Page 77 of 662 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177577 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Do you guys think CURRENT Storm is less or more merciful today as she was back in the days?????????
    Storm is currently in a mind-controlled AU, busy knitting and washing. So....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default Top 5 Female Superheroes That Prove Captain Marvel Isn’t The Only Badass in Town

https://www.mandatory.com/culture/14...ptain-marvel#1

2. Storm

Storm's ability is to harness the actual weather. How a mutant ability could possibly do that is another story, but someone who can hit you with a tornado or a bolt of lightning is basically impossible to beat.

Only a matter of time until we have a Storm solo film.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    To me, you should only see it if you like Captain Marvel or you're into the whole Avengers back story.

Other then that, I really don't see a reason to see it again.

I would love to hear others opinion on the movie...maybe I'm being to hard on it.
    At least you SAW it. SO I would trust your opinion WAYYYYYYY more than some of these others on youtube who are attacking the film as come weapon of feminism & sjw crap.

It's got me worried that Marvel cant do good female movies and unlike Carol they have so much with Storm history to pull from.
    Well I think they can but as long as trolls think Marvel female Marvel movies are attacks on MEN and scream they should be pandered to since they are the so-called main movie watchers. All female films will get attacked.
    I don't see a Storm film every being made or any black female lead film from Marvel or DC.

For all the cries of Monica-how many of those folks would put their MONEY where their mouth is? The same folks who screamed crowd fund books would kill Marvel. The same crowd who screamed DC did diversity better. The same crowd that scream Black Panther would flop and have Marvel sold to Fox. The same group who said Cap Marvel would flop but the film has made $188 million world wide.

Where are all those folks?

Storm may have more to offer but as we have seen with others-when it comes time to PUT out the MONEY. We see the greatest gymnastic routines to NOT support.
    A Storm movie gets greenlighted all those trolls will see is a BLACK WOMAN not the X-Woman who LEAD the team. Not the woman who has more appearances in Marvel than anyone. Not a woman who has had an OSCAR winner play her. Not a woman who in all REALITY with her powers could RULE the world. If she wanted to.

I think the only way you could get a Storm lead project is if you go the educational route.

Storm could do African folktales and somehow relate them to her powers. Like Yansan the wind goddess from Africa gave Storm the power to fly on the winds.

Heck I just came up with a Storm mini series for the Disney app. Storm loses her powers and goes to African to get them back. A quest where she meets all the African gods and goddess.
    And if someone or someones from Wakanda should show up..... No not HIM but the other two.

Make it animated like Spiderverse and use different art styles. Spiderverse only cost $70 million. Storm could hit break even at least if she was animated.

Hope this isn't getting too off topic but even though I haven't seen it yet I feel like a origins story is hard to pull off. I honestly dont care much for the first Iron man, Doctor Strange and Cap especially movies, they should go the BP and Spiderman route and let her make an appearance first to let the hype start. Those 2 where the only "origins" movies I've enjoyed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Hope this isn't getting too off topic but even though I haven't seen it yet I feel like a origins story is hard to pull off. I honestly dont care much for the first Iron man, Doctor Strange and Cap especially movies, they should go the BP and Spiderman route and let her make an appearance first to let the hype start. Those 2 where the only "origins" movies I've enjoyed.
    EXACTLY. They should introduce her in Infinity that way people can say “Oh hey they girl looks cool, what?? Her movie is coming out I have to see it” just throwing her name up people are a bit less inclined to care about who she really is and what she can do. Her Hype was juiced up so much that when I PERSONALLY saw it. It was more of a let down. It wasn’t GREAT but it wasn’t Bad. It was a good movie and I enjoyed it, but it never “Wow’ed” me. But obviously it doesn’t matter the WOMAN sold gangbusters in the movies clearly people liked it.

I rank it near the An-Man movies and to me they were a solid 7.5 to me

EXACTLY. They should introduce her in Infinity that way people can say “Oh hey they girl looks cool, what?? Her movie is coming out I have to see it” just throwing her name up people are a bit less inclined to care about who she really is and what she can do. Her Hype was juiced up so much that when I PERSONALLY saw it. It was more of a let down. It wasn’t GREAT but it wasn’t Bad. It was a good movie and I enjoyed it, but it never “Wow’ed” me. But obviously it doesn’t matter the WOMAN sold gangbusters in the movies clearly people liked it.

I rank it near the An-Man movies and to me they were a solid 7.5 to me
    You said introduce her in Infinity but did you mean Endgame? Because I feel like it’s far beyond too late for that at this point. Maybe BP2 if we’re lucky.

Naomie Harris would be my current choice for Storm. She’s beautiful......if you would have asked me in the 90’s, it would have been Angela Bassett. If Naomi Campbell could act, I would have said her too.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    You said introduce her in Infinity but did you mean Endgame? Because I feel like it’s far beyond too late for that at this point. Maybe BP2 if we’re lucky.
    No, I actually meant Infinity. That way people already have a taste of what she can do and leave the public asking “who was that”. It’s too late for Endgame since the movie is literally next month. And they placed her movie before Endgame. But that could work too.

