Page 649 of 662 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Bwahhhhaaaaaaaa this was supposed to be an issue where Ororo did something cool per Duggan???? This was supposed to be the issue where storm gets focus????? Lolololololol boy I hate being right but damn I'm good.. That issue quickly turned to the kitty show lol and it was kind of boting. lolol

But on a positive note Black Psnther was really good even with no ororo. cant wait to see how ororo contributes to the looking battle

That's unfortunate with Marauders but perhaps unsurprising. I also wasn't surprised not to see Ororo in BP. The fight scene on Wakanda had to take place first before anything in outer space happened. Shuri had a good showing, which I appreciated.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 12-18-2019 at 09:53 AM.

There's generally an overabundance of passive aggressive and bitchiness in here, I would advise trying to calm that down a bit. Carry on appreciating Storm, NOT talking about other posters please.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    So, was what we saw in the preview the extent of the Storm "spotlight" issue?
    Pretty much! Her power display was cool but there wasnt much to her in here beyond that which was disappointing.

BANNED

Y'all it's a great day to be a Storm fan IMO. I loved her part in Marauders. We got clear proof that 'Ro plays with the intensity of her lightning. The first bolt she threw was a doozy. Paragon was reeling and was barely able to keep his footing. Hadari Yao came through and unleashed an even crazier bolt. Not only did it completely lay him out flat, she superheated the air and sand around him and created a glass tower. I love Pyro's reaction to witnessing Hadari Yao in all her glory! He's a fuckin STAN, so I stan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Y'all it's a great day to be a Storm fan IMO. I loved her part in Marauders. We got clear proof that 'Ro plays with the intensity of her lightning. The first bolt she threw was a doozy. Paragon was reeling and was barely able to keep his footing. Hadari Yao came through and unleashed an even crazier bolt. Not only did it completely lay him out flat, she superheated the air and sand around him and created a glass tower. I love Pyro's reaction to witnessing Hadari Yao in all her glory! He's a fuckin STAN, so I stan.
    I AGREE!!!!!!

:-) I didn't even Notice that....Nice Find.

That's unfortunate with Marauders but perhaps unsurprising. I also wasn't surprised not to see Ororo in BP. The fight scene on Wakanda had to take place first before anything in outer space happened. Shuri had a good showing, which I appreciated.
    Shuri gave him a Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion level of read. I loved her. I was waiting for someone to call him out on his holier than thou behavior and on never being satisfied with what he's got.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I agree as well. I also feel he was showcasing his voice for her in this issue after an admittedly slow start.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    we saw everything we needed to in the previews. Dugan was misleading in his interview. He tried to reiterate that this was a team book and that every member would get their spotlight issue. I thought this would have been like #3 was for Shaw where he was the primary focus, but nah, Storm was a footnote and this was another Kitty issue. Might as well not have had Storm on the cover, but then again I guess that was the best part about her here
    yea we did. I think I would have been more impressed had she did in the book what she did on the cover. reading four issues you definitely get the sense duggan likes writing kitty. it comes through with how imaginative he is with showcasing her abilities. however, a cool moment for storm is shooting lightning a creating a glass due to the heat? it was as I feared more lightning lass as well as more kitty. but I agree storm was definitely a footnote.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

oh yea shuri was the highlight of the issue. it was really nice to see her calling tchalla out and him responding to that by doing the right thing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

oh yea shuri was the highlight of the issue. it was really nice to see her calling tchalla out and him responding to that by doing the right thing.
    There are only a handful of people T'Challa will truly listen to. And, in the beginning, he didn't even want to listen to Shuri because he was so sure he was right. T'Challa as BP has always been an interesting character because it does raise the question of him being a king versus being a hero. There is a distinction. A king doesn't have to be limited to his realm, but he also can't be elsewhere more than in his country to deal with the issues and needs of his people. He also can't palm off his responsibilities on someone else--like Shuri for example.

There are things that, as king, only T'Challa can do. I'm actually excited for the next issue. I think T'Challa will have his time with his ancestors and Ororo will be shown with the Maroons. I think the Feb issue will have T'Challa joining Ororo, Nakia, and the Maroons in the battle. At some point, he's going to have to face-off against N'Jadaka/Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Pretty much! Her power display was cool but there wasnt much to her in here beyond that which was disappointing.
    Thank you for your response. Are you able to post the panel with her second lightning strike?

Thank you for your response. Are you able to post the panel with her second lightning strike?
    of course.

this was the last time she appeared in the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Shuri gave him a Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion level of read. I loved her. I was waiting for someone to call him out on his holier than thou behavior and on never being satisfied with what he's got.
    Very true. Shuri ran Wakanda in his absence, so she shouldn't be taken for granted or her objection to his actions ignored. It was a true sibling conversation, even down to Ramonda pretty much staying out of it. Shuri even called T'Challa on annulling his marriage. LOL. She piled it on him.

of course.

this was the last time she appeared in the issue.
    Cool, BK, thank you very much. That kid has a way with words. LOL. He knows what's up.

There are only a handful of people T'Challa will truly listen to. And, in the beginning, he didn't even want to listen to Shuri because he was so sure he was right. T'Challa as BP has always been an interesting character because it does raise the question of him being a king versus being a hero. There is a distinction. A king doesn't have to be limited to his realm, but he also can't be elsewhere more than in his country to deal with the issues and needs of his people. He also can't palm off his responsibilities on someone else--like Shuri for example.

There are things that, as king, only T'Challa can do. I'm actually excited for the next issue. I think T'Challa will have his time with his ancestors and Ororo will be shown with the Maroons. I think the Feb issue will have T'Challa joining Ororo, Nakia, and the Maroons in the battle. At some point, he's going to have to face-off against N'Jadaka/Killmonger.
    yes tchalla to me would come across as very guarded and would only let down that guard when he completely trusts an individual. shuri had the very necessary conversation that tchalla needed to here. as you said, as much as he is a hero he cant delegate those duties as a king to someone else. he wears the mantle and therefore he bears the burden such a title brings. and shuri shading him for annulling ororo was delicious!!!

yes I'm curious to see if tchalla can pull this off without having to destroy his ancestors as he was warned he would have to do.