Page 91 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm is going to be a Turn Coat. Watch.
    if she actually breaks free and stays free that would impressive.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I asked about the decision to make her bald and Lonnie Nadler replied with a good answer tbh:

"The idea was the in the Age of X-Man everyone is themselves, they are exactly who they want to be when there are no judgements, and are in touch with the most personal aspects of their being. Given that Ororo has Kenyan roots and many women in Africa shave their heads or keep their hair short (for a number of reasons), we thought it made sense for her character. I think a lot of people associate Storm with her white hair and this is her little way of rebelling against that, of defying expectations of who others expect her to be, and being herself. Also, it looks badass".

I love the reasoning that she embraces herself and her culture instead of holding to the expectation of a regal Goddess with long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I asked about the decision to make her bald and Lonnie Nadler replied with a good answer tbh:

"The idea was the in the Age of X-Man everyone is themselves, they are exactly who they want to be when there are no judgements, and are in touch with the most personal aspects of their being. Given that Ororo has Kenyan roots and many women in Africa shave their heads or keep their hair short (for a number of reasons), we thought it made sense for her character. I think a lot of people associate Storm with her white hair and this is her little way of rebelling against that, of defying expectations of who others expect her to be, and being herself. Also, it looks badass".

I love the reasoning that she embraces herself and her culture instead of holding to the expectation of a regal Goddess with long hair.
    I know someone who would be very mad about this but Imma clamp my tongue
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    I know someone who would be very mad about this but Imma clamp my tongue

Say it with yo' chest.

lol just messin'.

I like this and I'm happy #3 focuses on her.

I think it would be great if they gave her an interesting dynamic with Magneto that caries over to the 616. Something like powerhouse frenemies.

I am not a fan of the shaved head, (though I like WAAAYYY more than another damn mohawk). As the writer noted all of their are many reasons why African women shave their heads; and all aren't positive. I have a very close friend who immigrated from African and she was forced to shave her hair growing up to attend school. Hair on women was considered a distraction for the students so women head to shave theirs. (The male students didn't, however! The double standard is nuts!) I freely admit I am biased about this topic because of her.

The white hair is iconic and part of the reason she is so distinctive. I love the visual of it whipping in the wind as she brings down her righteous fury against any who dare to challenge her!

Happy X-Liberation week fam! Had a drink at 12:02 am on Tuesday to mark the occasion. Wasn’t sure I’d ever see this day come!

Attachment 80165

Art by Eren Gürocak! Find him on insta.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 03-22-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I believe at the moment it’s Storm 21, SM 19. Fingers crossed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    YAY!!!!! She's Home...........She's Home

Happy X-Liberation week fam! Had a drink at 12:02 am on Tuesday to mark the occasion. Wasn’t sure I’d ever see this day come!

Attachment 80165
    I don't think I've ever like that costume as much as I have in this graphic! Well done!!!

YAY!!!!! She's Home...........She's Home

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I don't think I've ever like that costume as much as I have in this graphic! Well done!!!
    Yes me too, seeing that graphic made it real to me and I just got so excited and filled with HOPE. What a wonderful change from the constant dismay and disappointment that I’ve felt from Fox’s Storm portrayals over the last 18 years. So beyond happy, even though we don’t know anything yet. It’s hard to imagine that they could go any further away from her character than FoX-men did.

Fully not my art by the way! Forgot to credit Eren Gürocak, the artist on Instagram. Did a fantastic job on this!

Attachment 80165

Nice find. I'm really hoping that the MCU does right by Storm. She has so much potential and can be a break out star on screen if done right.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh! Sorry. Forced rationale is forced and false.
    Going by what Lonnie Nadler says...Storm would have kept her long, platinum hair because it is most certainly part of her personal heritage and as such, she is being her true self, true to her heritage, regardless of what anyone else says or thinks. And she would not feel the need to shave it off simply because they do live in a world where...there are no judgements.
    Also...She may have Kenyan roots but Storm Is. Not. Kenyan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Going by what Lonnie Nadler says...Storm would have kept her long, platinum hair because it is most certainly part of her personal heritage and as such, she is being her true self, true to her heritage, regardless of what anyone else says or thinks. And she would not feel the need to shave it off simply because they do live in a world where...there are no judgements.
    I agree. I HIGHLY doubt Storm would shave herself completely BALD because she believes she's more comfortable that way. Personally I think Storm would be half naked...and NOT in a house knitting. TF???

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I am not a fan of the shaved head, (though I like WAAAYYY more than another damn mohawk). As the writer noted all of their are many reasons why African women shave their heads; and all aren't positive. I have a very close friend who immigrated from African and she was forced to shave her hair growing up to attend school. Hair on women was considered a distraction for the students so women head to shave theirs. (The male students didn't, however! The double standard is nuts!) I freely admit I am biased about this topic because of her.

The white hair is iconic and part of the reason she is so distinctive. I love the visual of it whipping in the wind as she brings down her righteous fury against any who dare to challenge her!
    Thank you for sharing a personal experience as it relates to why some of these women do this. Your insight is why it is important for writers to really do theymir research as opposed to their understanding of things.

Attachment 80165

This is Marvelous lolol. I love it and it gives me hope marvel will depict her in a fashion that is consistent with the comic.

I believe at the moment it’s Storm 21, SM 19. Fingers crossed!
    I know this it's nice she was able to make it to the finals. so yes indeed fingers crossex.

Yes me too, seeing that graphic made it real to me and I just got so excited and filled with HOPE. What a wonderful change from the constant dismay and disappointment that I’ve felt from Fox’s Storm portrayals over the last 18 years. So beyond happy, even though we don’t know anything yet. It’s hard to imagine that they could go any further away from her character than FoX-men did.

Fully not my art by the way! Forgot to credit Eren Gürocak, the artist on Instagram. Did a fantastic job on this!
    I didnth think it would ever happen either especially when so many were saying it would never occur in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree. I HIGHLY doubt Storm would shave herself completely BALD because she believes she's more comfortable that way. Personally I think Storm would be half naked...and NOT in a house knitting. TF???
    I agree with both of these statements.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!