Page 8 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That depends. Because most Heroes and Villians on Superman Level Can Blitz Storm before she even tries to pull up a Defense.
    well as you are aware we seen some writers demonstrate her battle speed as pretty fast. let's not forget her moving fast enough to block lightning that was about to strike malice down.

she has the speed feats and reaction time to be able to go against someone who can blitz.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-04-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ororo and Carol are friends:

14. Storm

Captain Marvel became close friends with the X-Men and while not a team member, she worked with them as an ally. This all started after Rogue stole all her powers and memories and left her defeated. Professor X helped her regain most of her memories and she had new allies in her life at a time when she needed them the most.

It was a love-hate relationship as she was there to fight them later when trying to stop the Phoenix Force and again when the Avengers and X-Men battled. However, she always remained close with Storm. During Civil War II, Storm was on Carol's side against Iron Man, even when her ex-husband, the Black Panther, walked away knowing what they were doing was wrong.

https://screenrant.com/captain-marve...ose-to-trivia/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Pretty Much. IF we want Storm to fight people on Superman level she needs a boost in Durability
    I would love for Marvel to push Storm's durability and strength to 80's She-Hulk's level.

Storm's haters would probably die...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well as you are aware we seen some writers demonstrate her battle speed as pretty fast. let's not forget her moving fast enough to block lightning that was about to strike malice down.

she has the speed feats and reaction time to be able to go against someone who can blitz.
    Just because she was fast enough to Block Lightning doesn't make her fast enough to Block People who can fly faster than Lightning and Blitz her before she could think. She is still at a disadvantage against Superman level threats.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would love for Marvel to push Storm's durability and strength to 80's She-Hulk's level.

Yup. She would now be a problem for more heavy Hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

omg lolol though this would be hilarious I dont think they would go any crazier than they did when it was announced she was a real goddess lol.

Just because she was fast enough to Block Lightning doesn't make her fast enough to Block People who can fly faster than Lightning and Blitz her before she could think. She is still at a disadvantage against Superman level threats.

Yup. She would now be a problem for more heavy Hitters.
    storm has moved fast enough to avoid a cave in by breaking the sound barrier. my point is that if a writer wanted to show her moving at such speeds capable of rivaling superman level threats there are speed feats she has to suggest she could move just as fast or at least react fast enough to project a shield to prevent being hurt by their assault. she wouldnt need to change anything about her durability if this approach was taken.

BANNED

storm has moved fast enough to avoid a cave in by breaking the sound barrier. my point is that if a writer wanted to show her moving at such speeds capable of rivaling superman level threats there are speed feats she has to suggest she could move just as fast or at least react fast enough to project a shield to prevent being hurt by their assault. she wouldnt need to change anything about her durability if this approach was taken.
    Um Kyss I don't think your grasping the Major disadvantagte she has against Superman level threats.
    Let me name them:
    Superman
    WonderWoman
    Nova
    Silver Surfer
    Hyperion
    Blue Marvel
    Sentry
    Cyborg Superman
    Eradicator
    Martian Manhunter
    Shazam
    Black Adam
    Super-Girl
    Power Girl
    Quasar
    Anti-Man
    I can keep going.........

These people would blitz Storm before she gets a chance do anything. Storm has DECENT reaction speed and Flight speed, but none of her feats amounts to any of these people I have listed that are on Superman's level that would eat Storm alive on their worst day. To be honest I wouldn't even argue that Storm has a chance due to the fact Storm actually has equal inconsistent feats as she does consistent feats. If a writer sets Storm up in fighting these people there needs to be a form of equal footing without PIS against these Superman levels because truth be told any of these people if they were serious would Blitz her before she thought about dropping a Tornado.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-04-2019 at 01:30 PM.

BANNED

Storm can not out fly any of these people(Maybe Wonder Woman and Super Girl and Power Girl...maybe) and her Reaction speed is not on par with any of these people. Many of them can react at Light Speed(Depending on Version of their character).

In order for Storm to be able to face Superman level threats she NEEDS a boost in durability maybe even reaction and flight.

Um Kyss I don't think your grasping the Major disadvantagte she has against Superman level threats.
    Let me name them:
    Superman
    WonderWoman
    Nova
    Silver Surfer
    Hyperion
    Blue Marvel
    Sentry
    Cyborg Superman
    Eradicator
    Martian Manhunter
    Shazam
    Black Adam
    Super-Girl
    Power Girl
    Quasar
    Anti-Man
    I can keep going.........

These people would blitz Storm before she gets a chance do anything. Storm has DECENT reaction speed and Flight speed, but none of her feats amounts to any of these people I have listed that are on Superman's level that would eat Storm alive on their worst day. To be honest I wouldn't even argue that Storm has a chance due to the fact Storm actually has equal inconsistent feats as she does consistent feats. If a writer sets Storm up in fighting these people there needs to be a form of equal footing without PIS against these Superman levels because truth be told any of these people if they were serious would Blitz her before she thought about dropping a Tornado.
    her powers have always been described as operating at speeds before her opponents can react. always. if she is faced with a speedster and she has the ability to use shields or even create a skin tight barrier that acts as a shield before they can blitz her I dont think durability would be an issue. this type of defense is what allows magneto for instance to go up against similar characters that you listed. so if these things work for them why not ororo?.

Storm can not out fly any of these people(Maybe Wonder Woman and Super Girl and Power Girl...maybe) and her Reaction speed is not on par with any of these people. Many of them can react at Light Speed(Depending on Version of their character).

