Page 65 of 662 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think that is what we saw in the preview when she shot all those bolts of lightning at the people above the train lololol
    Of course the only thing these people care about is "look how pretty her powers are", and the train scene looks okay but flying and shooting lightning would be checked off in five minutes and moved on in the MCU, give me some temperature, suck air out of lungs and smashing people into wls with winds feats that show how versatile she is.

Also of course theres nothing said about her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is that her “new powers”?
    Yes it is. She has "extra" lightening bolts now.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Of course the only thing these people care about is "look how pretty her powers are", and the train scene looks okay but flying and shooting lightning would be checked off in five minutes and moved on in the MCU, give me some temperature, suck air out of lungs and smashing people into wls with winds feats that show how versatile she is.

Also of course theres nothing said about her character.
    yes yes and yes to all of this. I couldn't agree with you more. I think at this point the only thing they know to do with her is give her "pretty" looking powers. What's funny is that I've seen some fan made films that show how powerful and versatile she is and in way similar to what you mentioned. Mya's film is one that comes to mind and then there was the other BP one where she was also a skilled martial artist who was using a wide range of her powers as well. How can we get something as good as this with not nearly the budget has had yet we keep getting these craptastic storm depictions?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I wonder what he means by “flying at speed” above the train. From these screen caps she appears to be doing the ol’ bent leg hover/float that she normally does in these movies. I dream of the day we actually see Storm in horizontal flight. Which is so sad when you think about it. The zip line travesty of “flight” that was in X-men Apocalypse was honestly just embarrassing to watch as a fan of somebody frequently referred to as a Wind Rider. And not to over-complain but when you think of the power and intensity of Thor’s lightning from Ragnarok and IW? This looks like static electricity in comparison.

P.S- @ juan678, idk if people say this to you often enough but thank you for always being so on top of posting new footage and screen caps in these threads! Can always rely on you for some high quality gifs lol. It’s not taken for granted!
    Last edited by Ororo101; 02-28-2019 at 06:17 PM.

At first glance, I thought Storm was moving ar superhuman speed. Then i realized, I was blinded by hope.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

hopefully we get great MCU Storm..
    One that was taken time on.
    My must have ...
    The Double winged Cape. Not all of the time.
    Tiara
    A Unique look from Darker skin to the Big hair blue eyes
    Major power disply. We got the budget now can we Day after tomorrow it already plz.
    Acknowledge the princess thing
    The theift thing
    Acknowledge the goddess thing
    Lock picking scene that saves the day
    HORIZONTAL FLIGHT. can we get a Sonic boom.

Visually this looks cool, but Storm projecting lightning is redundant. I want more versatility on display when showcasing Storm's powers.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Isn’t it funny when people expect Claremont fans to get excited over Storm throwing lightning at inanimate objects?

Bitch, we been knew she could do that since 1975.

Anyways girls mother is back. I'm reserving judgment until I see the film (yet again).
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes yes and yes to all of this. I couldn't agree with you more. I think at this point the only thing they know to do with her is give her "pretty" looking powers. What's funny is that I've seen some fan made films that show how powerful and versatile she is and in way similar to what you mentioned. Mya's film is one that comes to mind and then there was the other BP one where she was also a skilled martial artist who was using a wide range of her powers as well. How can we get something as good as this with not nearly the budget has had yet we keep getting these craptastic storm depictions?
    Yaaass her fights scenes in Rain and the BP fan films where great, literally better than over a decade's worth of movie scenes.

Also lol at these last responses, I love this board so much it was so entertaining to read after a horrible night a sleep.
    Last edited by ShepardOakenshieldPrime; 03-01-2019 at 06:32 AM.

When you guys see an obviously insulting post or anything else that violates the rules, please use the 'Report' button located in the bottom corner of the message.

Don't keep replying, please - it just means more for the mods to clean up.

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh look! Lightning Lass of the Not-X-Men. Thank the GODDESS the real Storm is not part of that FoX-Men Farce.

BANNED

Well, I must say that is a very cool display of Lightning Attack, but we've seen this already.

Mix it up use a Hurricane or a Blizzard to freeze the Train AND the People in place.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, I must say that is a very cool display of Lightning Attack, but we've seen this already.

Mix it up use a Hurricane or a Blizzard to freeze the Train AND the People in place.
    Agreed. Not impressed at all. I had to roll my eyes at this. After this many failed appearances with respect to Storm’s being “purported powerful” yet Fox can’t deliver “Storm” to save their lives. So far I wouldn’t spend any coins to see this upcoming train wreck/travesty.