Page 110 of 297 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4451
  1. #1636
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    15,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Bill Russell is most like T'Challa end of discussion

    Lebron isn't the GM and even with AD they'd still get swept by the Warriors. I don't know why people think anybody can beat GSW this season. Barring catastrophic injury they are unbeatable.

    Giannis is working on his shot. You gotta know your straights at least he isn't as bad as Ben Simmons who can't throw a rock in the ocean
    Do you need a jump shot if you can dunk from half court for one dribble? lol

    Like, why doesn't T'challa have an Iron Man armor? because he don't need it lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  2. #1637
    Astonishing Member Rumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Haha
    Posts
    3,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Bill Russell is most like T'Challa end of discussion

    Lebron isn't the GM and even with AD they'd still get swept by the Warriors. I don't know why people think anybody can beat GSW this season. Barring catastrophic injury they are unbeatable.

    Giannis is working on his shot. You gotta know your straights at least he isn't as bad as Ben Simmons who can't throw a rock in the ocean
    Yes he is lol

    He the GM, and the agent, and lowkey the coach too
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

  3. #1638
    Astonishing Member Rumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Haha
    Posts
    3,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Unless they get him this off season for less.

    IE, the boston deal isn't real (would you trust Danny Ainge? hell f'ing no).

    Maybe Lebron is playing 4D chess.

    Or, after watching the all star draft... I think Lebron has reached "i don't really care" mode and is just living his best life in LA lol. So, he's Happy Pants Panther
    He won his Cleveland title and feels that's enough to argue GOAT status or top 3.

    Now he just tryna star in space jam 2 and be the black kevin fiege. Happy Pants Panther indeed. His '08 self would be disgusted at what he's become...

    The '11 Finals vs Dirk was the BPvsIronFist fight... ouch

    Or maybe it was the '14 Finals vs the Spurs??

    Or last year vs the Warriors when JR Smith got the rebound??

    One of them shits gave him the aneurysm..
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

  4. #1639
    Astonishing Member Rumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Haha
    Posts
    3,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Do you need a jump shot if you can dunk from half court for one dribble? lol

    Like, why doesn't T'challa have an Iron Man armor?
    because he don't need it lol
    I started thinking this too...

    Maybe Giannis not having a jump shot is like BP not wanting long range projectiles in his suit???

    Or are we reed richard's reaching with that?

    For those BP fans who don't watch NBA and don't know what the fukk me, MoS, and Jabare are babbling about, apologies but it's very relevant and topical lol
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

  5. #1640
    Mighty Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    the reason the Panther armor is not only less bulky (clunky?) than the Iron Man armor but technologically superior is because, while he is an amazing ridiculous genius, Tony Stark doesn't have 10k years of amazing ridiculous geniuses working for all that time on his technology for him to build on.

    i really don't think people understand wha they're saying when they say Wakanda has been isolated from the rest of the world for 10K years and that their technology is founded upon access to an element that is unique to them, without outside influence or interference.

    they might as well be the Kree by comparison to other human civilizations. They have more in common with the Eternals or the Inhumans than they do with ANY normal human nation or normal human genius.

    seriously. ya gotta think these things all the way through.

  6. #1641
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,921

    Default

    lets break down the superhero athletes

    Dwyane Wade= Flash
    Shaq & Dwight Howard= Superman
    Isaiah Thomas= Ant Man
    Shaq= Steel
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  7. #1642
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    15,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    He won his Cleveland title and feels that's enough to argue GOAT status or top 3.

    Now he just tryna star in space jam 2 and be the black kevin fiege. Happy Pants Panther indeed. His '08 self would be disgusted at what he's become...

    The '11 Finals vs Dirk was the BPvsIronFist fight... ouch

    Or maybe it was the '14 Finals vs the Spurs??

    Or last year vs the Warriors when JR Smith got the rebound??

    One of them shits gave him the aneurysm..
    I think it is pretty apparent what did it... imagine going 51/8/8 against the GOAT squad, having a chance to win, and JM smith smoked too much weed at halftime




    That is 100% analogous to going toe to toe with a blood lusted IF wihle just trying to knock him out without killing him and catching a right glowing fist to the jaw

    Lebron aaaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA his ass straight to Los Angeles after that. Learned to be free



    He burst through a meeting between Magic, Pelinka, Jenny, and Walton

    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  8. #1643
    Spectacular Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    247

    Default


  9. #1644
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    the reason the Panther armor is not only less bulky (clunky?) than the Iron Man armor but technologically superior is because, while he is an amazing ridiculous genius, Tony Stark doesn't have 10k years of amazing ridiculous geniuses working for all that time on his technology for him to build on.

    i really don't think people understand wha they're saying when they say Wakanda has been isolated from the rest of the world for 10K years and that their technology is founded upon access to an element that is unique to them, without outside influence or interference.

    they might as well be the Kree by comparison to other human civilizations. They have more in common with the Eternals or the Inhumans than they do with ANY normal human nation or normal human genius.

    seriously. ya gotta think these things all the way through.
    Whereas I get what your saying, I think it's one of those situations Where you don't want to make it appear that T'Challa I'd only able to do this much because he had a 10k advantage and if it weren't the case he wouldn't be as good.

