Page 650 of 662 FirstFirst ... 150550600640646647648649650651652653654660 ... LastLast
Results 9,736 to 9,750 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Cool, BK, thank you very much. That kid has a way with words. LOL. He knows what's up.
    now what would have been cute is if he was completely contained in glass that would hsve been cute. but yes glasses that bitch is hilarious lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    of course.

this was the last time she appeared in the issue.
    That's true. I loved this scene tho. This scan reminds me of two different movies. Watchmen when Dr. Manhattan takes ole girl to Mars where he creates a glass tower. It was beautiful.

The other movie I'm thinking of I'd Bicentennial man, I think. Some collects glass from the beach after a lightning strike.

Look how small Paragon is in the middle of Ororo's glass sculpture. That lightning strike was massively powerful. Molten sand shot easily 50 feet in the air. There's a lot going on when we really look at it.

BANNED

Very true. Shuri ran Wakanda in his absence, so she shouldn't be taken for granted or her objection to his actions ignored. It was a true sibling conversation, even down to Ramonda pretty much staying out of it. Shuri even called T'Challa on annulling his marriage. LOL. She piled it on him.
    Lolol this was good. I loved that he stood his ground, but he was still able to see it from her POV. That's the truth measure of a person for me. I enjoy that about him.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    That's true. I loved this scene tho. This scan reminds me of two different movies. Watchmen when Dr. Manhattan takes ole girl to Mars where he creates a glass tower. It was beautiful.

The other movie I'm thinking of I'd Bicentennial man, I think. Some collects glass from the beach after a lightning strike.

Look how small Paragon is in the middle of Ororo's glass sculpture. That lightning strike was massively powerful. Molten sand shot easily 50 feet in the air. There's a lot going on when we really look at it.
    has she created glass from lightning before? I felt like she has for some reason.

at what temperature does sand turn to glass?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Very true. Shuri ran Wakanda in his absence, so she shouldn't be taken for granted or her objection to his actions ignored. It was a true sibling conversation, even down to Ramonda pretty much staying out of it. Shuri even called T'Challa on annulling his marriage. LOL. She piled it on him.

I would love mini series with Ororo and Shuri. There hasn't been enough time in BP to show their sister friendship, which is definitely there.

yes tchalla to me would come across as very guarded and would only let down that guard when he completely trusts an individual. shuri had the very necessary conversation that tchalla needed to here. as you said, as much as he is a hero he cant delegate those duties as a king to someone else. he wears the mantle and therefore he bears the burden such a title brings. and shuri shading him for annulling ororo was delicious!!!

yes I'm curious to see if tchalla can pull this off without having to destroy his ancestors as he was warned he would have to do.
    I would love mini series with Ororo and Shuri. There hasn't been enough time in BP to show their sister friendship, which is definitely there.

so I just looked it up sand turns to glass around 3090 degrees F. that guy must be pretty durable.

Lolol this was good. I loved that he stood his ground, but he was still able to see it from her POV. That's the truth measure of a person for me. I enjoy that about him.
    And good kings/leaders have people around them who aren't afraid to tell them when their sh*t stinks. Despots surround themselves with people who tell them what they want to hear, whether they agree or not. So the convo was good as far as how Coates has framed this version of T'Challa. He did listen, mainly because what Shuri had to say had actual merit. I would like more interactions with them.

BANNED

has she created glass from lightning before? I felt like she has for some reason.

https://curiosity.com/topics/when-li...res-curiosity/

so I just looked it up sand turns to glass around 3090 degrees F. that guy must be pretty durable.
    Yeah, he must be. Also, I've noticed that writers/artists tend to act as if getting struck by lightning, especially to the power level that Ororo uses it isn't a life sentence. I mean, come on, how many people would survive a concentrated, high-powered lightning attack, even a mutant?

oh yea I would totally be on board with that. I would ship for a mini with okoye, ororo, misty, and shuri. could you imagine how badass that book would be??

BANNED

He's super durable. Most naturally occurring fulgulrite are very small. Ororo's here is fucking HUGE. The size and intensity of that final bolt was ridiculous. The concussive force pounded him into the ground, casting a mushroom cloud of sand two stories into the sky. The sheer heat of the bolt melted the beginning of that mushroom cloud. My mind is blown.

This is how lightning lass is down. This reminds me of the epic bolt from Thor that Invisible Woman blocked. It was glorious.

BANNED

My guess is Storm used her best judgment and decided that this dickhead posed an immediate threat to the children. He had to be put down like the mad dog he was. Eat ****, bum. "I don't even know who you are." Lololololol

He's super durable. Most naturally occurring fulgulrite are very small. Ororo's here is fucking HUGE. The size and intensity of that final bolt was ridiculous. The concussive force pounded him into the ground, casting a mushroom cloud of sand two stories into the sky. The sheer heat of the bolt melted the beginning of that mushroom cloud. My mind is blown.

This is how lightning lass is down. This reminds me of the epic bolt from Thor that Invisible Woman blocked. It was glorious.
    how does this remind you of that bolt with thor? the more you describe this lightning lass definitely came through.

I must say everytime ororo is depicted she seems angry. I guess she has a reason to be but I hope my girl gets some much needed d from tchalla. she needs a stress reliever.

2930 degrees Fahrenheit.

Lightning regularly strikes sand and makes glass. It is called fulgurite. But they are typically hollow tubes that penetrate into the earth and have lightning-like shapes.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!