Page 142 of 744 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I always thought Hickman's Illuminati was intentionally comprised of only men, considering that the pop culture depiction of secret cabals like that are usually of (white) male figures. I thought that was the kind of imagery he was going for: the most powerful men in the world.

I can sort of see the MCU ditching that because of diversity but also because some of those characters might not be available (Steve and Tony if they're dead/actors have hung up the roles) and the rights issues (Namor)
    Well Bendis created the group and idk if I would give Bendis that much credit.... lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I always thought Hickman's Illuminati was intentionally comprised of only men, considering that the pop culture depiction of secret cabals like that are usually of (white) male figures. I thought that was the kind of imagery he was going for: the most powerful men in the world.

I can sort of see the MCU ditching that because of diversity but also because some of those characters might not be available (Steve and Tony if they're dead/actors have hung up the roles) and the rights issues (Namor)
    I think it's too soon to do an Illuminati. There just aren't enough of the pieces of the puzzle yet.

Wait a few years and you can get an Xavier and a Reed in there. Maybe even Doom or an Eternal. But right now, the Fox people aren't here yet while guys like Stark and Steve are on their way out. THere's just not enough there to really pull it off.

Nah apparently Hickman wanted Storm and Emma on the team but Marvel axed those ideas. Illuminati team was supposed to have Xavier (but he died) or Magneto in his place (Marvel said no), and/or the aforementioned x-women (Marvel said no)... so he had to settle for... Beast lol

Granted this was discussed/revealed in one of those cbr threads back in 2014/2015, so who knows. That said, Hickman recently stated a month or two back that he wasn't nearly as happy with his Avengers/New Avengers run as he'd like to be, due to the behind the scenes stuff at Marvel. But he also stated that he still cashed the checks so he ain't gonna cry about it
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Basically I wanna see him go full on Priest Panther after he comes back from The snap, like "****, despite being the most advanced nation on earth we were absolutely helpless to Thanos AND Mofos came on hard to my turf and I needed a demigod to turn the tides? Naw fam we gonna fix this real quick" enter dooms day Panthers, contingency plans, and always prepared BP
    This is exactly what I want to see as well. Nyami battleship prototypes of blueprint Easter eggs as well.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Hi guys, long time reader of Marvel but strangely never been interested in Black Panther until recently.
    Any recommendations for his best stories with a beginning, middle and end? Does he have a “definitive” story that defines Black Panther?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well Bendis created the group and idk if I would give Bendis that much credit.... lol
    Funny enough, the noise at CBR at the time was that Bendis cock blocked Hickman from using Emma Frost in the Illuminati. Because Bendis was using her in whatever x-book he had launched at the time. Bendis seemed to like soft-trolling Hickman throughout. The handsome-victor reveal was the ultimate dick move as well

The CBR folks also felt Black Swan's character would've been dramatically different if Hickman were allowed to use Emma, bc it would've been Emma with the taunting/mocking/borderline sexual tension dialogue.

Maybe that's why Swan's character arc fell off a cliff in the 3rd act, she fulfilled her role/immitation
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Hi guys, long time reader of Marvel but strangely never been interested in Black Panther until recently.
    Any recommendations for his best stories with a beginning, middle and end? Does he have a “definitive” story that defines Black Panther?
    Thanks in advance.
    Black Panther, the movie lol

but comic wise

Volume 3, the "Priest" run

Probably 1-12 would be the closet to "definitive" story imo. Inclues the client and enemy of the state which is a pretty good summary of the character i'd say.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Nah apparently Hickman wanted Storm and Emma on the team but Marvel axed those ideas. Illuminati team was supposed to have Xavier (but he died) or Magneto in his place (Marvel said no), and/or the aforementioned x-women (Marvel said no)... so he had to settle for... Beast lol

Granted this was discussed/revealed in one of those cbr threads back in 2014/2015, so who knows. That said, Hickman recently stated a month or two back that he wasn't nearly as happy with his Avengers/New Avengers run as he'd like to be, due to the behind the scenes stuff at Marvel. But he also stated that he still cashed the checks so he ain't gonna cry about it
    Kinda late Yea. Kinda weird that he had such restrictions especially since at the time he was probably one of Marvel's biggest writerst

Thanks in advance.
    'Rise of the Black Panther' (2018) is a good modern start. It can be a bit dialogue heavy early on, but i think it's a great (re)introduction to him. Great moments, esp with Namor and Dr. Doom.

