Page 92 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192592 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default Storms Top 5 Momemts

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    No, not really. But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No, not really. But whatever.
    me either lol. whst is your fave or top 5 storm moments.

and since we are all excited about the merger how do u want her to be introduced on film?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I am surprised her marriage wasn't included. Not that I was a fan of it, but a marriage is typically one of the biggest moments in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I am surprised her marriage wasn't included. Not that I was a fan of it, but a marriage is typically one of the biggest moments in your life.
    well maybe they didnt include it because it was annulled, which technically would mean it never happened lol. but I see ur point. why were you not a fan of the marriage?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Nearly killing Cal and defeating Scott for leadership yes...but I would say losing her powers and her marriage to T'Challa were far more significant than fighting with Piotr. That list bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Nearly killing Cal and defeating Scott for leadership yes...but I would say losing her powers and her marriage to T'Challa were far more significant than fighting with Piotr. That list bogus.
    yea fighting Piotr seemed really random. I don't even know if that would be included in my top 20 moments for the character. also agreed about losing her powers I'm surprised that didn't make the list. that way probably the most if not most important character developments ororo has ever had.

BANNED

me either lol. whst is your fave or top 5 storm moments.

and since we are all excited about the merger how do u want her to be introduced on film?
    I really don't have a Favorite Top Moment of Storm TBH.

I DEFINITELY don't want her to appear in no God Damn Black Panther Movie. The X-Men should be introduced in the MCU like this:

Have a News reporter in a Hellicopter see's a Giant Robot walking around and a Massive Lighting Bolt and a Huge Red Beam strike the Robot at the same time. Cut to a Black Screen have the News Woman/Man say in the Background. "Mutants are real??"

well maybe they didnt include it because it was annulled, which technically would mean it never happened lol. but I see ur point. why were you not a fan of the marriage?
    I didn't like it for several reasons:

1) It was rushed and it was forced.
    The entire basis of the marriage is from a crossover written by Claremont in the 80s where we learn that they knew each other as kids and had a brief romance. They both accepted they once had a thing and they moved on. Then Storm appeared in a 2 issue cameo during Priest's BP run. They both admitted there was some attraction but realized it wouldn't work and moved on. During those issues was the first time they ever kissed each other until it was later retconned. Now all of a sudden they are getting married?? We deserved to witness their courtship - to see them date so we can be invested in their relationship. Without it, I couldn't care less about their marriage.

2) Their history was rewritten to fit the forced marriage.
    To make the basis for the marriage, Dickie rewrote their history. He changed the origin story that Claremont established and make Storm the damsel in distress. As a Storm fan, I was disappointed with the retcon that made T'Challa rescue Storm and not the other around.

3) Only because they are black?
    They were married off because they're both black, which Hudlin even admitted and that rubbed me the wrong way. You don't marry two characters off because they're both black.

4) The virginity thing
    The writer had a 12 year old Storm lose her virginity to T'Challa who was 15 or 16 at the time. This is wrong on so many levels.

5) From leading to supporting character
    The marriage forced Storm out of a prominent role of the X-Men at the time, (she'd just formed the X.S.E. and was leading that team), to a supporting role in the Black Panther book.

6) Poor characterization
    Under Hudlin, Storm and Black Panther felt out of character. The only writer that seemed to have wrote them well together was McDuffie. Under every other Black Panther writer's pen, Storm suffered while being his wife.

I tend not to take the stuff written on marvel.com too seriously. Most of it makes absolutely no sense, is too generalized or is obviously written to further an agenda.

But personally for me, there was a huge gap in me reading comics so I missed a lot, but I'd definitely put the galactic core feat and probably some other stuff I cant think of right now over fighting Peter. This article seems like someone was tasked with coming up with this list at 4:40 PM and they got off work at 5.
    Last edited by Sunny; 03-22-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Getting a Wonder Woman feel from the invisible X-jet
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I really don't have a Favorite Top Moment of Storm TBH.

I DEFINITELY don't want her to appear in no God Damn Black Panther Movie. The X-Men should be introduced in the MCU like this:

Have a News reporter in a Hellicopter see's a Giant Robot walking around and a Massive Lighting Bolt and a Huge Red Beam strike the Robot at the same time. Cut to a Black Screen have the News Woman/Man say in the Background. "Mutants are real??"

that's fair enough but why would mutants all of the sudden just pop up? why would the avengers or shield have never heard of them? why would they have never helped when the earth faced imminent destruction from alien invaders? for it to work I think they have to somehow be integrated to the already existing mcu somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I didn't like it for several reasons:

1) It was rushed and it was forced.
    The entire basis of the marriage is from a crossover written by Claremont in the 80s where we learn that they knew each other as kids and had a brief romance. They both accepted they once had a thing and they moved on. Then Storm appeared in a 2 issue cameo during Priest's BP run. They both admitted there was some attraction but realized it wouldn't work and moved on. During those issues was the first time they ever kissed each other until it was later retconned. Now all of a sudden they are getting married?? We deserved to witness their courtship - to see them date so we can be invested in their relationship. Without it, I couldn't care less about their marriage.

2) Their history was rewritten to fit the forced marriage.
    To make the basis for the marriage, Dickie rewrote their history. He changed the origin story that Claremont established and make Storm the damsel in distress. As a Storm fan, I was disappointed with the retcon that made T'Challa rescue Storm and not the other around.

3) Only because they are black?
    They were married off because they're both black, which Hudlin even admitted and that rubbed me the wrong way. You don't marry two characters off because they're both black.

4) The virginity thing
    The writer had a 12 year old Storm lose her virginity to T'Challa who was 15 or 16 at the time. This is wrong on so many levels.

5) From leading to supporting character
    The marriage forced Storm out of a prominent role of the X-Men at the time, (she'd just formed the X.S.E. and was leading that team), to a supporting role in the Black Panther book.

6) Poor characterization
    Under Hudlin, Storm and Black Panther felt out of character. The only writer that seemed to have wrote them well together was McDuffie. Under every other Black Panther writer's pen, Storm suffered while being his wife.
    thanks for the feedback beloved while I dont agree with everything I will say i totally agree about your points made of the dickey mini. thank the goddess it was retconned due to the amazing xmen annual.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I tend not to take the stuff written on marvel.com too seriously. Most of it makes absolutely no sense, is too generalized or is obviously written to further an agenda.

But personally for me, there was a huge gap in me reading comics so I missed a lot, but I'd definitely put the galactic core feat and probably some other stuff I cant think of right now over fighting Peter. This article seems like someone was tasked with coming up with this list at 4:40 PM and they got off work at 5.
    lmfao I'm dead. it definitely doesnt seem like much thought was put into the list so I think I will take your approach the next time I come across one of these.

lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Getting a Wonder Woman feel from the invisible X-jet

maybe it's a premonition of what's to come. marvel hopefully pushing to make ororo the leading female of marvel. lol

Since we're getting some brand, spanking X-News tomorrow, do you think, whatever the new regime (people are pissing themselves over it being Hickman) will reveal, will it involve our Weather Witch in some way. Or should we be whatever?

We might get a mostly vanilla (ahem) sausage fest (ahem), but that's just me being a cynical curmudgeon.

As much as I would love to hear some great news about Storm, I'm not going to get my hopes up. If something major for Storm comes out of this then I will be happy but I know better then to get my hopes up.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!