Page 658 of 662 FirstFirst ... 158558608648654655656657658659660661662 LastLast
Results 9,856 to 9,870 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I mean, it wouldn't be hard to make up someone new for MCU Ororo, or just rejig Deluge, Candra, Shadow King, or Garrok into a more personal villain for her as a teenager. I think Ororo's goddess days would make for a great series(something like The Witcher, where she goes around to different villages helping them with some mundane things, some mystical things, etc), in comics, on Disney +, or approached in film format. It's a shame that period isn't explored more(or her maternal lineage), but as part of a sprawling ensemble, it is hard to do that. She really needs her own solo maxi series(or many, or a long run solo) for that.
    That could be cool. I really want her to have her own movie. Disney would be crazy not to do the first African American Female Solo Super Hero movie. Ororo: Enter the Storm. My soul is ready. A maxi is also very much needed. After so long away from the X-men off and on where i feel she never truly regained her deserved prominence and presence and with Disney now having the rights it would be a great time to reintroduce her as marvel's premiere heroine in a maxi that has her going around the entire mu.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Honestly, Storm displaying control over solar winds just issues before they have to endure a solar storm to get back to earth(cueing Jean's big sacrifise) is a narrative flaw. It is unfortunate they took away Ororo's feat to make Jean's story play out better, but I understand why it was done. Such a minor blip in the grand scheme of things isn't worth throwing away all of those stories though. You should try again.
    Oh, the issue was Storm didn't know how to pilot the ship. So Jean was the one who telepathically piloted the ship. Solar winds are not physical and could not have carried the ship.

After Jean became Phoenix Storm was shown controlling the solar winds on other cases and even battling heralds of Galactus.

People don't have to be so catty about their female heroes. One being powerful does not take away from another being powerful.

BANNED

Candra would be an awesome villain for Storm in a solo movie. So would the Shadow King. So would Selene. But Selene's on Krakoa so I guess she won't appear as a villain. So Candra or the Shadow King.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Attachment 90605

For those who celebrate, have a great Christmas.

The line about Oshtur interest in other realms, Space,and the sky part, seems to also represents Ororo herself in Nature, Power and Spirit even to her Ruby.

Also the Part about The Princess warrior being part of the Many ToW (Tribes of Wakanda) and separated.
    Dont know how i feel about that if its true.
    But I can see how very MCUish it could be.

I also liked that the first WR who didn't use magic was bestowed The Red Ruby, as Ororo has. As if to say you will not be denied your birthright.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Attachment 90605

It’s Merry Christmas!!!!

Lol some people get mad when you say that to them. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Oh, the issue was Storm didn't know how to pilot the ship. So Jean was the one who telepathically piloted the ship. Solar winds are not physical and could not have carried the ship.

After Jean became Phoenix Storm was shown controlling the solar winds on other cases and even battling heralds of Galactus.

People don't have to be so catty about their female heroes. One being powerful does not take away from another being powerful.
    I agree that Storm still controls the solar winds in the canon anyways, so it doesn't even matter. However, in terms of that actual issue, Jean could have telepathically given Ororo the flight training skills, and Ororo would have stood a better chance against the radiation of the solar flare, both in terms of actively shielding herself by diverting it, and in terms of passively being immune{from negative effects of the elements of nature}, and in terms of using the solar winds(which do have force(it is naturally very low in density, but they are fast moving particles), and Storm just flew on them and destroyed a Sentinel issues before, so...) to help pilot the ship in space(and it was an actual solar flare in the comics, not just the Phoenix Force like in TAS. In Classic X-Men Claremont goes further to show how the radiation was killing Jean, and in that moment she cried out for help and the Phoenix Force came to her, as her body was withering from the radiation, to make her a healing pod and take her place). So really, showing Ororo can manipulate the solar medium just before this shuttle ride is a narrative flaw(one TAS avoided by keeping Storm on earth instead of even going on the mission!).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Yeah, that's basically all the information we have smoothed together with a little creative license. That's the most complete version of her family's history I have yet seen in total. I love this series!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Attachment 90605

