Page 76 of 662 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176576 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 9921

If Captain Marvel is the way Marvel/Disney is gonna do their female heroes...

spoilers:
    then I prefer Storm stay in a team movie.

Very disappointed with the movie.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-08-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

It was that bad? I probably will check it out this weekend or next week.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I haven't seen it yet, but real talk, Ororo is 10x the character that Carol is. Whatever the MCU managed to do with Captain Boring was most likely all one could hope for....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    It was that bad? I probably will check it out this weekend or next week.
    In my humble opinion, it was boring and perhaps my least favorite Marvel movie. Marvel can do so much better. To me, the best part had nothing to do with Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, but real talk, Ororo is 10x the character that Carol is. Whatever the MCU managed to do with Captain Boring was most likely all one could hope for....
    Damn, the shade is real and true.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-08-2019 at 05:26 PM.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Damn . Should I save my $$$?

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    Damn . Should I save my $$$?
    To me, you should only see it if you like Captain Marvel or you're into the whole Avengers back story.

Other then that, I really don't see a reason to see it again.

I would love to hear others opinion on the movie...maybe I'm being to hard on it.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-08-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Considering all MCU male lead movies have at least one scene of the hero's naked torso on full display, a nude shot of Ororo wouldn't be completely out of bounds(back shot of course, or very carefully orchestrated hair covering her chest). In the right context it would be a memorable scene and do a lot to hook the audience. I also like the idea of Ororo having a 'hair moment'. I've always imagined it would be a cute scene for Ororo and Jean to do together, to really sell their 'sisterly' relationship that the Fox movies never really even attempted beyond X2. If Ororo did have braided hair, and was used to handmaidens, it would be cute to have Jean help her and the two girls use both their powers to do it together. You could even have Ororo wash/rinse with rain, dry with wind, and use some electrical factor to 'straighten' her hair, as Jean undoes the braids telekinetically. Though truthfully, I'd just rather have Ororo have very long microlocs(with her widow's peak). That way you don't have to even approach the 'straight vs spiral' hair debate, but still get a long mane to flow in the wind. It's the best of both worlds.
    This is so Claremont.

I wish they'd give that all female Xbook a try again
    Storm leading badasses is something that has been missing for a while

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I watched Double Toasted’s review on the movie and they say the movie doesn’t develop Carol hence why she is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I watched Double Toasted’s review on the movie and they say the movie doesn’t develop Carol hence why she is boring.
    Other than Rogue stealing her powers and going Binary during the Brood Saga, Carol really hasn't had much character development in her entire history as a comic book character. Even after the last few years of Marvel really trying to make her 'happen', she's never really resonated as a main character. That is where Ororo has her beat in spades. The MCU was able to turn Cap, Iron Man, and Thor(all B-list at best comic characters pre-MCU) into fun, wildly popular characters onscreen, but there was a ton of straw to transform into gold there. Carol really doesn't even have much straw to work with. Ororo brings a ton more potential to the table, I am interested to see what the MCU would do with her in a solo film.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I wish they'd give that all female Xbook a try again
    Storm leading badasses is something that has been missing for a while
    Seconded! One of my dreams would be to have Greg Rucka write Ororo, or the X-Women, or what the hell just the X-Men in general. His first and only ongoing X-assignment (Wolverine) was nothing to write home about to be honest and was the height of the "decompression" style, but most of his other works are really excellent. On the strength of Rucka's Diana, Forever, Rowan, etc. I'd say he'd write a wonderful Ororo.

Other than Rogue stealing her powers and going Binary during the Brood Saga, Carol really hasn't had much character development in her entire history as a comic book character. Even after the last few years of Marvel really trying to make her 'happen', she's never really resonated as a main character. That is where Ororo has her beat in spades. The MCU was able to turn Cap, Iron Man, and Thor(all B-list at best comic characters pre-MCU) into fun, wildly popular characters onscreen, but there was a ton of straw to transform into gold there. Carol really doesn't even have much straw to work with. Ororo brings a ton more potential to the table, I am interested to see what the MCU would do with her in a solo film.
    True, true. Marvel could have made a movie about She-Thing and it might have been more exciting for me. Poor Carol.

It's got me worried that Marvel cant do good female movies and unlike Carol they have so much with Storm history to pull from.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-09-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Is what I was thinking, but in a less mean way lol.

There was that time she got kicked off the Avengers for being an alcoholic, but I doubt the movies will ever use that angle seeing as how they never went there with Tony Stark. Maybe Captain Marvel could serve as a gateway to the X-Men in someway when they arrive. I mean with her past with Logan and the Rogue stuff. Of all the X-Men, Storm, Wolverine and Rogue could potentially appear in another movie first before the X-Men arrive. Storm obviously with her Black Panther connections, Logan with his obvious connections to pretty much everybody(but mainly Hulk, Captain America, or Black Widow), and Rogue with Captain Marvel.

BANNED

Do you guys think CURRENT Storm is less or more merciful today as she was back in the days?????????
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-09-2019 at 02:49 PM.

BANNED

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Ummm Captain Marvel was pretty Good. It wasn't the BEST, but it was ok. I put it around the Ant-Man Movies. They are Good and enjoyable to watch.

Becuase I love me some Carol Manvers I gave it a 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ummm Captain Marvel was pretty Good. It wasn't the BEST, but it was ok. I put it around the Ant-Man Movies. They are Good and enjoyable to watch.

Becuase I love me some Carol Manvers I gave it a 8/10
    That's pretty high. At most I would say a 6. To me, the story was all over the place and I didn't get a feel for Carol at all.

Again, maybe I expected too much for something that features Marvel's "Premiere Female Hero" and leads into their biggest event. if they do a Storm movie, I need something better then this...