Page 656 of 662 FirstFirst ... 156556606646652653654655656657658659660 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,840 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I love Ororo's quickchange feats, and of course it makes sense given she has subatomic level control over the elements. There really isn't much reason to say she can't do more complex objects beyond clothing, but I've always loved it(and yes, it began with Reed Richard's unstable molecules back in the day, but that X-Treme feat showed she's evolved since then).
    Right. It's a very unused but highly developed skill that nobody seems to notice when she does it.

Attachment 90581

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    "You were keeping the Blackbird shape-shifted into the long coat you wore over the your costume dress?"

Pretty soon she might shape-shift Krakoa into something wearable.
    While that would be interesting...she seems to have a limit on how much she can transform.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and she can just make fabric out of thin air? Why doesnt she create more objects by rearranging molecules around her? It doesnt even make sense within the logic that alot of her feats fall under
    I dont think she creates fabric out of thin air. as I understand she manipulates molecules within existing fabric to change her ensemble to either her uniform or civilian wear.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    This is shameful. I mean it's not bad....but with everything we have out there on Storm he couldn't find 10 facts about Storm?

This was much better. Pretty accurate My only 2 nitpicks, but one is kind of significant:

- The atomkinesis vs atmokinesis.....she needs to correct herself on.

- Plus...where is the mention of her proficiency in both armed and unarmed combat??? I feel like that is also an underutilized talent that should have been highlighted as a top 10.
    lololol shameful is the perfect description. I saw this list before blkgldblu made their post so the contrast between the two shows cbr could have tried much harder with their list lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    - Plus...where is the mention of her proficiency in both armed and unarmed combat??? I feel like that is also an underutilized talent that should have been highlighted as a top 10.
    From what I've seen in both comics and TAS, be it armed or unarmed, Ro is both skilled and dirty-pragmatic enough to take on any foe that is not a Nasu-verse Servant possessing Instinct and Eye of the Mind.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont think she creates fabric out of thin air. as I understand she manipulates molecules within existing fabric to change her ensemble to either her uniform or civilian wear.
    That is .. until you remember she was completely naked after she went swimming with gambit
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

I wonder WHEN we will see Storm use her Energy Sight to see peoples Nervous System and react to them IN BATTLE.

I'm waiting for this to be shown.....

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I wonder WHEN we will see Storm use her Energy Sight to see peoples Nervous System and react to them IN BATTLE.

I'm waiting for this to be shown.....

Storm has an amazing powerset, most of which are rarely used or perhaps even understood by writers. Strength, speed, invisibility, durability, telepathy, for example, are pretty straight-forward powers that most writers have no problem writing and showing. I do think, however, that powers that include more than a perfunctory understanding of science trips up some comic book writers. All of them will not take the time to do the necessary research so they can use a character like Storm to her fullest extent.

There was a storm story in X-men classics volume 2 that i never read before. It doesn't really show Storm in the best light but i truly love the story. Think it's one of my fave stories. The guy she ignores ends up being pretty strong and makes her choose who will die between logan and peter, she chooses logan to die and he is visible hurt. Feels like a defining moment issue for Storm.

Attachment 90592
    Attachment 90593
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Storm has an amazing powerset, most of which are rarely used or perhaps even understood by writers. Strength, speed, invisibility, durability, telepathy, for example, are pretty straight-forward powers that most writers have no problem writing and showing. I do think, however, that powers that include more than a perfunctory understanding of science trips up some comic book writers. All of them will not take the time to do the necessary research so they can use a character like Storm to her fullest extent.
    I've said this One to many times. Writers lack Imagination.

If you have Hulk and Thor and Ironman do all these BS random things. I don't see how it's hard for Storm.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I've said this One to many times. Writers lack Imagination.

If you have Hulk and Thor and Ironman do all these BS random things. I don't see how it's hard for Storm.

Some writers do lack imagination. Some may also lack certain knowledge for them to write certain powers well, or even, for brainy characters like T'Challa, Shuri, Stark, Reed, and Banner, their level of scientific and mathematical intellect. You mentioned people interested in knowing about Storm's powers doing research or watching a video. I make the same claim about writers.

I'm sure they do research, but perhaps not as much as they should to equally and adequately portray the characters they write beyond their favs.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    From what I've seen in both comics and TAS, be it armed or unarmed, Ro is both skilled and dirty-pragmatic enough to take on any foe that is not a Nasu-verse Servant possessing Instinct and Eye of the Mind.
    Haha I like that. I haven’t heard pragmatism framed this way but agreed. Even with her not leading this team I’d like to see this side of her come out in dialogue as the veteran leader that she is.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    That is .. until you remember she was completely naked after she went swimming with gambit
    well with that one I'm not quite so sure but didnt she have a layer of water around her before? maybe there was some manipulation of those atoms or elements around her body to create the clothing in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There was a storm story in X-men classics volume 2 that i never read before. It doesn't really show Storm in the best light but i truly love the story. Think it's one of my fave stories. The guy she ignores ends up being pretty strong and makes her choose who will die between logan and peter, she chooses logan to die and he is visible hurt. Feels like a defining moment issue for Storm.

Attachment 90592
    Attachment 90593
    This was a good read. I remember posting the story/pic here many years ago.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This was a good read. I remember posting the story/pic here many years ago.
    ugh that doesnt read like my gurl at all. reading it I thought it was mystique or when emma took over her body lol. I wouldn't see her doing something as pretentious as that. even if she didnt want to be bothered I see her being much more polite. glad that wasn't in the main uncanny storyline. completely missed it.

It is an odd story, though I will say that Ororo didn't throw a little stormcloud over the guy is even more surprising. That's how she usually dealt with unwanted attention from guys on the street. That story is interesting in that it was Jim Lee's first X-Men work.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!