In order for Storm to be able to face Superman level threats she NEEDS a boost in durability maybe even reaction and flight.
    again what I'm saying is not about her needing to fly faster. it is about her being able to use her powers before her assailant can react. add to this her reaction speed and blitz feats of her own and one could argue that she wouldnt necessarily need a bump in durability. do you think magneto could fight some of those characters you listed? if so storm should be able to as well.

BANNED

her powers have always been described as operating at speeds before her opponents can react. always. if she is faced with a speedster and she has the ability to use shields or even create a skin tight barrier that acts as a shield before they can blitz her I dont think durability would be an issue. this type of defense is what allows magneto for instance to go up against similar characters that you listed. so if these things work for them why not ororo?.
    That doesn't make her Light Speed Kyss. Most of those people could punch her at the speed of light. Storms powers do not operate at such speeds. Storm doesn't do well with Speedsters. The last time she fought a speedster she was blitzed. People like Flash, Zoom, Quicksilver, etc would Blitz her at Light Speed IF they felt like. The only way Storm can combat a speedster is if they are holding back. Classic Flash Vs Weather Wizard Flash holds back every time they fight knowing fully well he could blitz weather wizard at the speed of light. Storm has no chance. Her durability is a BIG issue. Magneto was blitz by his own son at Mach 5. Magneto has been blitz by Rogue once before.

again what I'm saying is not about her needing to fly faster. it is about her being able to use her powers before her assailant can react. add to this her reaction speed and blitz feats of her own and one could argue that she wouldnt necessarily need a bump in durability. do you think magneto could fight some of those characters you listed? if so storm should be able to as well.
    Again Storms powers have never been fast enough to activate faster than the speed of light......these people listed can move, react, fight, fly at the speed of light. They would punch her before storm stops them with a lightning bolt or gust of wind. Hell they would probably fly behind her before she shoots a gust of wind at them. It is very nessesary that she needs a boost in stats to combat a guy like superman and people of his caliber.

That doesn't make her Light Speed Kyss. Most of those people could punch her at the speed of light. Storms powers do not operate at such speeds. Storm doesn't do well with Speedsters. The last time she fought a speedster she was blitzed. People like Flash, Zoom, Quicksilver, etc would Blitz her at Light Speed IF they felt like. The only way Storm can combat a speedster is if they are holding back. Classic Flash Vs Weather Wizard Flash holds back every time they fight knowing fully well he could blitz weather wizard at the speed of light. Storm has no chance. Her durability is a BIG issue. Magneto was blitz by his own son at Mach 5. Magneto has been blitz by Rogue once before.

Again Storms powers have never been fast enough to activate faster than the speed of light......these people listed can move, react, fight, fly at the speed of light. They would punch her before storm stops them with a lightning bolt or gust of wind. Hell they would probably fly behind her before she shoots a gust of wind at them. It is very nessesary that she needs a boost in stats to combat a guy like superman and people of his caliber.
    no you're absolutely correct storm isnt light speed. I'm saying if her powers operate so fast before those characters can react then she would stand a chance without a change of her durability, if even a small one. it seems aside from durability her speed stats would also need to be enhanced as well. so if you are saying a character like magneto wouldnt be able to stand a chance against superman then I dont disagree with your points.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-04-2019 at 02:55 PM.

so we may get an xmen movie in the works as soon as the first 6 months of 2019. how are you guys hoping to see ororo introduced? for me if marvel get the writes as soon as projected im hoping storm is introduced in black panther #2 in a small but meaningful cameo. I would love for their to be some sort of weather disturbance affecting areas near wakanda originitaing from kenya. tchalla thinking that it is the avenger thor goes to investigate only to find a ebony weather goddess as the culprit behind the storm.

ahhh I'm so excited we finally will hopefully get a badass storm.

Offtopic asf but Malice looks like that crackhead from the show The PJ's. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Offtopic asf but Malice looks like that crackhead from the show The PJ's. lol
    lmfao oh no... that's horrible.

unfortunately miss malice was dying which resulted in that less than attractive look.

BANNED

no you're absolutely correct storm isnt light speed. I'm saying if her powers operate so fast before those characters can react then she would stand a chance without a change of her durability, if even a small one. it seems aside from durability her speed stats would also need to be enhanced as well. so if you are saying a character like magneto wouldnt be able to stand a chance against superman then I dont disagree with your points.
    That's the problem. They can react faster than Storm powers can activate. Storm's best way to counter such attack is her actively reading peoples nervous system BEFORE they react.
    If Storm does this in battle then i'd be inclinded to agree with what your saying. But since we have never seen Storm actually read peoples Nervous system during battle. She needs a Boost in stats.

so we may get an xmen movie in the works as soon as the first 6 months of 2019. how are you guys hoping to see ororo introduced? for me if marvel get the writes as soon as projected im hoping storm is introduced in black panther #2 in a small but meaningful cameo. I would love for their to be some sort of weather disturbance affecting areas near wakanda originitaing from kenya. tchalla thinking that it is the avenger thor goes to investigate only to find a ebony weather goddess as the culprit behind the storm.

ahhh I'm so excited we finally will hopefully get a badass storm.
    How do we know this is for sure they will start within 6 months??? Putting her in Black Panther would be a VERY smart Idea.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-04-2019 at 03:54 PM.