Page 81 of 662 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181581 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 9921

Kymera didnt show up in Iceman's book today. I dont even recall Storm there and if she was, it was as a background character

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kymera didnt show up in Iceman's book today. I dont even recall Storm there and if she was, it was as a background character
    I think that was Bait to be honest.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I thought I saw her in one scene with a head scarf on at Bobby's party but other than that nothing. it was an you mentioned a while back a iceman one shot masked an a team book meant to show just how queer he will one day be. but the other future characters were no where to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I think that was Bait to be honest.
    it was bait but we all knew what it was from the jump.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That was a big let down for me, I thought they were actually gonna have a moment but she was literally in 1 panel in the background, and Storm was in 2. Really wish they wouldnt put these characters on the cover just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lmfao gooddl piliinrfair enough. i wonder what will get her to snap back into the real world. also was it retconned that spoilers:
    quicksilver and scarlet witch are his kids again?
    end of spoilers
    Well I'm glad it's back to normal. At least in the X-Verse where God pays attention...lol
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-13-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Attachment 79610

Jen Bartel's full Storm. I like that this is a synthesis of her punk and goddess aesthetics, particularly the studded cape!
    This is cool. I like the way Jen draws Storm's hair and she does a great job with capturing Storm's fierceness and her regality.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It was just Iceman, Jean, Kitty, Northstar, Bishop and Pyro today. Colossus, Chamber and X-23 were in the future.

Boo.
    "Cable was right!"

http://instinctmagazine.com/post/whi...their-own-film

#GIRLPOWER! Have you seen the latest Marvel Cinematic Universe's (MCU) latest record breaking film, Captain Marvel? If you're a fan of any superhero films, you already know there are very far and few between female led superhero films that have exceeded expectations and won over audiences. During my youth, I was disappointed to see Halle Berry fail in Catwoman and Jennifer Gardner's Elektra was so lack luster. Through the years, we've seen bad ass female superheroes throughout the MCU. While we can look forward to female led films Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), X-Men's all powerful character, Dark Phoenix (Sophie Turner), and an animated television series The Vision and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), we can currently marvel (get it?!) to Brie Larson as the MCU's reigning leading lady. Yes, Captain Marvel is on the tip of everyone's tongues and we're flipping the bills to see it. I got my superhero fix this weekend after seeing the film and was in awe by the incredible effects, power of friendship, and witnessing how much we do need her as our hero. We can anticipate to see Captain Marvel's return in Avengers: Endgame this May, but can we please talk about the other female superheroes who obviously deserve their own MCU movie?! Check out my picks below:

Obviously, Storm checks off a lot of boxes audiences want to see. She's a woman of color who is one of the most powerful X-Men in comic book lore. She can control weather and atmosphere, so we would have arguably one of the most visibly stunning films. With the ultimate dominating success of Black Panther, we could even get introduced to more African culture and even get a tie in with T'Challa (Chadwick Boseman) himself. If Storm is not at the top of everyone's list for her own film, I'd be a little baffled.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Are you talking about her sometimes immunity/shocked by eletrical attacks?
    I can't remember the issue, but she was in this ship that was having trouble. Someone asked her to control the flow of electricity, and someone said that's not how her powers worked. And then there was another story where she shut down the power of I think it was a Shi'Ar ship or something?

So those were really confusing since those 2 alone contradict each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I can't remember the issue, but she was in this ship that was having trouble. Someone asked her to control the flow of electricity, and someone said that's not how her powers worked. And then there was another story where she shut down the power of I think it was a Shi'Ar ship or something?

I remember that. I forgot the Issue, but that was the ALL female X-Men team that Abigail Brand was apart off. They were in space honestly don't get to hold up on her immunity to weather patterns and etc. There are a lot more other examples that show Storms huge resistance to such things that it makes the examples of her being hurt by something.....MOOT.

I think there was also another issue during Hudlin's BP run in which Storm shut down the power to a Skrull ship.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I'm not sure but are referring to this instance where she said she that's not how her powers worked:

or this one:

The instance where you mentioned shut down the ship I'm sure you are referring to this:

If you are referring to the first scan and it being contradictory it's an easy explanation. A lot of writers simply dont understand how her powers work. This writer in particular told me Claremont retconned her having the ability to see energy and manipulate it. This isnt true as she was able to track the vindicator energy trail early on on Uncanny. Bottom line: inconsistencies in this regard are due to writers lack of knowledge on the characters.

If you are referring to the second image I would argue ororos understanding of her power and its usage has grown hence why she wasnt able to do it then but later was shown able to do so. Bottom line here is her awareness has expanded resulting in her being able to execute feats she once couldnt or needed assistance to perform (see her synapses feat against hulk with cable vs. when she fought sinister alone).

Hey Guys!!

Storm made it to the next round. Please show your support and vote:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nament-Round-6

I just voted, but Storm is up against Scarlet Witch and she has a large fan base. Lets really try and get Storm to the final round!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I just voted, but Storm is up against Scarlet Witch and she has a large fan base. Lets really try and get Storm to the final round!
    I didnt know she had a large fanbase. that was a bit of a surprise.

oh and thank you.