Page 20 of 744 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120520 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is there really a high enough population of... voodoo'ers? that it matters? (I really don't know lol)
    Voodoo/Vodou/Hoodoo, along with related practices like Santeria & Candomble, are BIG parts of Creole & Afro-Caribbean culture. Are there enough practitioners to make an impact on ticket sales? I don't know, but I doubt Marvel Studios wants to risk it.

I'm assuming Voodoo can already teleport, don't really need Eden around.
    He can, by invoking the loa. This is often accompanied by smoke and the sound of drums.

Regarding his look, I rather like the outfit he had at the end of Avengers #690:

Maybe not the big earrings, tho.

As for his backstory, given that Jericho is canonically an accredited psychologist, I'd swipe an idea Priest used for Shadowman back in the Acclaim days, and make him a late-night jazz DJ in New Orleans who uses "Doctor Voodoo" as his nom du micro.

It was a great bit, and it always annoyed me that the publisher didn't do more with it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020817.../shadowman.htm
    Last edited by DigiCom; 01-08-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Oh, and could someone PLEASE fix the typo in the thread title? It's triggering my OCD something awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Pantherjack by late round stoppage. 11th round tko; Victor's mom gon throw in the towel
    I want to see Doom beaten and broken at T'Challas feet like T'Challa had to suffer from without any retribution for far too long

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Oh, and could someone PLEASE fix the typo in the thread title? It's triggering my OCD something awful.
    I tried to fix it when I realized my mistake, it's been bugging me ever since as well lol. But I don't think I can just edit the title

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    here's my feeling- just mine.

Marvel decided they wanted to change direction style-wise and, to a degree, content-wise. This is part of why I was brought in. I think the tone change started during SECRET WARS. My mandate was to take it all the way. the redesign of both our show and the Spidey show is part of that as well. The styles of these shows is basically visually consistent, with Spidey debuting well in advance of BPQ.

Personally I love the new designs. Ant-Man was awesome. Bearded Thor? Come ON! Awesome.
    This was a nice crossover with Spider-Man. Now I'm not following that show, but it felt like it had some cross-continuity going for it.

Is there a push against saying "kill"? I notice it wasn't said this episode. I remember in the 90s that was a rule they had but I wasn't sure if that was still in effect.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    This was a nice crossover with Spider-Man. Now I'm not following that show, but it felt like it had some cross-continuity going for it.

Is there a push against saying "kill"? I notice it wasn't said this episode. I remember in the 90s that was a rule they had but I wasn't sure if that was still in effect.
    in general, in American TV animation, the word "kill" is either forbidden outright or aggressively frowned upon.

Personally I've always found this to be a stupid and counterproductive rule and always try to ignore it. Sometimes we can, other times not.

yes, I hate it.

yes, it's stupid.

Other than raising zombies one time, talking to dead spirits, and a spear... what are you referring to exactly?

"durability" is my smallest category and it still has 9 feats (with more coming, im just really behind).
    Admittedly, it is the least developed aspect of the character, but I’ll try to list as many examples as I can:

Mephisto- It was the mystical bond BP shares with Bast and his ancestors that ultimately enabled that victory (really a triple duty feat of prep, tech,and mystical)

Shadow Physics- the successful melding of Quantum Science and Ancient Alchemy. This frankly, should be a HUGE deal. This is a unique edge that no other hero I can think of, can boast. Then under that umbrella we got other things like:
    -the creation of The Nowhere Room
    - the teleportation feat onto Galactus’ ship

Shadow Combat- the fusion of Wakandan and K’un-Lun fighting styles, that he used to one shot Spitfire in telekinetic armor, while wearing a speedo(also a combat feat)

King of the Dead- This also should be a much bigger deal than it’s been treated as so far. The knowledge,skills and memories of his ancestors going back 10,000 years, should make a polymath like T’Challa an absolute prep god. He should be Marvel’s Kwisatz Haderach. The other KOTD abilities we’ve seen so far:
    -Summoning the the spirits of his ancestors
    - the purple talon “boxing glove” things he used to fight Namor
    - commanding the undead
    - the Soul Spear attack
    - soul tracking (I like this because it’s unique, and separates BP from the feral trackers)

The Tiger God- T’Challa single-handedly confronts,and subdues, a Primal god; then wields its full power to deliver the coup de gras to Logos, a Cosmic Entity

That’s pretty much everything I could think of, I admit some of them may be a reach, but I hope it helps

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    in general, in American TV animation, the word "kill" is either forbidden outright or aggressively frowned upon.

