Page 41 of 744 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Frankly, I'm confident they will stay dead.

Movies are epics in hour form. They had their climaxes, they had their time in the sun and moved their franchises forward. They may get some form of legacy, but that's it.

I dunno why everyone wants Doom next. Nothing about Latveria has been established, Doom's time on the big screen has been underwhelming 3 times now. Just making him credible would take time away from T'Challa

Even if we get a good Doom, that should be a climax to his three movies. Panther 3, not Panther 2.
    If you can make Killmonger credible without taking away from T'Challa, you can make Doom or ANY villain credible without taking away from them. Since the hero beats the villain in the end any investment in making the villain credible will likely return to the hero anyways.

Villains SHOULD be made credible. Otherwise, what's the point?

But for the record, I don't necessarily think Doom will or should be the primary antagonist in the next BP movie. Again, I think Doom is more an Avenger level character that likely should be built up slowly over several movies rather than just acting as a one and done villain for any ONE hero. I'm merely entertaining the notion that IF Coogler wanted to tell a Doom story, he could. Doom can work in that capacity.

Why do you think people want Doomwar adapted? In Hopes Dooms debut in the mcu is him "losing" but Wakanda and T'Challa actually feeling the loss while he walks away relatively unscathed. Yet they want to pretend Doom war wsd this great epic and not total ass
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-17-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Gremlin: "Doomwar was the greatest story arc ever!"

Flex Hectic: "Hey who hacked my account... Gosh Dang Darn Doo Hickey Gremlins again!"

Who has some anti-Gremlin repellant spray handy these critters are all up in the Kool-aid and don't know the flavor!

(Resets CBR password and sets up giant sized mouse traps)
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Why do you think people want Doomwar adapted? I. Hopes Dooms debut in the mcu is hon "losing" but Wakanda and T'Challa actually feeling the loss while he walks away relatively unscathed. Yet they want to pretend Doom war wsd this great epic and not total ass
    I would imagine people want Doom War adapted because a conflict between Doom and T'Challa would be pretty darn cool. They actually match up well.

T'Challa isnt just a single hero... he potentially has the power of an entire nation behind him. There aren't a lot of villains who could present a credible threat to him at his peak. Doom is one of those who can.

THe funnest conflicts (IMO at least) are those where the villain is actually more dangerous than the hero. Those are the ones which push the hero the hardest, and there are few villains who can push T'Challa as hard as Doom. So yes, it's a match up some might want to see.

Again though, I don't think they will or should go that route. I still believe DOom is more an Avenger level threat than an antagonist or any single hero. If they were to adopt Doom War in SOME manner it would probably be more an Avengers film than a BP film.

Black Panther's solo movies are going to make his own mytho villains credible.

Doom War ain't happening. People need to get over it and cry to someone else to help their Doom-bae. T'Challa will kick his ass in an Avengers movie soon enough
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Doom is an FF villain, as is Namor, fundamentally.

I don't think either off them showing up to fight BP prior to whatever they plan on with the FF. (i have no insider data on anything. just my opinion).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you can make Killmonger credible without taking away from T'Challa, you can make Doom or ANY villain credible without taking away from them. Since the hero beats the villain in the end any investment in making the villain credible will likely return to the hero anyways.

Villains SHOULD be made credible. Otherwise, what's the point?

But for the record, I don't necessarily think Doom will or should be the primary antagonist in the next BP movie. Again, I think Doom is more an Avenger level character that likely should be built up slowly over several movies rather than just acting as a one and done villain for any ONE hero. I'm merely entertaining the notion that IF Coogler wanted to tell a Doom story, he could. Doom can work in that capacity.
    Killmonger's story paralleled T'Challa's, and was a part of Wakanda's greater story.

Doom...not so much

Killmonger's story paralleled T'Challa's, and was a part of Wakanda's greater story.

Doom...not so much
    If Coogler can't work Doom into whatever story he wants to tell, then he won't use him it's all moot.

Again, no one is saying he HAS to use Doom or even will. But if he wants to tell a story with those two throwing down, then I think it's doable.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    What I don't understand is why people think an MCU movie is going to "adapt" any comics story.

At the very most, the movies are inspired by the comics, but the movies are neither reliant on, nor beholden to, their similarly-named antecedents.
    technically any movie based on a comic book is an "adaptation." they may not necessarily adapt a single storyline (could be elements of many mashed into one) but its still adapted. Its a liberty that the filmmakers have.

Actually Doom is arguably a Killmonger who won. He was a despised minority whose father was murdered by his country's rule. He then became a terrorist and eventually deposed that ruler. That's at least a spiritual connection.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In the BP movie Tchalla did lose to Killmonger. He was dethroned and nearly killed. So its possible for a hero to get dragged through the mud provided they win in the end.
    Must have watched a different movie. Monger was illegitimate. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

I don't think either off them showing up to fight BP prior to whatever they plan on with the FF. (i have no insider data on anything. just my opinion).
    As it should be, yet folks think T'Challa needs outside help to be bigger then 1.3 billy, 3rd movie in domestic history to hit 700 mill.....

