Page 23 of 744 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123523 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It's a rotating position right? By the time War of Realms rolls around and the Avengers are dealing with it, a person relevant to that arc will be the new member?
    Yes.

Same position held by Strange before that. And I believe Iron Fist is supposed to be showing up eventually
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    There is one inviteable fact that T'Challa isn't always be leader of the Avengers and pretty much the default setting of Black Panther is isolanist. Why is this important because putting the concept out in the air now opens it up for when T'Challa inevitable has bitter split up with Avengers and Agents of Wakanda really become "The Agents of Wakanda".

It is a win win Black Panthers fans if the concept stick around as then Agents of Wakanda is the default Shield organization in Marvel and Black Panther becomes sort of Nick Fury spymaster role making him and wakanda key players in stories. If the concept doesn't stick around the idea of bunch of Wakanda agents is a brilliant idea which I think just about everyone see that and I will be surprised if it isn't used in the future.
    The concept ("Agents of Wakanda") is also very cinematic. So is Okoye being "Shield Director" of it.

Comic wise, it finally gives her something to do and an avenue to flesh her character out. I can see nuNakia joining the group.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yes.

Same position held by Strange before that. And I believe Iron Fist is supposed to be showing up eventually
    First thing T'Challa does as Avenger's chairman is hire a black man to take Stephen's position and hire a black woman as new director of a black-country owned Shield.

If black twitter knew about this, the memes would be incredible
    Black Panther vs Thor

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I hate to deviate from the topic a bit but I'm still in Nigeria for the holidays and a friend invited me to a public lecture being held at the National Open University of Nigeria. It was being given by Prof. Horace G. Campbell who is a scholar, "academic activist" and Professor of African American Studies and Political Science at Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York. The topic was on African universities, pan-African liberation and scholarship, and reparations.

The gist of it all was that African universities and schools need a change in curriculum which teach students of their own history, as well as African science and mathematics, that African countries need reparations for the millions of stolen African cultural artefacts which contain secrets of African art and science, and Africa needs to be liberated from colonisation both past and present, economic and mental subjugation. Campbell talked about a whole lot which was new, inspiring, uplifting, and rooted in the beliefs of Afrofuturism and African science and mathematics which I still really need to digest (I have a recording of the lecture that I need to listen to again) and I will try to discuss with you all ASAP. It is very relevant to what we talk about sometimes here and of course it is knowledge for all.

I also should add that the Black Panther movie got a shout out in his lecture both directly and indirectly. He asked around for those who watched the film, and part of his lecture definitely recalled Killmonger's museum scene and T'Challa's "One Single Tribe" message, and he also briefly talked about Wakanda and what made them so special. Shuri (and Letitia Wright) in particular he talked about, talking about how she as an African girl operates with the best technology in the world, and the movie intentionally was meant to entice the minds of young Africans to go into scientific fields and know more about African science and math.

I just wanted to share that. It was one hell of a lecture even without the BP references. But really for us and for me, this is what it's really about. So many things he said just resonated with me as an African, a Nigerian, and a BP fan. And that movie was really all kinds of special.

Yes.

We can probably assume that every hero who has an analogue in the 1bill bc team will take a turn on the rotating spot if they're not already on the team. So that probably means Iron Fist, Jean, and maybe a new Star Brand will end up on there sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I hate to deviate from the topic a bit but I'm still in Nigeria for the holidays and a friend invited me to a public lecture being held at the National Open University of Nigeria. It was being given by Prof. Horace G. Campbell who is a scholar, "academic activist" and Professor of African American Studies and Political Science at Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York. The topic was on African universities, pan-African liberation and scholarship, and reparations.

The gist of it all was that African universities and schools need a change in curriculum which teach students of their own history, as well as African science and mathematics, that African countries need reparations for the millions of stolen African cultural artefacts which contain secrets of African art and science, and Africa needs to be liberated from colonisation both past and present, economic and mental subjugation. Campbell talked about a whole lot which was new, inspiring, uplifting, and rooted in the beliefs of Afrofuturism and African science and mathematics which I still really need to digest (I have a recording of the lecture that I need to listen to again) and I will try to discuss with you all ASAP. It is very relevant to what we talk about sometimes here and of course it is knowledge for all.

