Page 49 of 744 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude I like this idea and very true. Zanda is the next Azula waiting to happen. I would l be okay with her being THE top tier H2h fighter over both heroes and villains with her powers being a mix of mystique and beast boy.

And yes I would love to see a mcu set piece of T'Challa fighting Zanda as she shape shifts into Okoye, or Shuri,or Nakia, or to really f with him, his mom, or dad. And if Coogler wanted to give Mbjmonger another small Cameo she could change into him too at some point during the fight.

They could really have a ton of fun with it, especially in her debut scene..
    Yup. BP 2 gets it's "bigger" and "grander" action stuff that people are asking about, and it's all still mytho-contained. And we showcase another mytho-villain for audiences to fall in love with.

And we get the GOAT cameo by Thrillmonger, via Zanda's shenanigans lmao

Thorne's Zanda would be the next Harley Quinn but more cinematic. Only problem is, upon her new-found global popularity, Marvel may try to side step Thorne and give the inevitable Zanda solo book to whatsherface writing the Shuri book lol. At which point, we all would have to riot.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Acebe and White Wolf seem like they'd be prime candidates for the sequels, since they are inherently very political and topical.
    White WOlf is sort of interesting, given they already gave the name to Bucky. But in theory that could simply mean there's more than one. Maybe Bucky reminded them of the original.

I'm definately a fan of both characters, and I think we'll see them show up sooner or later. HOwever, I think they both strike me more as sub-bosses rather than the main boss in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    HOwever, I think they both strike me more as sub-bosses rather than the main boss in a movie.
    You could say the same thing about Killmonger. Hell, he WAS the Mandarin's slave at one point. Yet the movie had no problem upgrading him to boss status.

I'm upping my last will and testament...

Last night my son bought me the Funko Pop Chrome Black Panther!

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...re-383/fu33520
    Get Hectic!

You could say the same thing about Killmonger. Hell, he WAS the Mandarin's slave at one point. Yet the movie had no problem upgrading him to boss status.
    Fair point. Neither are probably considered top tier BP rogues, but the movies can always be used to elevate them to that point.

Ultimate Member

He sort of already has that in White Wolf though. And Killmonger to a lesser degree. Though I do think both probably need upgrades to some degree.

It's almost weird to say Killmonger needs an upgrade since he's beaten T'Challa several times. If you buy Priest and Hudlin retconning away some of Killmongers zombie loses, he's never really lost to T'Challa. So on paper Killmonger seems fine. But I still can't help but think Killmonger is the slight underdog when they fight, despite his win loss record.
    White Wolf and Killmonger are more political threats than anything else, though.

White Wolf seeks to force T'Challa to compromise himself, and Killmonger's bit is forcing T'Challa into a political fight that ends in a fist fight.

He doesn't have many enemies who are good enough to get past his security and/or hold their own in a fight against him. And hell, a professional killer should see T'Challa as the kill that would make their rep. I'd like to see a few dedicated to trying.

Ultimate Member

White WOlf is sort of interesting, given they already gave the name to Bucky. But in theory that could simply mean there's more than one. Maybe Bucky reminded them of the original.

I'm definately a fan of both characters, and I think we'll see them show up sooner or later. HOwever, I think they both strike me more as sub-bosses rather than the main boss in a movie.
    I think Loki swiped Hunter's 'well intentioned nationalist' bit, though, and Achebe was treated more an an annoyance, only a real threat because of the people backing him (CIA, and, ya know, the Devil). T'Challa/Priest dismissed him as a fool, and while Achebe is far from harmless, he's only been a real threat because he's had the devil's luck

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    White Wolf and Killmonger are more political threats than anything else, though.

White Wolf seeks to force T'Challa to compromise himself, and Killmonger's bit is forcing T'Challa into a political fight that ends in a fist fight.

