Page 45 of 744 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145545 ... LastLast

You're assuming everyone here is a Doom supporter. Check out my posts in other threads: I don't even like Doom, I consider him cheesey and archaic. I simply find it inaccurate to call a Gypsy a white-supremacist.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    By ancestry, he's this: Of course, comic artists tend to draw everyone who isn't black as looking white, even Jubilee, who has round blue eyes in a lot of comicbooks.
    Long ago Sailor Moon taught me that.

That said, I'm sure there are lighter and darker skinned gypies... not that it matters.

The only Doom story I want to see is the one where Doom stiffs Luke Cage on $200 and he flies all the way to Latvia to beat the ever living stuffing out of Victor
    The J-man

BANNED

Everyone with melanin in their skin has African DNA. That's where human melanin started. So called Gypies, Asain and Hispanic can be white or black. The first people of them are Africans. They mixed with whites to remove the melanin.
    Last edited by goku200; 01-18-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Incredible Member

By ancestry, he's this: Of course, comic artists tend to draw everyone who isn't black as looking white, even Jubilee, who has round blue eyes in a lot of comicbooks.

Why do I get the feeling this is not a gypsy but instead is a modern day Indian. I get the feeling you are trying to pull a fast one. Romani people are several generations out of India. There are plenty of Romani people that are of lighter complexion. From I have seen Romani people often look like lighter skinned Persians or other ethnic groups that come from the Caucasus Mountains region.

Either way there are plenty of people from the forementioned areas that could be described as "White supremacists." Remember, Romani people descend from the Indo-Aryan people. The same people that instituted a caste system based on skin color in India, which one of the worlds most popular white supremacists, Hitler, found so inspiring that he stole their swag for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Why do I get the feeling this is not a gypsy but instead is a modern day Indian. I get the feeling you are trying to pull a fast one.
    Wrong. I got it from an article specifically about Gypsies: https://people.howstuffworks.com/gypsy4.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    They think arguing Doom is a racist gypsy and not a racist "white" guy is a moral victory.

They dont even know what they're arguing for anymore. Doom War ain't happening for BP 2 tho, and it burns their souls
    Yea it doesn't even matter at this point, it's been clearly shown, on panel, that Doom is racist. Call him gypsy, it doesn't matter, point is, since way back when, he has been drawn looking like a white male with white features, spouting racists ass isht. Call it whatever, at this point Doom IS white and he IS racist. Period he has been shown that way in every medium

Incredible Member

You're assuming everyone here is a Doom supporter. Check out my posts in other threads: I don't even like Doom, I consider him cheesey and archaic. I simply find it inaccurate to call a Gypsy a white-supremacist.
    If you define white supremacist in the narrow terms of blonde-haired blue eyed troglodyte that either wears hoods at night to go burning crosses or wears a swastikas while they march with Tiki torches then no he is not. But the term "white" is more expansive than that and to be a supremacist you have to be create or be apart a system of dominance. Doom is no doubt a "supremacist." Furthermore based on the panels listed above his rhetoric reflects that of one who discriminates based on race, particularly that of viewing persons that happen to be Black as not being smart, honorable, or worthy of dignity based on their own natural selves. We can argue whether or not Doom views himself as "white" but his rhetoric clearly reflects that of a white supremacists. I wonder has he ever had similar thoughts bout other groups of people who are not Black. Saying "Doom sees himself as superior to everyone" is not good enough either as his statements about Wakandans was about the inherent state of their personhood.

Technically, those who say Victor is not a white supremacist are correct.

He's a Doom-supremacist. All are inferior to Doom!

Politically Correct 101-

Doom: "BAH, Doom is no racist Doom is but merely... Culturally Challenged!"

Doctor Harlene Quinzel: "Next patient please!"

District Attorney Harvey Dent: "There's two sides to everything!"

Get Hectic!

BANNED

Doom is a Caucasian gypsy Male..

I'm not understanding the disconnect..

Who said Gypsy...

Get Hectic!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yea it doesn't even matter at this point, it's been clearly shown, on panel, that Doom is racist. Call him gypsy, it doesn't matter, point is, since way back when, he has been drawn looking like a white male with white features, spouting racists ass isht. Call it whatever, at this point Doom IS white and he IS racist. Period he has been shown that way in every medium
    If we can ignore Hudlin's cure for cancer, we can ignore him depicting Doom as a racist, and that dumb ass Blade follow up.

Fair?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    If we can ignore Hudlin's cure for cancer, we can ignore him depicting Doom as a racist, and that dumb ass Blade follow up.

Fair?
    Why would we ignore the cure for cancer? What Blade follow up?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Fair?
    MoS posted scans that predated Hudlin's depiction of Doom (which was in continuity with how Doom actually acts so it's not like Hudlin made it up on the spot). I mean if we are being real, that's how Doom is, a racist sexist looking white male, which as this point, he is a white male. blame artists and editorial for that I guess.

There is nothing wrong with Wakanda having the cure for cancer because the reason for why they didn't share it made complete sense on multiple levels. Most BP fans aren't bothered by that, it's mainly non fans that were outraged
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-18-2019 at 09:14 PM.