Page 93 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193593 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Since we're getting some brand, spanking X-News tomorrow, do you think, whatever the new regime (people are pissing themselves over it being Hickman) will reveal, will it involve our Weather Witch in some way. Or should we be whatever?

We might get a mostly vanilla (ahem) sausage fest (ahem), but that's just me being a cynical curmudgeon.
    absolutely 100% nothing will be said about ororo. I will be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong but I doubt it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that's fair enough but why would mutants all of the sudden just pop up? why would the avengers or shield have never heard of them? why would they have never helped when the earth faced imminent destruction from alien invaders? for it to work I think they have to somehow be integrated to the already existing mcu somehow.
    You treat mutatns as a Myth. That's why I said at the End the woman says "Mutants are Real??" Again Mutants are a myth so SHIELD and Avengers don't really have any record on mutants plus Pro.X could have just prevented their discovery. Maybe because their powers didn't manifest until after? And that's when the rumors of Mutants started??? Integrating Mutants is easy to me. Not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    As much as I would love to hear some great news about Storm, I'm not going to get my hopes up. If something major for Storm comes out of this then I will be happy but I know better then to get my hopes up.
    Same here. Hate to sound like a negative Nancy but I'd be totally surprised if it's anything Storm related.

BANNED

As much as I would love to hear some great news about Storm, I'm not going to get my hopes up. If something major for Storm comes out of this then I will be happy but I know better then to get my hopes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Same here. Hate to sound like a negative Nancy but I'd be totally surprised if it's anything Storm related.
    I agree to BOTH posts. I wouldn't be surprised TBH.

Morning all.
    Bored surfing through youtube for a Storm fix.
    Caught the ending of ororo before the storm ep 18.

And it just further cement the reason for my love for Ororo.
    So many God like lvl mutan villains stories are told but Storm is rarely givin. Her introduction was very wighty that now just seems to get down played.
    The fact that Xavier did or did not have to telepathically get her to join is like WHAT!?
    We have an Apocalypse ,High evolutionary character just slumming around.

The fact the no one talk or expand on the fact that she was the living breathing Magneto before Xavier came and got her.
    Via the fact the she was creating life and oasis in middle of the desert with large amount of followers . People leaving their countries all over the contents to worship her. Not to mention her work against groups faction military government all over said content. She was unstoppable . And not peep. Till Wheels showed up.

A Goddess who has to accept she's a mutant.
    A Mutant who has to accept she's just a woman,
    A Human who truly believe she is a living Goddess.

Can I get a solo plz

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Since we're getting some brand, spanking X-News tomorrow, do you think, whatever the new regime (people are pissing themselves over it being Hickman) will reveal, will it involve our Weather Witch in some way. Or should we be whatever?

We might get a mostly vanilla (ahem) sausage fest (ahem), but that's just me being a cynical curmudgeon.
    To be fair to Hickman, he pushed Sunspot to the forefront and made him more than just a random X-man.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Morning all.

So many God like lvl mutan villains stories are told but Storm is rarely givin. Her introduction was very wighty that now just seems to get down played.
    The fact that Xavier did or did not have to telepathically get her to join is like WHAT!?

The fact the no one talk or expand on the fact that she was the living breathing Magneto before Xavier came and got her.
    Via the fact the she was creating life and oasis in middle of the desert with large amount of followers . People leaving their countries all over the contents to worship her. Not to mention her work against groups faction military government all over said content. She was unstoppable . And not peep. Till Wheels showed up.

Can I get a solo plz
    These are really good points. Storm once being worshiped as a Goddess is something that I would also like to see followed up on. I like that Coates had T'Challa learn about and question Storm's previous life as a Goddess and this scene stuck has stuck out to me since:

The line "A religion swirled around me" is perhaps my favorite because I think that can act as the basis for an entire story-line for Storm: What is/was the religion that is based around Storm? And what about the worshipers? We know some of them were aware that Storm was not a Goddess, but what about those that did/do believe? There is a lot of power in being worshiped/revered as a deity. Its inspiring but can also be quite dangerous. I wonder if there are any extremists/radicals who worship Storm? How far are they willing to go to prove their devotion the their Goddess. And on the other hand, I would also like to see a character who once worshiped/revered Storm as a Goddess, but has since become disillusioned and is now radically opposed to her and her believers. There is so much potential in this!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Morning all.

