Page 83 of 662 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183583 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I agree with this. I like the Goddess angle as well but it needs to be explored in greater detail for me. While she obviously received a boost in raw power, I want to know in what other ways have her power changed. I wonder if she has a greater empathic connection nature/life itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I think that’s why I don’t care for the goddess angle. We haven’t really seen her do anything and one shotting the Adversary hasn’t convinced me of anything.
    I agree 100%. I felt like Storm one-shotting the Adversary was cool but I think a longer battle would have been more satisfying. Especially since the Adversary was suppose to be the major threat of the storyline but he really only did anything in the last issue.
    I Love the Goddess Angle. The problem is that we just got a small drop of water on our tongues. One-Shotting Adversary is cool and all, but the dude is a powerful Demon Lord. At least shows us what he’s capable of. Same with Storm glowing purple is pretty and all, but doesn’t make me confident she is a powerful Goddess. What else can she do? Are her senses heighten or what??

We just need more information on this power. Is it accessible at will or does she need people to believe in her at all times or does she need people to actively pray for this power to activate. We don’t even know that. All we know is that she’s a Goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Hey Guys!!

Storm made it to the next round. Please show your support and vote:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nament-Round-6
    Done. This will be a toughie. My 2 favorite Marvel witches.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    Indeed STORM197, to a Good and Lovely Vote!

I am VERY PROUD that Both ladies Have Made it to the Final Four, It is So Lovely to SEE, They are both Incredible and GODDESS Each! ^_^

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I like the fact that he keeps some stubble on his face. I think it's definitely a plus for him.

On another note, I still love these panels:

"Let this be the hour when Gods again stalk the land."

yaaaasssssss NEVER FORGET STORM IS THE ONE TRUE GODDESS OF THE XMEN!!!!!!

I agree with this. I like the Goddess angle as well but it needs to be explored in greater detail for me. While she obviously received a boost in raw power, I want to know in what other ways have her power changed. I wonder if she has a greater empathic connection nature/life itself.
    I think that’s why I don’t care for the goddess angle. We haven’t really seen her do anything and one shotting the Adversary hasn’t convinced me of anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I Love the Goddess Angle. The problem is that we just got a small drop of water on our tongues. One-Shotting Adversary is cool and all, but the dude is a powerful Demon Lord. At least shows us what he’s capable of. Same with Storm glowing purple is pretty and all, but doesn’t make me confident she is a powerful Goddess. What else can she do? Are her senses heighten or what??

We just need more information on this power. Is it accessible at will or does she need people to believe in her at all times or does she need people to actively pray for this power to activate. We don’t even know that. All we know is that she’s a Goddess.
    If you look at this as an isolated or self-contained story I could understand you maybe not being too impressed by Adversary. However, you have to remember Adversary has a few stories outside of this all of which show how powerful he is:

1. When he first encountered the Xmen, he chained Roma (a multiversal goddess) and also was able to ward of the Outback era xmen attacks, which included a combined blast from havok, storm, dazzler. He created an entire alternate world where he sent Ororo and forge that was to replace once he destroyed it, and unleashed an army of demons on earth. He was only able to be beaten by mystic spell which required the souls of the xmen to be effective.

2. He encountered two more times where he wreaked havoc upon the xfactor and xmen, where forge banished by only embracing his mystical heritage and then the latter where he was locked away in Dr. Nemesis' sub consciousness only to eventually break free.

If you ignore all his previous showings, within Black Panther he was unleashing unnatural weather upon wakanda that opened portals to the original inhabitants of that land allowing them to terrorize wakanda; his power was so great that wakandas highest mystics killed themselves in a effort to close one of the many portals he opened. So though there was no major battle between the two there is plenty of history showing how powerful he is. Also you must remember Ororo was a more powerful god so to show them fighting back and forth in a epic battle wouldnt fit that narrative.

Lastly let's not forget her goddess power was the only assault on X-legion that worked (even jean with all of her upgrades couldnt affect him) and was the xmen were able to penetrate his mind. There hasnt been a lot of development but I'm certain with time we will see it, especially with the hopes of a coates solo one day happening

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    thank you so much boo. keep voting that scarlet witch is more popular than I realized lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This is exactly how I think and feel as well.
    When they show me that this power upgrade has significant meaning, I might then consider it to be something more than just a writer's "flash in the pan" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

or...in my head canon (until this is further explored in depth, by other writers,not just Coates)...
    She just has access to Goddess-Power (which would not necessarily make her an actual Goddess).

