Page 34 of 744 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Why is it so hard for some people to understand this is a matter of opinion, and not a "right or wrong" situation?

I don't think it's overrated, and I'm not gonna pretend I'm right and you're wrong just because I think that way.
    I can understand the fuzz behind the film,but it certainly had it's flaws and tends to be overrated in some critics. But as someone who like T'challa as a character,it was a good film and a nice depart from the regular MCU formula.Hell, give me more Black Panther type of films over Guardians of the Galaxy.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Thanks for the Zanda love.

I agree. BP has plenty of potential A List Rogues. Somebody just needs to take them seriously.
    I've been saying for years that Baron Macabre could be turned into a credible threat.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I've been saying for years that Baron Macabre could be turned into a credible threat.
    Plays right into T'challa's "king of the dead" thing as well.

Instead, when he finally re-appears for the first time in decades.... he sucks in that Rise of the BP book.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I would also love to see Kiber the Cruel in a future BP movie.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

BP#8 was cool but it was over really Quick...

I also would like to see The Supremacists return, but make them based on a global Far Right movement to make them more topical.

They could all wear Ralph Loren polos, khakis, and sneakers.

They could be called "The New Balance".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Oh I definitely understand this is fun, it's just a matter of what's fun to who. I know BP2 will be great regardless of whether it uses a BP rogue but it'd be more fun for me and I'm sure plenty of others if he used characters and villains from his own mythos. A part of it is a matter of symbolism but also because I genuinely think those characters fit him better and can be adapted in new ways on the big screen I personally believe are cooler. People are fine to disagree and it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

That being said, I have no issue with instances where characters show up for a couple minutes like the instances you mentioned. Black Widow was great in Iron Man and Hawkeye was cool in Thor for the limited screen time and exposition they occupied, which is what I'd actually want. I'm not suggesting BP shouldn't have non-BP characters appear in it at all, just that they shouldn't dominate the narrative as a main villain or important supporting cast. Even Kraven I'm fine with as a mercenary or something for the big bad who I ultimately think should be someone from his rogues gallery. I know some Antman fans that would've preferred they used a villain specific to him so I'm ok with people preferring certain villains. Peter and Shuri meeting up for some jokes while she's at the Wakandan Outreach Center would be fun too lol
    I imagine that whatever film Coolger puts out will be what he himself considers fun. He'll use the characters he feels are best serving his vision of the film. And both marvel and the audience have to simply give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he knows what he's doing, until such time as he proves that he doesn't. Point being, so far so good so there's probably nothing to worry about. He's done the character well so far, and that's all we can ask far.

As far as wanting to see BP interact with other comic book characters (many outside his mythos), that to a degree comes with the territory. I believe a couple pages back someone was asking Red Jack if they could see BP beat Galactus (which obviously means it's more in reference to the cartoon than the movie, but I'm just using that as an example). Galactus obviously is not a part of the BP mythos ... but for some it would still be cool to see, because it's a heck of a feat to show how bad @$$ BP is. Again, it's just part of the fun. And I DO believe the person suggesting that was a legit fan.

But your point about using homegrown talent is very valid. I think using higher profile villains like a Doom or Galactus creates bigger "feats" when BP wins, and for a lot of fans feats are a big deal. But it doesn't do anything to promote his own rogues, who frankly need it. Put every BP rogue apart from Klaw in a room, and there's a descent chance Iron Man could kill them all in 2 mintues flat if he really tried. They need to be established as bigger badder threats. And the movies are without a doubt the single best vehicles to establish that. They need to go into the cartoons and movies, and REALLY give BP a run for his money. The villains need the feats more than BP does... and down the line it'll work in BPs favor in the long run MORE than a cool feat of him beating Galactus or whatever.

I also would like to see The Supremacists return, but make them based on a global Far Right movement to make them more topical.

They could all wear Ralph Loren polos, khakis, and sneakers.

They could be called "The New Balance".

T'challa don't want any of that smoke

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

All you need to do is turn him into a top tier necromancer and just let him wreak havoc.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    My ideal Doomwar ending would be with T'Challa beating Doom hard like Ant Man did in Fraction's FF run.Not kill him,because let's face it, Dr Doom is far too great and iconic to kill,but definitely giving him such a hard defeat that he would think twice before attacking Wakanda again.
    The nice thing about DOom is that it's okay to "kill" him because the next guy wanting to use Doom will just say it's a Doombot.

How One Deleted Killmonger Line Totally Changed The Ending Of Black Panther

With reshoots Ryan wanted to do a new ending, and it's a whole bigger thing with the scene where Killmonger dies... What we shot originally, and in the script, was Killmonger saying 'It's beautiful, but what are you going to do for everybody in the world who can't see this?'... And it was great. It was powerful, it was awesome, but it was problematic for a few reasons. One, we realized that just as a character, for the journey of T'Challa, he can't get the answer to the movie and what he needs to do from the villain - like straight-up exactly what he needs. And that's kind of what was happening. Secondly, it was a great performance, and [Michael B. Jordan] brought it, and it was painful to watch because you kind of don't want this guy to die, but it didn't fit his character.

One thing that we did was looking at all those Top 10 lists of best endings ever for movies, and we found in a lot of these videos it was one of two things: it was either the twist ending... or it was The Godfather... Basically, the first time you meet Michael, he's with Kay and he's telling her he's not like his family. 'That's not me, Kay. That's them.' The last scene we see him, he's telling Kay he's not like his family... But then he walks and the door shuts, and you know everything is different. But it's the same conversation! And so it's the circular nature why those kinds of endings feel like closure even though it's open-ended.

Ryan went off in his lab and did his brilliant work that he does as a writer, and wrote the final scene in Oakland where he goes with Shuri and shows the Royal Talon fighter to those kids, and specifically a kid that kinda looks like a young Killmonger. Basically, him showing them that, and buying those buildings, and the Wakandan Outreach Program was in spirit what originally we had Killmonger tell him. 'If people can just see this. If people can see their own potential then things would be different.' And so that was done in a new scene where we see what T'Challa has done. And then at the very, very, very end, the last line is that kid looking at him and saying, 'Who are you?' And that is the theme of the movie, of identity. Who are you? And he doesn't need to answer it, because he just answered it for us.
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...-black-panther

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Plays right into T'challa's "king of the dead" thing as well.

Instead, when he finally re-appears for the first time in decades.... he sucks in that Rise of the BP book.
    In a way that sort of plays against McCabre too though.

If T'Challa and Shuri both have the ability to control the dead too (at least in Wakanda), it sort of waters down the Baron.

Baron summons the dead. Shuri and T'Challa do the same thing and ask him what else he's got. And that's pretty much that.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In a way that sort of plays against McCabre too though.

If T'Challa and Shuri both have the ability to control the dead too (at least in Wakanda), it sort of waters down the Baron.

Baron summons the dead. Shuri and T'Challa do the same thing and ask him what else he's got. And that's pretty much that.
    You realize they can update and power up characters right?
    Pull List:

You realize they can update and power up characters right?
    They would have to if they ever want to even consider this guy a threat, since between T'CHalla and Shuri there's not a whole lot this guy can do.

That's the problem with upgrading heroes... unless you're doing the same for the villains, it's just redundent. If heroes can already beat the villains 99% of the time, what's the point in upgrading them? Upgrade the villains instead. They're the ones who actually need it, because they're the ones constantly losing to the hero.

BP 8 is solid T'challa character work. Shows why he is a bit different than the other Marvel kings... he has a heart. And why he generally is the only pure heroic king.

BP 8 also shows that this story is going to be super rushed at the end. It added another element to the story 8 issues in.... it is one more thing Coates has to wrap up. Bizarre choice.

Unfortunately, I think this might has closed the door on the nuNakia stuff a bit. IDK, we will see.