Can I get a solo plz

must I just say this post was beautiful!!! You know before Coates introduced Ororo in the latest run of Black Panther I never really questioned the point you made about her being a goddess not being explored. It wasnt until after Coates that I began to analyze all of what I believe to be her biggest moments of development and aside from Claremont, I noticed a pattern that it was typically black writers who took this sort of interest in the character. I've never understood this effort to neuter the things about her that make her great. She originally was created to be the most powerful female character, yet while many characters have grown in power and their abilities ororo has been shown as a lightning wielding hero. No mention of her connection to planets or the earth, no mention of her ability to perceive energy and natural forces with a power to manipulate them, no mention of an abominable will. There has mostly been an effort to show howhumab she is, that she is only a mutant. Then bam, you get hudlin who writes her as a queen, Coates who writes her as a goddess, the latter we would see another white Male writer worn to deconstruct the very things I believe these black writers wanted to remind us ororo: that she is beyond exceptional. I dont belirve that was accidental.

at any rate, I think to really see this that is, her being a goddess fully explored we would need a solo. and not only a solo, a writer who cares to not only tell this story but also reintroduce fans to the characteristics of ororo that truly made her great.

These are really good points. Storm once being worshiped as a Goddess is something that I would also like to see followed up on. I like that Coates had T'Challa learn about and question Storm's previous life as a Goddess and this scene stuck has stuck out to me since:

The line "A religion swirled around me" is perhaps my favorite because I think that can act as the basis for an entire story-line for Storm: What is/was the religion that is based around Storm? And what about the worshipers? We know some of them were aware that Storm was not a Goddess, but what about those that did/do believe? There is a lot of power in being worshiped/revered as a deity. Its inspiring but can also be quite dangerous. I wonder if there are any extremists/radicals who worship Storm? How far are they willing to go to prove their devotion the their Goddess. And on the other hand, I would also like to see a character who once worshiped/revered Storm as a Goddess, but has since become disillusioned and is now radically opposed to her and her believers. There is so much potential in this!
    yes to all of this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    You treat mutatns as a Myth. That's why I said at the End the woman says "Mutants are Real??" Again Mutants are a myth so SHIELD and Avengers don't really have any record on mutants plus Pro.X could have just prevented their discovery. Maybe because their powers didn't manifest until after? And that's when the rumors of Mutants started??? Integrating Mutants is easy to me. Not that hard.
    but it's a myth that has never been mentioned? why all the sudden would they just pop up?

hi loves if you havent voted please dont forget to do so,:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nt-Final/page4

Astonishing Member

As far as Storm showing up into the MCU what's the earliest yall think it will realistically happen? I'm hoping for at least a post credit cameo in BP2 and then in X-Men sometime between 2022-2023 with a significant part to play in BP3.

I would like to see Storm introduced as a character in Black Panther's sequel in one single scene. Give T'challa a flashback to the first time he ever left Wakanda as a young man. Show him encountering a woman with white hair who tells him that she is travelling from Egypt to Kenya. The two characters recognize and explore the chemistry they have with each other before they part ways. The woman's time spent in America, Egypt, and Kenya contrasts with T'challa, who has only ever known Wakanda. This plants the seeds for T'challa's character arc in the first Black Panther, which the sequel can continue.

Bring on the drama when the two re-encounter each other when the Avengers and X-men meet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but it's a myth that has never been mentioned? why all the sudden would they just pop up?
    It's not really hard to incorporate.

Young Ro from Ororo before the Storm is in the promotional image, I wonder what it means!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Why does Marvel keep reminding me about that damn mohawk.