Personally I've always found this to be a stupid and counterproductive rule and always try to ignore it. Sometimes we can, other times not.

yes, I hate it.

yes, it's stupid.
    Yeah, it's pretty standard so I was fine with it. I was shocked when Marvel Rising came out and used the "K-word" (as an animated Deadpool once put it) pretty liberally.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
    Admittedly, it is the least developed aspect of the character, but I’ll try to list as many examples as I can:

Mephisto- It was the mystical bond BP shares with Bast and his ancestors that ultimately enabled that victory (really a triple duty feat of prep, tech,and mystical)

Shadow Physics- the successful melding of Quantum Science and Ancient Alchemy. This frankly, should be a HUGE deal. This is a unique edge that no other hero I can think of, can boast. Then under that umbrella we got other things like:
    -the creation of The Nowhere Room
    - the teleportation feat onto Galactus’ ship

Shadow Combat- the fusion of Wakandan and K’un-Lun fighting styles, that he used to one shot Spitfire in telekinetic armor, while wearing a speedo(also a combat feat)

King of the Dead- This also should be a much bigger deal than it’s been treated as so far. The knowledge,skills and memories of his ancestors going back 10,000 years, should make a polymath like T’Challa an absolute prep god. He should be Marvel’s Kwisatz Haderach. The other KOTD abilities we’ve seen so far:
    -Summoning the the spirits of his ancestors
    - the purple talon “boxing glove” things he used to fight Namor
    - commanding the undead
    - the Soul Spear attack
    - soul tracking (I like this because it’s unique, and separates BP from the feral trackers)

The Tiger God- T’Challa single-handedly confronts,and subdues, a Primal god; then wields its full power to deliver the coup de gras to Logos, a Cosmic Entity

That’s pretty much everything I could think of, I admit some of them may be a reach, but I hope it helps
    See, I have all these feats listed (or in the to be listed file) it is just some of those fit better in other categories (senses, tech, prep) moreso than "mystic feats"

Now, if some of that stuff was actually expanded on in panel like it should, then they become much more important. But, a lot of it is so damn vague it is useless for a rumbles type feat list. And I have a very very very very strict feats policiy of leaving conjecture out of it. It has to be explicit or it doesn't count.

For example, soul tracking. Cool ass name, cool colors... seems absolutely no different than tracking smell lol. mystic spear... cool! feats.... acts like a pointy stick lol.

Show us Shadow Physics actually doing something cool.
    Show us the spear breaking a magical barrier of some sort. Have it rip through Doom's armor or something.
    Show us T'challa tracking something Logan/Sabertooth/animals can't because it is more than simply a sense of smell.

I'll think about it though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Avengers is pure set up by the way and a full T'challa issue

I have no real reason why and it really is just Aaron wanting to go a little "wacky Aaron" but I actually enjoyed the Agents of Wakanda ****.

I can justify it as prep master T'challa seeing potential in un orthodox people with weird power sets and being able to put hte weird pieces of the puzzle where they belong.

and I am here for the last page reveal! all day everyday YES GIVE IT TO ME!

Eventually, i am going to assume being leader of the Avengers while at hte same time working with the All-Father while at hte same time having operatives all over the place is eventually going ot blow up in T'challa's face but... that's comics I suppose lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 01-09-2019 at 06:21 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Avengers is pure set up by the way and a full T'challa issue

and I am here for the last page reveal!
    And with that last page, my manchild comic book fandom has reached it's zenith

I didn't know i'd been waiting for that moment all my life until that page.

"What the man is trying to say..."
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

I change my mind, Trevante Rhodes should play Blade. Wesley can cameo

N'Kano as Wakandan Gon (hxh)

MCU Okoye is going to be leader/director of whatever A-Force movie in 5 years

MCU BP and MCU Doom are going to have one of those Thanos/Stark confrontations a decade from now in Avengers: Secret Wars. Chad will be 50yrs old!
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

BANNED

All I know I went full hype mode reading the Avengers lol especially The Last page..

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    And with that last page, my manchild comic book fandom has reached it's zenith

I didn't know i'd been waiting for that moment all my life until that page.

"What the man is trying to say..."
    I'm about ot get T'challa, Thor and spoiler all on the same team.

(Now I just need an good story. I'll settle for good lol)

It is all downhill for me here lol. When the next avengers team is invariably lead by Hawkeye with Scarlet Witch and Hank on it, I'll know it is itme for me to quit comics lol

Aside from Nemesis I've wanted to see most of these guys team up forever.

Agents of Wakanda is basically what I'd throw together for a Dark Avengers book.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum