Page 652 of 662 FirstFirst ... 152552602642648649650651652653654655656 ... LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I actually do think its a good book; just not for Storm. It a book about the Hellfire Club and she's not a member of that
    yes I also agree it's not good tor storm. it would have been nice seeing her manipulate the currents to move the blockade made by the Brazilian navy. the best we got was a bilt of lightning all the while being reminded of how cool kitty is. the book , for me, is definitely gold lite.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It doesn't take much to be better than Gold was.
    indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I wasn’t going to get Marauders but couldn’t resist the Dauterman cover <3. The Storm moment was cool. Very precise control considering lightning can be 50K degrees hot so while he clearly got owned he still walked away. Overall story was OK. This continues to be a disappointment with respect to The severe lack of Storm so it’ll remain off the pull list. This was a 5.5/10

BP and X-Force - GOOD! I wish Storm was part of the X-Force cast. While he is killing/torturing the cast he writes the hell out of everyone lol.
    the cover was gorgeous. I just wished the interior story aligned to the majesty of dautermans art.

what did you like about BP and xforce?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Amused me...

US recognises Wakanda.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50849559
    LOL. Yes, that's funny.

X-Force is clearly the strongest of the DoX books. It would be cool to see a Punk/Outback/X-Treme/XSE Storm as a main figure in that book. She only had a minor presence in the Council meeting, but she did affirm the need to strike back at their enemies and essentially pressed the mandate for them forming an X-Force(of course Xavier and Jean were the main voices, but Ororo essentially tipped the scale). They do lean into grotesque body violence a bit much for my tastes, but that has always been a defining characteristic of the "X-Force" brand. There is still a tension and urgency that the other books lack.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

X-Force is clearly the strongest of the DoX books. It would be cool to see a Punk/Outback/X-Treme/XSE Storm as a main figure in that book. She only had a minor presence in the Council meeting, but she did affirm the need to strike back at their enemies and essentially pressed the mandate for them forming an X-Force(of course Xavier and Jean were the main voices, but Ororo essentially tipped the scale). They do lean into grotesque body violence a bit much for my tastes, but that has always been a defining characteristic of the "X-Force" brand. There is still a tension and urgency that the other books lack.
    seeing storm take such an aggressive tone made me proud. it definitely gave me a sense of outback/punk storm. but agreed xforce is my favorite. I'm enjoying excalibur too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I love X-force and the voice that Percy has for everyone. I was real skeptical about the concept before it launched but Im sold

I wish Marauders had more of what X-Force has. They both are about politics and international relations, but Marauders just doesn't feel grounded and real enough for what it is trying to be. I want to like Excalibur, but it isn't quite working for me, at least not very well. I love philosopher/magician Apocalypse as a concept, but they aren't leaning into it enough. He's from ancient Egypt and they have this whole UK theme; there are so many juicy angles to play there.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-19-2019 at 03:13 PM.

I wish Marauders had more of what X-Force has. They both are about politics and international relations, but Marauders just doesn't feel grounded and real enough for what it is trying to be. I want to like Excalibur, but it isn't quite working for me, at least not very well. I love philosopher/magician Apocalypse as a concept, but they aren't leaning into it enough. He's from ancient Egypt and they have this whole UK theme; there are so many juicy angles to play there.
    what about mauraders doesnt feel grounded?

how would you play more with apocalypse within excalibur.

what I do primarily like about the title thus far is that it does feel like a team book. mauraders still feels like a kitty solo that has a few supporting characters in tow.

For example in Marauders, the data pages 'written' by 'naval intelligence' never sounds like naval intelligence reports. Kate maiming people left and right isn't cool or fun. That's the main disconnect; it's not serious enough, a bit too ditzy. Especially when they're trying to be all GOT and have these conflicting parties jockeying for position.

With Apocalypse there's so much more to do. Actually informing his practices with ancient Egyptian magical principles would have been a nice start. Confronting the occult history between ancient Kemet and the British Isles would be another(Scotland is supposedly named for an Egyptian exile, Lady Scota, for example).

Surely Excalibur is more successful than Marauders at balancing the needs of all the cast[because there is almost no balance at all in Marauders]. That said, this might be the worst Gambit I've read in a while. I want to like Excalibur more, but it's just not clicking into gear for me, at least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the cover was gorgeous. I just wished the interior story aligned to the majesty of dautermans art. what did you like about BP and xforce?
    X-Force was simply delicious. Great art, action, interesting story, great characterization, great balance of team usage and a hell of a cliff-hangerish ending. Easily my favorite book for DoX thus far. Coates chemistry between Shuri and T'Challa was great. I am also liking the art and action, though I wish the action sequence gave T'Challa more polished fluidity in combat. I gave both an 8.5/10.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

For example in Marauders, the data pages 'written' by 'naval intelligence' never sounds like naval intelligence reports. Kate maiming people left and right isn't cool or fun. That's the main disconnect; it's not serious enough, a bit too ditzy. Especially when they're trying to be all GOT and have these conflicting parties jockeying for position.

With Apocalypse there's so much more to do. Actually informing his practices with ancient Egyptian magical principles would have been a nice start. Confronting the occult history between ancient Kemet and the British Isles would be another(Scotland is supposedly named for an Egyptian exile, Lady Scota, for example).

Surely Excalibur is more successful than Marauders at balancing the needs of all the cast[because there is almost no balance at all in Marauders]. That said, this might be the worst Gambit I've read in a while. I want to like Excalibur more, but it's just not clicking into gear for me, at least not yet.

you make great points. kitty does seem OOC and though I'm sure it is intentional it still does read authentic to her character. the fact that duggan described this issue as storm stealing the show doesnt make me confident in his writing of his character moving forward.

agreed with the point about apocalypse. the books ties all magic to Camelot but it would have been nice to see them infuse aspects of Egyptian mysticism into the story as well.

and again I 100% agree with your point about the lack of balance in mauraders. Duggan was boasted as being a writer who does well with team books but I havent been impressed as thos still reads like a kitty solo to me. and you tint like whiny, mopey gambit?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    X-Force was simply delicious. Great art, action, interesting story, great characterization, great balance of team usage and a hell of a cliff-hangerish ending. Easily my favorite book for DoX thus far. Coates chemistry between Shuri and T'Challa was great. I am also liking the art and action, though I wish the action sequence gave T'Challa more polished fluidity in combat. I gave both an 8.5/10.
    I'm aligned here boo. xforce keeps killing it. I was just hoping the other books primarily the one storm is in would be able to do the same..

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-13...n-of-all-time?

This article is from January of this year, but I don't remember it being posted here. Enjoy, or enjoy again if you've already read it!

So it is spoken! Storm is the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-13...n-of-all-time?

This article is from January of this year, but I don't remember it being posted here. Enjoy, or enjoy again if you've already read it!
    yes it was posted but it is never a problem to be reminded of her goat status. this is why I know once the xmen drops on the big screen ororo is going to take the world by storm

So it is spoken! Storm is the GOAT.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Via Reddit. Made me smile.
    Attachment 90552

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Via Reddit. Made me smile.
    Attachment 90552
    This is funny lol

In regards to Marauders, I skimmed thru the most recent issue but ended up not picking it up. As of right now, this title isn't doing it for me. I like the concept overall but the execution leaves something to be desired IMO. Also, the cast doesn't so it for me. I do like the art tho. The images/art is very vibrant.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!