'The Client' by Christopher Priest (2001?) is another one that's a great (re)introduction to BP. But, again, a bit dialogue heavy. Great moments, esp with Mephisto

'See Wakanda and Die' (2009) by Jason Aaron is a Secret Invasion tie-in that many people will argue is the best BP short story. Definitely something you'd see MCU-wise if they ever make a Secret Invasion adaptation
    Black Panther vs Thor

Kinda late Yea. Kinda weird that he had such restrictions especially since at the time he was probably one of Marvel's biggest writerst
    Bendis is a dick, and the golden goose at the time
    Black Panther vs Thor

Bendis had a lot more pull and he was taken over the X line.

Funny enough, the noise at CBR at the time was that Bendis cock blocked Hickman from using Emma Frost in the Illuminati. Because Bendis was using her in whatever x-book he had launched at the time. Bendis seemed to like soft-trolling Hickman throughout. The handsome-victor reveal was the ultimate dick move as well

The CBR folks also felt Black Swan's character would've been dramatically different if Hickman were allowed to use Emma, bc it would've been Emma with the taunting/mocking/borderline sexual tension dialogue.

Maybe that's why Swan's character arc fell off a cliff in the 3rd act, she fulfilled her role/immitation
    That.... Would actually make a lot of sense.. but the thing is, he had a pretty interesting villain in swan, then he turned her into a Doom fan girl instead of putting more effort into her (same with the rest of the black order, given how many filler/ useless issues that could of been used to give more development to the cabal) as for the last leg of the event. Though that could of been him getting burnt out too

I really dislike Emma but even I have to admit her inclusion in that story would have been amazing. Loads better then anything Bendis was doing with her at the time.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks in advance.
    From what I recall, his most definitive stories/runs are by Christopher Priest (collected in 4 large TPB volumes) and Reginald Hudlin (collected so far in 3 large TPB volumes). Those are the ones I'd recommend to start with. You can also try Don McGregor's more classic run on Black Panther that set up much of the mythos after Stan Lee and Jack Kirby debuted him in Fantastic Four #52-53.

Going back to the earlier conversation about the Panther Habit not only providing visual camouflage, but also absorbing the sound from his footfalls so that his movements would go completely unheard, it just occurred to me that Spider-Man's Stealth Armor from the first Big Time story arc by Dan Slott basically ripped off that particular aspect of the Panther Habit. And speaking of Spider-Man biting Black Panther, the same arc that debuted the Stealth Armor also featured the debut of reverbium, the result of Peter's future Horizon Labs colleague Sajani Jaffrey attempting to recreate vibranium after the events of Doomwar rendered most of the vibranium on the planet inert, only reverbium amplified kinetic energy instead of just absorbing it, which nearly resulted in a massive kinetic explosion that would've destroyed the entire building if not for Peter's quick thinking. Of course, if we are going to talk about Spider-Men and their interactions and relations with Black Panther, I cosign the idea of Miles and T'Challa teaming up, especially if it means exploring a possible connection between their respective divine patrons. I'm speaking, of course, of Anansi, the Spider God and the Great Weaver responsible for empowering all Spider-Totems and Bast, the Panther Goddess whose blessings empower the Black Panther lineage.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 02-17-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Thanks in advance.
    Easiest starting point is probably Hudlin's first arc, vol. 4 "Who is the Black Panther." It's a nice entry point for any new reader as far as finding about the character and Wakanda.

The BEST and most DEFINATIVE run however is Priest, vol 3. The Client and Enemy of the State re-defined the character for the modern era.

I'd say honorable mention to Aarons See Wakanda and Die, which was a Secret Invasion tie-in. It was just really really cool.