No, I actually meant Infinity. That way people already have a taste of what she can do and leave the public asking “who was that”. It’s too late for Endgame since the movie is literally next month. And they placed her movie before Endgame. But that could work too.
    Oh my bad lol I thought you were referring to a hypothetical Storm solo vs appearance. In Danvers’ case I do agree actually, a little teaser would’ve pre-peaked people’s interests and set the stage for her solo without having the audience go in cold.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Default Top 20 Xmen of the Modern Era: #2 Storm

The X-Men have entered yet another era. Whether if it’s because of Disney’s acquisition of 21st Century Fox or Marvel Comics’ new leadership has decided to make a change- the X-Men seem poised to reclaim their dominance over the publisher’s sales charts. However, during the last few years, new readers have only been exposed to a handful of characters across two or three books. There’s never been any shortage of X-Men and with the new crop of books on the horizon, that’s going to become more evident. With that, let’s give some attention to the best of the best. To determine the standouts, we are using what I like to refer to as the “Pratt Scale.” We took the following into account:

Lore – This quantifies a character’s backstory and the amount of development it has received since their debut. Having one or more solo on-goings or mini-series as well as an established rogue’s gallery separate from the greater X-Men mythos.

Longevity – This took into account how long the character has been in circulation. What they’ve accomplished and/or what they’ve been involved in as an X-Man.

Appeal – How popular a character is both among readers and greater pop-culture. Characters that have been featured in 90’s X-Men animated series, various games, and the movie franchises.

Character Design – We look heavily into the character’s appearance, powers, and overall creation. How recognizable are they to the general public at a glance?

Usage – The rate in which they are utilized on a monthly basis. Characters that are part of one or more monthly books will benefit from this the most. Basically, how often can you find the character out in the wild.

To be considered for the list, a character has to have been part of at least one ongoing during the last year. We’ll be excluding Professor-X, seeing as he’s technically dead. Here are the numbers 20-1 of Top 20 X-Men of today!

Number 2: Storm

1st Appearance: Giant-Size X-Men #1 (1975)

Powers

Storm can psionically manipulate the weather for a large assortment of effects including the creation and halting of hurricanes and other systems. She can form tornadoes, projecting powerful gusts of wind, and summon all types of precipitation. She can call down lightning and harmlessly conduct electricity through her body. Storm is also capable of self-regulating her temperature which allows her to withstand extreme temperature changes, both hot and freezing.

Biggest Story

In 2006, after the events of Decimation, Storm would marry the king of Wakanda, T’Challa. The ill-timed move would later be criticized by the likes of Cyclops who thought she should have focused her attention upon what was left of the mutant race. The marriage would only last up until the Avengers Vs. X-Men crossover. Not long after that, their union was annulled by the Black Panther himself. However, the two would remain close and Storm could still be seen from time to time visiting Wakanda.

Outside of the Roma resurrection, Storm has avoided death and thus managed to stay active throughout the X-Men franchise. She’s often tapped to function as the leader of a team, but also appeared in other books throughout the line, including her own solo.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...odern-era-5-1/

For Ororo to be recognized as such a prominent figure by so many different people and entities you wouldnt recognize based up on her usage in the fox movies. Hopefully with the success of Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman, Ororo will be the first black female superhero to get a solo movie. It would be huge!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-11-2019 at 10:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Oh my bad lol I thought you were referring to a hypothetical Storm solo vs appearance. In Danvers’ case I do agree actually, a little teaser would’ve pre-peaked people’s interests and set the stage for her solo without having the audience go in cold.
    Oh!!! That’s what you meant LOL my bad I had no idea what you were talking about. Ok yeah your idea can work to in regards to a Storm solo.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    For Ororo to be recognized as such a prominent figure by so many different people and entities you wouldnt recognize based up on her usage in the fox movies. Hopefully with the success of Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman, Ororo will be the first black female superhero to get a solo movie. It would be huge!!!
    Thats great for her but I would never put her that high on this list bc the modern era has been horrible for Storm. She's had such a decline in the books since Claremont left around 2006 and she's had very little exposure outside the books (and most of which was bad...Fox films).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats great for her but I would never put her that high on this list bc the modern era has been horrible for Storm. She's had such a decline in the books since Claremont left around 2006 and she's had very little exposure outside the books (and most of which was bad...Fox films).
    they were looking at a host of things such lore, longevity, appeal, character design, and usage. I think one could make an argument for her being that high such i think they adequately did.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they were looking at a host of things such lore, longevity, appeal, character design, and usage. I think one could make an argument for her being that high such i think they adequately did.
    I get that but not enough to place that high on a list about modern X-men. Characters like Kitty, Kurt, Cyclops and Beast would be higher IMO.