damn I'm good.. That issue quickly turned to the kitty show lol and it was kind of boting. lolol

But on a positive note Black Psnther was really good even with no ororo. cant wait to see how ororo contributes to the looking battle
    we saw everything we needed to in the previews. Dugan was misleading in his interview. He tried to reiterate that this was a team book and that every member would get their spotlight issue. I thought this would have been like #3 was for Shaw where he was the primary focus, but nah, Storm was a footnote and this was another Kitty issue. Might as well not have had Storm on the cover, but then again I guess that was the best part about her here

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kitty took the spotlight in Storm's spotlight issue. WTF?!?!?

So, was what we saw in the preview the extent of the Storm "spotlight" issue?