I also should add that the Black Panther movie got a shout out in his lecture both directly and indirectly. He asked around for those who watched the film, and part of his lecture definitely recalled Killmonger's museum scene and T'Challa's "One Single Tribe" message, and he also briefly talked about Wakanda and what made them so special. Shuri (and Letitia Wright) in particular he talked about, talking about how she as an African girl operates with the best technology in the world, and the movie intentionally was meant to entice the minds of young Africans to go into scientific fields and know more about African science and math.

I just wanted to share that. It was one hell of a lecture even without the BP references. But really for us and for me, this is what it's really about. So many things he said just resonated with me as an African, a Nigerian, and a BP fan. And that movie was really all kinds of special.
    This is awesome. Thanks for sharing bro
    Black Panther vs Thor

Wait, African's in African aren't taught their own history? what are they learning?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Can you upload the recording somewhere and post a link in the diversity thread? I'd like to hear the lecture.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    This is awesome. Thanks for sharing bro
    No problem. And somethings I remembered now include African fractals which have a link to modern computing, and the Chokwe mask and people of Congo whose women and sand paths (it's some kind of cultural art) contains something called the Eulerian path which is some kind of algorithm. He talks about how Western scholars like Aristotle rejected African mathematics because it used infinity and was the mathematics and geometry of nature.

Wait, African's in African aren't taught their own history? what are they learning?
    I can't speak for other African countries, but in Nigeria most schools (I think a lot if not ALL schools) don't really teach Nigerian history. It was banned by the government some time ago. He also asked if anyone in the audience knew about the Battle of Cuito Cuanavale which no one did. It's one of the most significant events of African liberation and most people don't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Can you upload the recording somewhere and post a link in the diversity thread? I'd like to hear the lecture.
    It's an audio recording but I'll see what I can do.

I can't speak for other African countries, but in Nigeria most schools (I think a lot if not ALL schools) don't really teach Nigerian history. It was banned by the government some time ago. He also asked if anyone in the audience knew about the Battle of Cuito Cuanavale which no one did. It's one of the most significant events of African liberation and most people don't know it.
    errr... why? what history is being taught then? Just general world history stuff?

errr... why? what history is being taught then? Just general world history stuff?
    Some Nigerian schools use the British curriculum so yeah, British history.

Why is it not taught there? Well, why else wouldn't you teach people their history? To keep them in a certain state of mental thinking, to hide certain truths, general corruption etc.

I mean, I think last year or 2017 it was reintroduced or ordered to be reintroduced. For some time it wasn't there.

Some Nigerian schools use the British curriculum so yeah, British history.

Why is it not taught there? Well, why else wouldn't you teach people their history? To keep them in a certain state of mental thinking, to hide certain truths, general corruption etc.

I mean, I think last year or 2017 it was reintroduced or ordered to be reintroduced. For some time it wasn't there.
    Africa is just a sad situation (at a surface, americanized, barely know anything vantage point anyway)

then again, a lot of the world is just sad everywhere.

I always assumed Nigera was farther "ahead "than that.

Africa is just a sad situation (at a surface, americanized, barely know anything vantage point anyway)

then again, a lot of the world is just sad everywhere.

I always assumed Nigera was farther "ahead "than that.
    There's good, there have been a lot of advances, but it's still pretty sad.

Nigeria is pretty sad too, especially for the last decade or so. We have a lot of pride, sometimes it is arrogance. I don't even live there but I can tell you it is a mess. Good country to be proud of saying I am from there but it is a mess no less.

My folks, who grew up there, will concur that it is a mess. You would think Nigeria would lead the charge to prominence in Afrika, but it's gonna be left behind at the rate it's going. A number of ppl were so hyped when ol buddy got elected president a few years ago because of his no-nonsense militant ways but, when every fabric of government and financial institution is corrupt and in cahoots, one guy ain't gonna change that.. assuming he even is what ppl hope he is.
    Black Panther vs Thor

What's crazy is that the USA has it's share of currupt greedy officials; i mean we're all getting fukked over with college tuition/student loans, health insurance premiums, hidden fees in shitty 401ks, back-stabbing banks and brokers, the prison industrial complex, etc,... but it's like damn at least those dickheads have a sense of pride to keep the lights running in the country. For how prideful Nigerians are, and for how great we are as foreigners in other countries (most educated ethnic group in the USA, ahead of Indians and Asians), you would think the currupt dickheads in the native country would get tired of being a laughing stock to the rest of the world. But i guess they're too busy in London or Dubai showing off their luxury vehicles while the generators can barely flicker on for their fellow country men.

Thanos needs to snap his fingers and dust half of them fukks
    Black Panther vs Thor