Page 651 of 662 FirstFirst ... 151551601641647648649650651652653654655661 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh yea I would totally be on board with that. I would ship for a mini with okoye, ororo, misty, and shuri. could you imagine how badass that book would be??
    Oh, hell, a mini like this, if done well, would be EPIC. I would be so amped for something like this. It would be Christmas and Kwanzaa.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    2930 degrees Fahrenheit.

Lightning regularly strikes sand and makes glass. It is called fulgurite. But they are typically hollow tubes that penetrate into the earth and have lightning-like shapes.

Love the specific/scientific info being shared here from you and BK. Pics are always appreciated when explaining stuff like this. Thanks.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh, hell, a mini like this, if done well, would be EPIC. I would be so amped for something like this. It would be Christmas and Kwanzaa.
    lolol it most certainly would be!

2930 degrees Fahrenheit.

Lightning regularly strikes sand and makes glass. It is called fulgurite. But they are typically hollow tubes that penetrate into the earth and have lightning-like shapes.

thanks yoga. have you read mauraders? how did you like it?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yeah, he must be. Also, I've noticed that writers/artists tend to act as if getting struck by lightning, especially to the power level that Ororo uses it isn't a life sentence. I mean, come on, how many people would survive a concentrated, high-powered lightning attack, even a mutant?
    Storm rarely strikes anyone with real lightning. Most of the time whenever you see her hit someone with lightning its bio-electric from her hands or tempered by her will from the sky.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I have read it. I found it to be boring. Storm's 5 seconds were perfunctory, but overall I find this book can't live up to its promise; which is political and economic intrigue. Depending on cheap thrills(Kitty needs to chill with this caviler maiming nonsense), even cheaper villains, and under-baked plots leaves me doubting Duggan's craft.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I have read it. I found it to be boring. Storm's 5 seconds were perfunctory, but overall I find this book can't live up to its promise; which is political and economic intrigue. Depending on cheap thrills(Kitty needs to chill with this caviler maiming nonsense), even cheaper villains, and under-baked plots leaves me doubting Duggan's craft.
    Agreed.

I'm trying hard to like this book. I like the cast but something seems off...and I can't put my finger on it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Storm rarely strikes anyone with real lightning. Most of the time whenever you see her hit someone with lightning its bio-electric from her hands or tempered by her will from the sky.
    I was unaware of that fact. Thank you.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

As I mentioned in the issue's thread, is that all for Storm? I guess.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

thanks for your thoughts beloved. it isnt working for me but it's better than gold. that's something right?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

thanks for your thoughts beloved. it isnt working for me but it's better than gold. that's something right?
    I actually do think its a good book; just not for Storm. It a book about the Hellfire Club and she's not a member of that

It doesn't take much to be better than Gold was.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I actually do think its a good book; just not for Storm. It a book about the Hellfire Club and she's not a member of that
    Even as a Hellfire Club book it fails. I want Game of Thrones meets The West Wing. This reads more like Real World/Road Rules meets The Apprentice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    As I mentioned in the issue's thread, is that all for Storm? I guess.
    I was totally expecting more from this issue. I thought we'd get an issue dedicated to her like Shaw received. I can't lie and say that I wasn't a bit disappointed, but I really did like her portrayal here.

IMO Duggan gives her the same story she has in both Black Panther and Fearless. In both those series she's recognized as the powerhouse of the group. That's something I really appreciate being referenced across all the titles she appears in.

Tbqh I don't expect the X-books to match the same energy Coates uses to write. I expect them to exceed and dwarf his efforts. There's no room for X-writers to play it safe with her considering everything that's been done with her as a supporting character in T'Challa's book.

I wasn’t going to get Marauders but couldn’t resist the Dauterman cover <3. The Storm moment was cool. Very precise control considering lightning can be 50K degrees hot so while he clearly got owned he still walked away. Overall story was OK. This continues to be a disappointment with respect to The severe lack of Storm so it’ll remain off the pull list. This was a 5.5/10

BP and X-Force - GOOD! I wish Storm was part of the X-Force cast. While he is killing/torturing the cast he writes the hell out of everyone lol.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Amused me...

US recognises Wakanda.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50849559