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    who is that all the way to the left ?cause he is fone !!
    I dont know his name but he is sexy af.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Shipp must hate going to these panel.
    Either no one asks her any questions or if they do its just "Why, you Suck?"
    "Why you suck so hard?"
    lmfao omg why am I just seeing this lol. that's really sad if it goes like that for her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Hey Guys!!

Storm made it to the next round. Please show your support and vote:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nament-Round-6
    Voted! Thanks for the heads up!

For those Storm fans who like the foxmen movie and are in the SoCal region here's your chance to meet Alex Shipp in person:

A huge pass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Voted! Thanks for the heads up!

you're welcome love. please spread the word!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    A huge pass for me.
    lmfao oh no lololol

If you look at this as an isolated or self-contained story I could understand you maybe not being too impressed by Adversary. However, you have to remember Adversary has a few stories outside of this all of which show how powerful he is:

1. When he first encountered the Xmen, he chained Roma (a multiversal goddess) and also was able to ward of the Outback era xmen attacks, which included a combined blast from havok, storm, dazzler. He created an entire alternate world where he sent Ororo and forge that was to replace once he destroyed it, and unleashed an army of demons on earth. He was only able to be beaten by mystic spell which required the souls of the xmen to be effective.

2. He encountered two more times where he wreaked havoc upon the xfactor and xmen, where forge banished by only embracing his mystical heritage and then the latter where he was locked away in Dr. Nemesis' sub consciousness only to eventually break free.

If you ignore all his previous showings, within Black Panther he was unleashing unnatural weather upon wakanda that opened portals to the original inhabitants of that land allowing them to terrorize wakanda; his power was so great that wakandas highest mystics killed themselves in a effort to close one of the many portals he opened. So though there was no major battle between the two there is plenty of history showing how powerful he is. Also you must remember Ororo was a more powerful god so to show them fighting back and forth in a epic battle wouldnt fit that narrative.

Lastly let's not forget her goddess power was the only assault on X-legion that worked (even jean with all of her upgrades couldnt affect him) and was the xmen were able to penetrate his mind. There hasnt been a lot of development but I'm certain with time we will see it, especially with the hopes of a coates solo one day happening

thank you so much boo. keep voting that scarlet witch is more popular than I realized lol

Adversary is no doubt a power-house, which is exactly why I would have liked to have seen a longer battle. All of the build up to this issue ended on a somewhat underwhelming note for me.

I also don't know how much a trust the X-office to correctly showcase Storm's god-hood. I liked that she was able to hurt Legion. I just also hope they can capture her spiritual side well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Yes, Adversary is a powerful Villain i'm aware of his other appearances. Were not ignoring what happened in Wakanda it's just her fight with him was not interesting. And her God-Hood powers are not fully explored.

As for X-Legion I don't think she used her Goddess Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    or...in my head canon (until this is further explored in depth, by other writers,not just Coates)...
    She just has access to Goddess-Power (which would not necessarily make her an actual Goddess).
    I just want it to be explored a lot more what other things she can do with that power. Can she manipulate the planet faster? or bring down Cosmic Storms to earth without harming the planet?? Creating abnormal weather like Fire Rain or Temporal Storms ETC.

Stuff like that

But eh, we shall see.

Adversary is no doubt a power-house, which is exactly why I would have liked to have seen a longer battle. All of the build up to this issue ended on a somewhat underwhelming note for me.

I also don't know how much a trust the X-office to correctly showcase Storm's god-hood.
    I agree. The fight was very underwelming for such a good build up. I don't think I trust the X-Office as well to handle her new power, but we shall see. Also, her hurting X-Legion is great,but I doubt that was actually her Goddess power, but we shall see. For further development in this power.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-16-2019 at 06:21 AM.

IF...a huge IF...the X-Office decide to explore it further.
    Judging by the general direction of the x-books so far I seriously doubt it. Just look at how they've "acknowledged" the recent T5/O5 developments in their own x-books...ie very, very little.

If the X-office does acknowledge Storm's god-hood, I feel like they would only showcase her raw power, which is interesting but I want more. I want an exploration of Storm's spirituality. How has it changed, if at all, since tapping into her heritage? Unfortunately I don't have confidence in the X-office's ability to showcase this properly.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!