Page 78 of 662 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178578 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I get that but not enough to place that high on a list about modern X-men. Characters like Kitty, Kurt, Cyclops and Beast would be higher IMO.

Ororo has been featured in more video games than either of those characters, has never been killed for any extended period of time (you can say the same for those characters with the exception of kitty and beast), has been featured in every major xmen cartoon and even in some non-men cartoons (none of those characters you mentioned have), had/has a theme park ride dedicated to her (none of those characters have), and within the comic world has ties to multiple teams including fantastic four and the avengers. Again, when considering all the categories they mentioned I think I sound case can be made as to why she would be number 2.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ororo has been featured in more video games than either of those characters, has never been killed for any extended period of time (you can say the same for those characters with the exception of kitty and beast), has been featured in every major xmen cartoon and even in some non-men cartoons (none of those characters you mentioned have), had/has a theme park ride dedicated to her (none of those characters have), and within the comic world has ties to multiple teams including fantastic four and the avengers. Again, when considering all the categories they mentioned I think I sound case can be made as to why she would be number 2.
    Yeah but those charcters have alot of that too. The thing that I keep going back to is modern and thats done more damage to Storm in most avenues, whereas those characters have relatively flourished. To have Storm #2 based on that criteria is to ignore the past 15 years aka the modern era, and at that point you are just making a list of best X-men ever

Yeah but those charcters have alot of that too. The thing that I keep going back to is modern and thats done more damage to Storm in most avenues, whereas those characters have relatively flourished. To have Storm #2 based on that criteria is to ignore the past 15 years aka the modern era, and at that point you are just making a list of best X-men ever
    1. Cyclops, Beast, Kitty, nor Nightcrawler have appeared in more cartoons (xmen/non-xmen related) than Ororo.

2. None of the characters have their own theme park ride or ever had one.

3. None of those characters have appeared in nearly as many video games that she has.

4. None of those characters can boast beating one of DC comics most iconic characters in a fan voted crossover event.

I understand within the comics she has not been represented in the most favorable fashion; however, she has still been present. Even with how poorly she was written under Aaron, Bendis, Fraction, and Guggenheim she was still present. But putting this aside the part I think you may be overlooking is that they are not just looking to what has happened to the character within the comic book (they even mention to the be considered for this list they had to be active this year but they assessed things such as their appeal which goes beyond just the comics and their presence within pop culture). When they said modern they are looking at xmen that are still active or are active this year but they are looking at the whole of those active characters since being created. That was one reason why professor x was excluded from the list.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

1. Cyclops, Beast, Kitty, nor Nightcrawler have appeared in more cartoons (xmen/non-xmen related) than Ororo.

3. None of those characters have appeared in nearly as many video games that she has.

4. None of those characters can boast beating one of DC comics most iconic characters in a fan voted crossover event.

I understand within the comics she has not been represented in the most favorable fashion; however, she has still been present. Even with how poorly she was written under Aaron, Bendis, Fraction, and Guggenheim she was still present. But putting this aside the part I think you may be overlooking is that they are not just looking to what has happened to the character within the comic book (they even mention to the be considered for this list they had to be active this year but they assessed things such as their appeal which goes beyond just the comics and their presence within pop culture). When they said modern they are looking at xmen that are still active or are active this year but they are looking at the whole of those active characters since being created. That was one reason why professor x was excluded from the list.
    Yet they have Cable at #5 but he doesnt nearly have the longevity or exposure across games, films, and cartoons as others lower on the list. He does however have more presence and arguably relevance in the modern era which is why I can see him that high

Yet they have Cable at #5 but he doesnt nearly have the longevity or exposure across games, films, and cartoons as others lower on the list. He does however have more presence and arguably relevance in the modern era which is why I can see him that high
    I didnt read why they chose him. he appeared in dead pools popular movie, has had numerous solos, lead a few teams, etc. and even again with how botched proto has been represented she has been present in the xbooks leading multiple teams, headmistress, and dont forget the movies, cartoons, and games (including mobile apps) she has been included in. they arent isolating the discussion to only presence within the books or treatment within the books in the past 15 or so years. they are looking at their impact from their creation until now. you cant negate her impact simply based on the comics handling of her.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That's pretty high. At most I would say a 6. To me, the story was all over the place and I didn't get a feel for Carol at all.