Incredible Member

Frankly, I'm confident they will stay dead.

Movies are epics in hour form. They had their climaxes, they had their time in the sun and moved their franchises forward. They may get some form of legacy, but that's it.

I dunno why everyone wants Doom next. Nothing about Latveria has been established, Doom's time on the big screen has been underwhelming 3 times now. Just making him credible would take time away from T'Challa

Even if we get a good Doom, that should be a climax to his three movies. Panther 3, not Panther 2.
    Im confident Klaw is dead, Killmonger not so much. Klaw has no more use in the MCU. Killmonger was extremely wellreceived, didnt get a clear death onscreen and has a knack for resurrecting in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

Yes Doom and Namor began as FF anatoginist but over years in a share universe they have become Black Panther antagonist as well. Over last couple years Namor has become one of the biggest BP villains. FF has wealth of villains like Annihilus, Super Skrull, Mole Man , Galactus, Molecule Man, Kang ,The Wizard ,etc which they can lean on and should lean on, FF failure has been nobody seems to have plan beyond their origins and similar approach to what MCU is doing with Spiderman is need where they using other villains than expected ones . Depending on Marvel approach in bring FF and fox characters to the MCU will depend on how use able Doom or Namor could be for other properties. If after the Avengers 4, They are grandfathered into universe then Doom and Namor are fair game. If they introducing the characters as new history then yes all FF villains should show up in their movie first. That's how I see it

You are probably the best person to answer this question because of your work on the cartoon and you had to with Coogler and company has to do. How do you feel about Black Panther's rogue gallery? Has it been easy transitioning them to modern setting or was more work than expected ? What villains are looking forward to use in cartoon in the future obviously (we understand if you can't talk about episodes that aren't release or future plans for cartoon if it is renewed or expanded on)

Lastly if Marvel and Ryan Coogler came to for advice on what Villian to use in Black Panther 2 who would recommend they use?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yes Doom and Namor began as FF anatoginist but over years in a share universe they have become Black Panther antagonist as well. Over last couple years Namor has become one of the biggest BP villains. FF has wealth of villains like Annihilus, Super Skrull, Mole Man , Galactus, Molecule Man, Kang ,The Wizard ,etc which they can lean on and should lean on, FF failure has been nobody seems to have plan beyond their origins and similar approach to what MCU is doing with Spiderman is need where they using other villains than expected ones . Depending on Marvel approach in bring FF and fox characters to the MCU will depend on how use able Doom or Namor could be for other properties. If after the Avengers 4, They are grandfathered into universe then Doom and Namor are fair game. If they introducing the characters as new history then yes all FF villains should show up in their movie first. That's how I see it
    Personally, I think of Dr. Doom as almost exclusively a Fantastic Four villain. I wasn't a fan of DOOM WAR and wouldn't want a repeat in any other venue. That's just me. I think basically the same of Namor. I don't think it's likely either of those characters will make their debuts as part of BP's story and Doom, in particular, will almost certainly be linked with whatever version of the FF Marvel does LONG before he is with any other hero or team.

The reason we built the SHADOW COUNCIL this season was because i very much wanted to have BP-specific rogues that were both African and global. Marvel did too.

You are probably the best person to answer this question because of your work on the cartoon and you had to with Coogler and company has to do. How do you feel about Black Panther's rogue gallery?
    For me, I think they're mostly weak, so far, but all could easily be modified and made awesome. You saw what we did with Zanda. People seem to really like her which makes me REALLY happy. You can do that with any villain. Any. Even the Stiltman.

Has it been easy transitioning them to modern setting or was more work than expected ? What villains are looking forward to use in cartoon in the future obviously (we understand if you can't talk about episodes that aren't release or future plans for cartoon if it is renewed or expanded on)
    it was fun and easy. There were a lot of characters we rejected using for one reason or other but i love our Shadow Council and would love to make up or rework ALL of the BP rogues to make them real contenders.

Lastly if Marvel and Ryan Coogler came to for advice on what Villian to use in Black Panther 2 who would recommend they use?
    Man... those guys aren't asking me for input on anything. But I'd push Zanda if i could. I'd bring back Klaue as a sonic energy being (already have it mapped out in my head). Their spin on M'Baku was WAY different than ours so I guess I wouldn't bother with that. And I'd toss out Mephisto in favor of Set or some other African deity. i do have a bunch of notions but I'm not in a position to do anything with them right now either on TV or in the comics. We always have to pitch stories to MARVEL and then they decide what they want to do.

Also, a lot of you guys are more into the "game of thrones" aspect of BP than I am. I like the James Bond/Hero version more than the King Over All version. This is possibly why my pitches for the character in comics weren't taken.

I'd love to write a Zanda miniseries or something about the focus of this week's episode, YEMANDI, but I'm not sure how well our version lines up with what's been set up in the current comics.