Page 84 of 662 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184584 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 9921
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    If the X-office does acknowledge Storm's god-hood, I feel like they would only showcase her raw power, which is interesting but I want more. I want an exploration of Storm's spirituality. How has it changed, if at all, since tapping into her heritage? Unfortunately I don't have confidence in the X-office's ability to showcase this properly.
    ...if at all.

BANNED

If the X-office does acknowledge Storm's god-hood, I feel like they would only showcase her raw power, which is interesting but I want more. I want an exploration of Storm's spirituality. How has it changed, if at all, since tapping into her heritage? Unfortunately I don't have confidence in the X-office's ability to showcase this properly.
    I agree. I also want her to fight other Gods as well and talk to New Ones.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Adversary is no doubt a power-house, which is exactly why I would have liked to have seen a longer battle. All of the build up to this issue ended on a somewhat underwhelming note for me.

I also don't know how much a trust the X-office to correctly showcase Storm's god-hood. I liked that she was able to hurt Legion. I just also hope they can capture her spiritual side well.
    I think that is fair to have wanted a longer battle. I kind of look at it like spiderman fighting nova or thanos fighting. as much as some may want a long battle it really wouldnt make sense for the nova or thanos to be done with spiderman really quickly. that's how I saw the battle against her and adversary. as noted in the story tchalla mentioned the way to beat a god is with a stronger one and for that to make sense I liked that Coates wrote her making short work of him. but I get ur point.

also I dont really have faith they will do it justice either. though the writers confirmed she was a goddess it was not done in a way that was clearly delivered nor in a way that carried much substance. in fact I think one could argue she wasnt being literal when she referred to herself as goddess. this is why I was happy the writers confirmed that she in fact was referring to herself as a literal goddess. but all in all I do agree with you I dont have much faith they will do much to further develop this.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yes, Adversary is a powerful Villain i'm aware of his other appearances. Were not ignoring what happened in Wakanda it's just her fight with him was not interesting. And her God-Hood powers are not fully explored.

As for X-Legion I don't think she used her Goddess Power.

I just want it to be explored a lot more what other things she can do with that power. Can she manipulate the planet faster? or bring down Cosmic Storms to earth without harming the planet?? Creating abnormal weather like Fire Rain or Temporal Storms ETC.

Stuff like that

But eh, we shall see.

I agree. The fight was very underwelming for such a good build up. I don't think I trust the X-Office as well to handle her new power, but we shall see. Also, her hurting X-Legion is great,but I doubt that was actually her Goddess power, but we shall see. For further development in this power.
    1. as I mentioned to nj06 I think it is fair to have wanted to see more but in context to what she was described as I was absolutely fine with her essentially one shotting her.

also, the writers did confirm she was a goddess so it wouldnt make sense for to say she was a goddess if she didnt attack with that of a goddess.

aside from the things that you mentioned I also want them to explore what mythos of gods and goddesses she extend from as I think this would lead to potentially her having her own little corner in the marvel universe, akin to thor and asgard. the only way I see this really going anywhere is if we get coates or a writer that is as invested as coates is in the character writing the xmen. aside from this I dont see it going anywhere.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

also, the writers did confirm she was a goddess so it wouldnt make sense for to say she was a goddess if she didnt attack with that of a goddess.
    I don’t agree with your statement, but I’ll leave it alone.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-16-2019 at 08:09 PM.

The Disney Fox deal is reportedly closing on the 20th so hopefully with that we get better X-men and Storm focus. BP’s success sends a message that Storm needs better treatment in the comics and movies.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If Captain Marvel is the way Marvel/Disney is gonna do their female heroes...

spoilers:
    then I prefer Storm stay in a team movie.

Very disappointed with the movie.
    end of spoilers
    Just watched it. Didn’t found it boring but most certainly underwhelming. For an origin story it didn’t flesh out the title character much. Just small flashbacks and dialogue telling us what she was like before she got her powers. And the action was meh.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-16-2019 at 04:15 PM.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I don’t agree with your statement, but I’ll leave it alone.
    With all due respect my friend it's not about agreeing with my statement. The writers themselves stated this is what happened. It would make zero sense to make reference to this if she didnt use her power as a goddess. See below:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AshcanPre...14146035814400

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    The Disney Fox deal is reportedly closing on the 20th so hopefully with that we get better X-men and Storm focus. BP’s success sends a message that Storm needs better treatment in the comics and movies.
    Praise the goddess!!! 2 more days!

I love these images especially the first one.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-18-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

With all due respect my friend it's not about agreeing with my statement. The writers themselves stated this what happened. It would make zero sense to make reference to this if she didnt use her power as a goddess. See below:
    That twitter post does not prove she used her Goddess Power Kyss. It only proves that they acknowledge she’s One.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-18-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Your not getting it Kyss. I’ve SEEN the twitter post. I know what happened. But that DOES NOT mean she activated her power in hitting Legion. There’s no indication. If anything it’s a Nod that she’s a Goddess, but not using her power.

That’s why what your saying is incorrect. There’s no proof she’s using it’s power.
    I see what you're saying but I'm interpreting a bit different. And before I explain I think this has to be explained further because I don't think it's clear now but ororo is a goddess. It's not something that can be turned or off, just like she cant turn on or off her blackness or her hair being white. that said I see it as her powers always being actively on she just has a higher upper limit now. if that makes any sense.

but again I want to make clear this is a hypothesis that hasnt been explained on panel hence why I hope after age of x this further explored.

I love these images especially the first one.
    I like the first image too. I think it's a nice update to her punk look. I also think the model is a perfect pick for this. Tell me why her mohawk looks better than Shipp's lol!

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I like the first image too. I think it's a nice update to her punk look. I also think the model is a perfect pick for this. Tell me why her mohawk looks better than Shipp's lol!

lmfao lord I'm not ready for the shade early this morning but it's so true lolol.

there is a slight chance, and let me put emphasis on slight, that the dark Phoenix movie may not finished in time to be released in June considering some of the people currently working on the movie don't know if they will have a job. as happy as I am that storm will hopefully be written in a way all fans can finally be proud of it's sad to hear people will potentially be losing their jobs:

https://heroichollywood.com/disney-f...-dark-phoenix/

BANNED

I see what you're saying but I'm interpreting a bit different. And before I explain I think this has to be explained further because I don't think it's clear now but ororo is a goddess. It's not something that can be turned or off, just like she cant turn on or off her blackness or her hair being white. that said I see it as her powers always being actively on she just has a higher upper limit now. if that makes any sense.

but again I want to make clear this is a hypothesis that hasnt been explained on panel hence why I hope after age of x this further explored.
    Yes we know Storm is a Goddess. That’s already been proven. My point is we NEED more information on this new found power. To argue that she used this New Power in X-Legion instead of being extraordinary pissed and lashes out on him using a Big Bolt of Lightning.

Yes we know Storm is a Goddess. That’s already been proven. My point is we NEED more information on this new found power. To argue that she used this New Power in X-Legion instead of being extraordinary pissed and lashes out on him using a Big Bolt of Lightning.
    I agree we definitely need more information. is this a power that she can access at any time, does it grant her any other abilities such as stronger durability. I'm glad there are people on social media asking those questions about her being a god. hopefully this pressure from readers force writers to writer her and these details more carefully and with due diligence.