Again, maybe I expected too much for something that features Marvel's "Premiere Female Hero" and leads into their biggest event. if they do a Storm movie, I need something better then this...
    I think you set the expectations pretty high. But personally, I don't get how she's the premiere female hero for Marvel because I don't think the GP knows about her until the movie was made. X-Women, Black Widow, Sue Storm, She-Hulk, hell, even Scarlet Witch, etc. has more cred than her. People that I talked about her that don't read comics are not even aware she's the source of Rogue's strength and flight powers. I don't know, I feel like her presence in the comics is not that much or at least commands attention.

People knows who Wonder Woman is before the movie because of past media exposure. No other woman one can compare to her in DC in terms of iconography, presence and credibility. There's a lot of female characters that can challenge CM, and half of that are X-Women.

I'm just happy the movie did well to put incels in their place.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 03-12-2019 at 02:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I think you set the expectations pretty high. But personally, I don't get how she's the premiere female hero for Marvel because I don't think the GP knows about her until the movie was made. X-Women, Black Widow, Sue Storm, She-Hulk, hell, even Scarlet Witch, etc. has more cred than her. People that I talked about her that don't read comics are not even aware she's the source of Rogue's strength and flight powers. I don't know, I feel like her presence in the comics is not that much or at least commands attention.

People knows who Wonder Woman is before the movie because of past media exposure. No other woman one can compare to her in DC in terms of iconography, presence and credibility. There's a lot of female characters that can challenge CM, and half of that are X-Women.

I'm just happy the movie did well to put incels in their place.
    That's the sad part. Marvel WANTS a Wonder Woman, but you can't have that. Even if Carol is the equivalent to Diana she will never mount to her. Carols presence in comics does not demand a presence when she walks into the round she just another joe shmo, a friend, a buddy, a partner etc. But other ladies they command it. But we shall see what Marvel is doing becuase this girl has so many Number 1's in solo comics I feel like they are really trying and its just not working.

Well, in the past 15 years, Storm was involved in the "Wedding of the Century"(it was even talked about on my local news at the time). The 1st one I mean(Black Panther), not the 2nd... how can there be 2 tho Anyway, Storm has always been the #2 X-Man in terms of cultural impact behind Wolverine. Those 2 are by far the most popular and impactful X-Men. I remember Stan Lee himself even stated you don't do an X-Men anything without Storm or Wolverine as far as media representation.

She'll soon be free from the terrible clutches of Fox!

Disney Sets March 20 Closing Date for 21st Century Fox Acquisition

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Well, in the past 15 years, Storm was involved in the "Wedding of the Century"(it was even talked about on my local news at the time). The 1st one I mean(Black Panther), not the 2nd... how can there be 2 tho Anyway, Storm has always been the #2 X-Man in terms of cultural impact behind Wolverine. Those 2 are by far the most popular and impactful X-Men. I remember Stan Lee himself even stated you don't do an X-Men anything without Storm or Wolverine as far as media representation.
    Too Bad, her solo's doesn't mirror her media popularity. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She'll soon be free from the terrible clutches of Fox!

Disney Sets March 20 Closing Date for 21st Century Fox Acquisition

The sooner this occurs the faster we can all move on from the Faux-men films.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Too Bad, her solo's doesn't mirror her media popularity. -_-
    That statement goes for a lot of characters. Comics just aren't as big as they used to be.

so word on the street is ororo is soon to become a venom. not sure if it 616 or not. frankly I dont like venom but I guess we will see. stay tuned .

so word on the street is ororo is soon to become a venom. not sure if it 616 or not. frankly I dont like venom but I guess we will see. stay tuned .
    Wait what would that mean? Where did this come from?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    That statement goes for a lot of characters. Comics just aren't as big as they used to be.
    I guess ya right.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Wait what would that mean? Where did this come from?
    Storm already became a Venom. In that Venom Event Crossover with X-Men Blue we see Venom Mowhawk Storm.

Attachment 79597