    It should be noted that T'Challa advanced Wakanda more than any other Black panther ever. Like a 50+ year advancement

  10. #1645
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    He won his Cleveland title and feels that's enough to argue GOAT status or top 3.

    Now he just tryna star in space jam 2 and be the black kevin fiege. Happy Pants Panther indeed. His '08 self would be disgusted at what he's become...

    The '11 Finals vs Dirk was the BPvsIronFist fight... ouch

    Or maybe it was the '14 Finals vs the Spurs??

    Or last year vs the Warriors when JR Smith got the rebound??

    One of them shits gave him the aneurysm..

    If Lebron just played like half his normal self in '11 he would have 4 rings. Dwyane Wade was the best player in that series. We all know Bronchiole was dealing with off the court stuff but let's not get into that Storm ish.
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  11. #1646
    Mighty Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Whereas I get what your saying, I think it's one of those situations Where you don't want to make it appear that T'Challa I'd only able to do this much because he had a 10k advantage and if it weren't the case he wouldn't be as good.

    It should be noted that T'Challa advanced Wakanda more than any other Black panther ever. Like a 50+ year advancement
    nope. he's one of many geniuses (not even the only one in his family) but with his own special flair. Wakanda was badass before he was born and it will be badass after he dies.
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-08-2019 at 06:27 PM.

  12. #1647
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Whereas I get what your saying, I think it's one of those situations Where you don't want to make it appear that T'Challa I'd only able to do this much because he had a 10k advantage and if it weren't the case he wouldn't be as good.

    It should be noted that T'Challa advanced Wakanda more than any other Black panther ever. Like a 50+ year advancement
    My bro, Wakanda was technologically advanced thousands of years before T'Challa's birth.

    There would be no T'Challa without Wakanda and to be quite Frank, T'Challa as written over the last few years, has been responsible for Wakanda's deterioration and diminishment all the way from AvX straight through to Hickman's Time Runs Out?

    All of the previous Black Panthers dating back to Bashenga, fought for and defended Wakanda for millenia thus insuring that there was an unbroken line of excellence on all levels scientific and spiritual.

    T'Challa post Hudlin, has been many things but describing him as being greater than all the BP's that preceded him, is a breach.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  13. #1648
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    nope. he's one of many geniuses (not even the only one in his family) but with his own special flair. Wakanda was badass before he was born and it will be badass after he dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    My bro, Wakanda was technologically advanced thousands of years before T'Challa's birth.

    There would be no T'Challa without Wakanda and to be quite Frank, T'Challa as written over the last few years, has been responsible for Wakanda's deterioration and diminishment all the way from AvX straight through to Hickman's Time Runs Out?

    All of the previous Black Panthers dating back to Bashenga, fought for and defended Wakanda for millenia thus insuring that there was an unbroken line of excellence on all levels scientific and spiritual.

    T'Challa post Hudlin, has been many things but describing him as being greater than all the BP's that preceded him, is a breach.
    Well given its comics there will be the BS that writers will do, but that shouldn't stop T'Challa from being the GOAT. The comics should be talking about why he is the greatest, as well as showcasing the greatness of the others before him. I'm not saying everything falls apart when he's gone, but he should make a very huge staple in his legacy and Wakandas history. There's a reason the comics are about him

  14. #1649
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well given its comics there will be the BS that writers will do, but that shouldn't stop T'Challa from being the GOAT. The comics should be talking about why he is the greatest, as well as showcasing the greatness of the others before him. I'm not saying everything falls apart when he's gone, but he should make a very huge staple in his legacy and Wakandas history. There's a reason the comics are about him
    That is one of the downsides of Hudlins version of Wakanda's history. T'Challa went from the person who elevated Wakanda to what it is today, to just being one link in a very long chain of leaders. Good for Wakanda and arguably good for the greater mythos as a whole, but it quite frankly makes T'Challa less special.

  15. #1650
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Gotta agree with Ezyo. Tchalla creates the great leap in Tech. The only super tech we really saw that I remember in WW2 was the gun totem. And that was the same tech that was used when around the time South Africa was concurred. Then if Rise stays cannon, we see that they just start looking a the various applications of vibranium for Tchaka. So the leaps can only occur during the time of S'yan or Tchalla.

    If these same writers from Mayberry to Coates got there hands on WK history they'd do the same thing they did with Tchalla. Coates would probably make Wakanda the biggest slave traders on the continent. Another part of the secret history. lol.

    Ive never read it, but somebody really screwed over WW1 panther from a bio that I saw.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •