Page 123 of 744 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Piece of Jason Aaron Interview on War of the realms

A Shuri sighting with her building tech,which is pretty interesting to me
    The most interesting part will it be if it is the Nnedi or Coates version.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Piece of Jason Aaron Interview on War of the realms

A Shuri sighting with her building tech,which is pretty interesting to me
    Seeing Shuri interact more with other characters in the MU should be cool. We got a bit of that with Klaws of the Panther, but more would be nice. And I think interacting with some of the other comic book smart guys might help put her on the map more in that regard too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The most interesting part will it be if it is the Nnedi or Coates version.
    seems obvious its Nnendi/movie version.

no reason for griot shuri to be helping stark build something
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    seems obvious its Nnendi/movie version.

no reason for griot shuri to be helping stark build something
    I think we can assume that Shuri's scientific skills will be present in every future version of Shuri we see.

For me at least the bigger question mark is whether she'll be written like a teenage girl or not.

My mom saw the Black Panther movie and seemed to recognize Prince N'jobobobobobobo and kept looking back at me like she knew something shaking her head!

Should I sign up for ancestry.com and see if I have royal Wakandan blood or nah...

(goes to bathroom mirror and checks for Wardog tattoo under bottom lip and only finds a couple of cavities and and a slowly dissolving tic tac... Oh well)
    Get Hectic!

A wild "black panther" was seen and photographed for the first time in a century

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...frica-century/

even the damn wild screaming wakanda forever lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    My mom saw the Black Panther movie and seemed to recognize Prince N'jobobobobobobo and kept looking back at me like she knew something shaking her head!

Should I sign up for ancestry.com and see if I have royal Wakandan blood or nah...

(goes to bathroom mirror and checks for Wardog tattoo under bottom lip and only finds a couple of cavities and and a slowly dissolving tic tac... Oh well)
    Your Mom sounds hella cool Brotha FLEX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    what you're dealing with is a bunch of people writing this stuff over the years who had little or no interest in the wider ramifications of the society they described for us or how it could plausibly sit in Africa. Priest, Hudlin and even Coates do take stabs at it to varying degrees and with varying success but, at the base, Wakanda was created by Lee * Kirby to be exactly the same sort of "secret nation" as Attilan, Subterannea, Atlantis or the Keewazi nation.

If we take them at their word, Wakanda has equal amounts in common with the rest of Africa as it has with the rest of the world.
    Based on your supposition but still unsupported by what's been clearly stated in cannon by Lee and Kirby who made it clear that Wakandans are African. (Albeit unsullied by slavery/colonislism.)

Dang conversation got a little heavy there.

I think it will be interesting to see if the defense of Avengers HQ showcases T'Challas genius since he is the one who set it up with Wakandan tech and I hope he cuts loose like he has been doing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dang conversation got a little heavy there.

I think it will be interesting to see if the defense of Avengers HQ showcases T'Challas genius since he is the one who set it up with Wakandan tech and I hope he cuts loose like he has been doing
    I stay keeping it real regardless.

Wakanda 4ever straight no chaser.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There can be a net gain in giving supporting characters an opportunity to shine. We've seen Stark step aside to give Rhodney a bit of spotlight, and Steve step aside to give Sam some. And it worked out in the end.

As harsh as it was to dethrone and depower T'Challa, the end was result was him gaining a supporting character who actually mattered. People like Zuri or Ramonda or even Okoye can easily be sidelined, but Hudlin positioned Shuri in a way where she couldn't be entirely ignored and I think the mythos benefitted greatly from it. T'Challa is a better character now because he has another character who people actually give a damn about in his mythos that he can play off of. I don't think we realized just how much he needed Shuri until we got her, because she makes a world of difference in the movies and cartoons. They would not be the same without her.
    Hell just froze over.

Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I stay keeping it real regardless.

Wakanda 4ever straight no chaser.
    Wouldn't have it any other way brotha Maj

I see both sides of what's being said. Like Wakandans are Africans but they don't associate themselves with Africa, up until T'Challa opened up Wakanda, so in a manner what Redjack was getting at (inlf I'm reading properly) would be that Wakanda would classify themselves and their own little continent all together that just so happens to share space with the rest of the continent similar to Canadians and being apart of North America

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Wouldn't have it any other way brotha Maj

I see both sides of what's being said. Like Wakandans are Africans but they don't associate themselves with Africa, up until T'Challa opened up Wakanda, so in a manner what Redjack was getting at (inlf I'm reading properly) would be that Wakanda would classify themselves and their own little continent all together that just so happens to share space with the rest of the continent similar to Canadians and being apart of North America
    Lets go really deep. lol. Should we start the process of eliminating the word Africa all together? And refer to people by what country or ethnic group they are from?

"Africa is not a country" pops up on my FB feed at least once a week.

Lets go really deep. lol. Should we start the process of eliminating the word Africa all together? And refer to people by what country or ethnic group they are from?

Refering to people by their country rather than continent might be the way to go.

I know a lot of Canadians and Mexicans who probably wouldn't want to be referred to as Americans. And I suspect a lot of Russians wouldn't want be called Asians. Going by continent I think is hit and miss.

Nah I still think Wakandans are Africans, but I'm just trying to maybe get an idea of what RJ was getting at. But I think Wakandans would see themselves as Africans as well as Wakandan. But ultimately they are African