He doesn't have many enemies who are good enough to get past his security and/or hold their own in a fight against him. And hell, a professional killer should see T'Challa as the kill that would make their rep. I'd like to see a few dedicated to trying.
    Kraven might be interesting in that role. Coogler actually wanted to use him at one point but was told he couldn't. It's possible he can use him now. I say possible because obviously I have no idea... maybe the Spidey movies have dibs or something.

I think Loki swiped Hunter's 'well intentioned nationalist' bit, though, and Achebe was treated more an an annoyance, only a real threat because of the people backing him (CIA, and, ya know, the Devil). T'Challa/Priest dismissed him as a fool, and while Achebe is far from harmless, he's only been a real threat because he's had the devil's luck
    And I think that's why I sort of felt he feels more like a sub boss. He's a very cool character. And his unpredictability making it somewhat harder for T'Challa to deal with him is a nice touch. But I think by design there has to be someone behind Achebe to really make him work. He could sort of be the front man if say Mandarin or Doom or whatever wanted to make inroads in Wakanda.

Ultimate Member

Kraven might be interesting in that role. Coogler actually wanted to use him at one point but was told he couldn't. It's possible he can use him now. I say possible because obviously I have no idea... maybe the Spidey movies have dibs or something.
    I dislike using Kraven if only because he will forever belong to Spidey.

But hell, the archetype is excellent to throw against T'Challa. I will continue to endorse the idea of a Kree alien predator gunning for him

I dislike using Kraven if only because he will forever belong to Spidey.

But hell, the archetype is excellent to throw against T'Challa. I will continue to endorse the idea of a Kree alien predator gunning for him
    In the comics, that's true. Movies could POSSIBLY steal him though... Ant-Man used Ghost. Not like Iron Man needed him.

But yeah... it would be nice if BP had it's own hunter type character. Thematically it certainly works with the character. Maybe a new Elder of the Universe can show up one day with a sort of hunter type theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Yup. BP 2 gets it's "bigger" and "grander" action stuff that people are asking about, and it's all still mytho-contained. And we showcase another mytho-villain for audiences to fall in love with.

And we get the GOAT cameo by Thrillmonger, via Zanda's shenanigans lmao

Thorne's Zanda would be the next Harley Quinn but more cinematic. Only problem is, upon her new-found global popularity, Marvel may try to side step Thorne and give the inevitable Zanda solo book to whatsherface writing the Shuri book lol. At which point, we all would have to riot.
    That's the beauty of these African female characters, there aren't a dime a dozen like other female characters so they standout. In Zandas case she can be at Azulas level of deadliness, but with s little more charm. And yeah she can be bigger then Harley for sure. She just needs to pop up in the movie and stir up trouble with her unique power set..

As for Nnedi, she is already 0/3 for BP and his world. I'm Sure she would be great for moon girl, but Thorne should be the one to do Zandas story. He afterall has made her a superstar

And I think that's why I sort of felt he feels more like a sub boss. He's a very cool character. And his unpredictability making it somewhat harder for T'Challa to deal with him is a nice touch. But I think by design there has to be someone behind Achebe to really make him work. He could sort of be the front man if say Mandarin or Doom or whatever wanted to make inroads in Wakanda.
    I'm actually surprised Mandarin hasn't made a play for Wakanda's resources more often. Plundering other people's resources has always been kind of his thing, right back to his origin.

I'm actually surprised Mandarin hasn't made a play for Wakanda's resources more often. Plundering other people's resources has always been kind of his thing, right back to his origin.
    Given they did reveal a REAL Mandarin exists, I'm freaking waiting for him to make a play for ANYTHING.

I don't think it can be Iron Man at this point so yeah... Black Panter might be the most logical place for him to show up. And it sort of works if they go for the 007 vibe with T'Challa. Going to some exotic place to deal with a guy like Mandarin might be cool.

But it's a non-BP rogue like Doom, so some understandably might take issue with that. Though I suppose if he at least shared the spotlight with a BP rogue it would be okay.

I was thinking purely in terms of the comics. Iron Man's solo-movies are over, so I doubt we'll ever see anymore of his solo-villains, even if Downey signs on for another long round of Avengers movies.