Seconded...Merry Christmas
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I loved it. It really showed another side of Storm that made her even more human to me. Who can say that when they are at a moment of peace after hectic times that they don't just want a little time to themselves. Or who can say they've noticed everyone reaching out to them for help when they were taking a moment to be selifish. IMO the only reason she recognized the other guy wasn't because he was handsome but i think anyone would have thought that given the situation, it was because he came to her "aid" when she was being harassed. I think for me it's a story that shows why Storm doesn't just ignore anyone in need of help because she learned this lesson. It makes it ever present in her mind. a true character moment for me. I miss these kinds of stories.
    Ororos response to the guy speaking to her was "who does he think he is" as if he was not worthy or beautiful enough to speak to her. had her thoughts conveyed annoyance in a different manner in think you would hsve a point. however, her thoughts as well as being glad the handsome man punched the man pestering her seemed very OOC to me.

but I do agree it would be nice to get more character moments. we got this more recently when charlamagne wrote storm interacting with the "racist" guy in New York. we also got character moments in fearless though her depiction seemed a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    70% of that video is repeated information. You can find that same information about Storm and her powers directly from the sources I’ve listed. That’s 100% accurate.

Your not making any sense. Those same people don’t need to never in their life read or touch a Wiki thread or visit ComicVine when the very same information about Storm is found on YouTube videos. And Youtubers making videos about Storm. Hence why I just said earlier 70% of that video is repeated information. To me your argument comes across that you do believe people are dumb and can’t research things in their own when they find that Topic intriguing or curious.

Anyway, I’m over it. I ain’t gots nothing else to say.

Just like I told Guilty Pleasure writers lack imagination. Guggenheim lacks imagination he literally just said it to you indirectly. To me it doesn’t matter if they know or don’t know how her powers work. The meat of the problem is writers don’t have imagination to test or play around with her powers or any other characters powers. If I’m a writer and I may not know how Dazzlers powers work, I’d play around with the idea of grabbing light from the sun or light reflecting off of things to use has her offense. Then as a writer do my research on said character to see if I’m right or wrong. It’s simple really. Imagination.

What Guggenheim did is openly admitting to not knowing how to write a character. That’s the best way to piss off a fandom.
    1. casual fans or casual movie goers are going around researching information about storm on comicvine or even in yt videos. when you compare the number of people who saw the last xmen movie to the number of views these yt videos have the numbers ade vastly different. simply put a few thousand people looking at this reoerics information as you call it does not translate to a vast majority of people knowing that she can do things beyond controlling the weather.

2. guggenheim doesnt lack imagination. this guy is the writer of flash series and as bad as gold was he wrote stories that were "creative". Moreover, just because he says he finds it hard to write her doing more than wind and lightning doesn't mean he isnt aware of the other things she has done in canon. we want back and forth about some if this and he said a lot of claremonts explanation of her power including her ability to perceive energy and manipulate it was a retcon. the guys knows the xmen history he just doesnt agrer with how she specifically was shown with regards to her abilities .

3. I do agree he admits to not knowing how to write a character but it idnt because he isnt creative or not researching the character. it's simply that he sees her powers differently as being limited to controlling weather.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Merry Christmas Storm fans! It has been a great year for the Hadari Yao!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ororos response to the guy speaking to her was "who does he think he is" as if he was not worthy or beautiful enough to speak to her. had her thoughts conveyed annoyance in a different manner in think you would hsve a point. however, her thoughts as well as being glad the handsome man punched the man pestering her seemed very OOC to me.

but I do agree it would be nice to get more character moments. we got this more recently when charlamagne wrote storm interacting with the "racist" guy in New York. we also got character moments in fearless though her depiction seemed a bit off.

1. casual fans or casual movie goers are going around researching information about storm on comicvine or even in yt videos. when you compare the number of people who saw the last xmen movie to the number of views these yt videos have the numbers ade vastly different. simply put a few thousand people looking at this reoerics information as you call it does not translate to a vast majority of people knowing that she can do things beyond controlling the weather.

2. guggenheim doesnt lack imagination. this guy is the writer of flash series and as bad as gold was he wrote stories that were "creative". Moreover, just because he says he finds it hard to write her doing more than wind and lightning doesn't mean he isnt aware of the other things she has done in canon. we want back and forth about some if this and he said a lot of claremonts explanation of her power including her ability to perceive energy and manipulate it was a retcon. the guys knows the xmen history he just doesnt agrer with how she specifically was shown with regards to her abilities .

3. I do agree he admits to not knowing how to write a character but it idnt because he isnt creative or not researching the character. it's simply that he sees her powers differently as being limited to controlling weather.
    1. Eh, it's whatever
    2.He does lack Imagination.