Page 50 of 744 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I was thinking purely in terms of the comics. Iron Man's solo-movies are over, so I doubt we'll ever see anymore of his solo-villains, even if Downey signs on for another long round of Avengers movies.
    I think we could still see the Mandarin again. Heck, he might be a way to resurrect Killmonger. Happened in the comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given they did reveal a REAL Mandarin exists, I'm freaking waiting for him to make a play for ANYTHING.

I don't think it can be Iron Man at this point so yeah... Black Panter might be the most logical place for him to show up. And it sort of works if they go for the 007 vibe with T'Challa. Going to some exotic place to deal with a guy like Mandarin might be cool.

But it's a non-BP rogue like Doom, so some understandably might take issue with that. Though I suppose if he at least shared the spotlight with a BP rogue it would be okay.
    Keep waiting. The movies couldn't even use the name Mandarin in China, ain't no way they have a Chinese villain for...anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Keep waiting. The movies couldn't even use the name Mandarin in China, ain't no way they have a Chinese villain for...anything.
    It would be a shame if we never saw MCU Mandarin again, after they went of their way to make that mini movie revealing that he really exists. Maybe he can at least show up in Agents of SHIELD or something.

I could see them using him in the comics again, although they'd likely go with his Tem Borjigin name instead of his old alias, just as Fu Manchu is no longer called Fu Manchu. But I can't see any solo-series Iron Man villains being used again in the movies simply because his trilogy is done. There has been a clear pattern of, give the hero a trilogy, then purely use him as a team-character from then on. Which in turn means that he will only fight Avengers team villains from now on.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Behind the scenes- Panther’s Quest

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=US0-jyvRzSo
    Last edited by LastManStanding; 01-19-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Behind the scenes- Panther’s Quest

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=US0-jyvRzSo
    Can't express enough how cool it is to see past Panthers in these few episodes. This is how you universe build.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Is it bad that i now want to see Yemandi in the comics? I like her look it's very badass and unique. Like a Wakandan book going through the rulers of the past
    I had hoped that the New Black Panther writer after Hickman would have used the king of the Dead storyline to go through the Panthers history this same way. After secret wars 2 Charlie loses his powers and in order to regain them he has to battle (or simply best a different challenge from)each of the past Panthers. could have been a simply executed story that coats could have gone into that allowed him to universe build in ways he wanted to without tearing down the core of everything we loved about Tchalla and Wakanda.

So glad Redjack is a brilliant enough writer to have realized the gold mine that was sitting there.

Now, it made popular enough each Panther can have its own separate toy and t'challa can have a skill or knowledge from every one which makes him and then look good.

Have we already fancasted Orlando Jones as Achebe?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I could see them using him in the comics again, although they'd likely go with his Tem Borjigin name instead of his old alias, just as Fu Manchu is no longer called Fu Manchu. But I can't see any solo-series Iron Man villains being used again in the movies simply because his trilogy is done. There has been a clear pattern of, give the hero a trilogy, then purely use him as a team-character from then on. Which in turn means that he will only fight Avengers team villains from now on.
    Aren't they supposed to do a Shang Chi movie somewhere down the line? They might wanna just use Mandarin there instead of Fu. The villains are pretty simular.

In the comics Fu is already enemies with Tchalla from Hudlins run, so maybe they can have him show up again instead of Mandarin.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Aren't they supposed to do a Shang Chi movie somewhere down the line? They might wanna just use Mandarin there instead of Fu. The villains are pretty simular.
    Eeeh. There's a savage masculinity to Mandarin that isn't there with Fu Manchu. While there are a few superficial elements to him, namely race and home-decor, overall Mandarin has more in common with Gorilla Grodd and Black Mask than Fu Manchu. He embodies aristocratic excess and open war where Fu Manchu embodies an almost puritanical asceticism and patience and control. A world ruled by The Mandarin looks like Mad Max/Thundarr the Barbarian with pockets of Las Vegas. A world ruled by Fu Manchu would look like an Asian flavored version of those dystopias where the Catholic church or the Puritans rule the world. Ultimately they are as different as the X-Men and Inhumans, who likewise resemble each other superficially while embodying polar opposite themes.

White Wolfs niche can easily be filled by MCU M'baku. He's redundant. There is a reason Coogler closed the door on that scenario by giving Bucky the nickname instead.

Why in Bast's name is there Mandarin scans in here?

Achebe works. Zanderjack works. I'll also allow updated Supremacists, Moses, and if he wants to get weird with it, Mephisto.

Zandajack gives you a chance to showcase T'challa's senses and brain as well... I'm liking it.

Achebe, the mad scientist/alchemist could even be used to created Zandajack, Solomon Prey, and ARMLESS TIGER MAN. AKA how they got their powers.

The other tribes saw all the weird **** out there now... the super heroes, gods on earth, raging monsters, glove weilding purple thumbs, and started to explore ways to produce more powered beings, not just the Black Panther.

They are doubly panicked because the HSH is gone. If T'challa dies, they are screwed.

Enter... the rumored shaman in the forest... Achebe.

Also gives an avenue to potentially upgrade M'baku.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    White Wolfs niche can easily be filled by MCU M'baku. He's redundant. There is a reason Coogler closed the door on that scenario by giving Bucky the nickname instead.

Why in Bast's name is there Mandarin scans in here?

Achebe works. Zanderjack works. I'll also allow updated Supremacists, Moses, and if he wants to get weird with it, Mephisto.

Zandajack gives you a chance to showcase T'challa's senses and brain as well... I'm liking it.

Achebe, the mad scientist/alchemist could even be used to created Zandajack, Solomon Prey, and ARMLESS TIGER MAN. AKA how they got their powers.

The other tribes saw all the weird **** out there now... the super heroes, gods on earth, raging monsters, glove weilding purple thumbs, and started to explore ways to produce more powered beings, not just the Black Panther.

They are doubly panicked because the HSH is gone. If T'challa dies, they are screwed.

W'Kabi could sort of be a White Wolf too, if they don't want a heel turn for M'Baku. Sort of. Nakia even COULD be a hybrid of Malice and Hunter if they ever wanted a heel turn out of her.

Basially yeah... a bunch of people could probably fill Hunters role when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

That sounds more like Tetu or whatshisname... Zawavari.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I suppose in theory they could consolidate Tetu and Achebe if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Rather not have Coates anywhere near the project so his name can be Achebe lolol

Don't need more "Coates is a genius" posts
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html