Page 32 of 744 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132532 ... LastLast

Doomwar???

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-2-...-doom-villain/

Sipping the wrong Kool-aid...

A show of hands of who would rather see an up and coming or already established beautiful black female actress portray a new realized Princess Zanda doing to Wakanda pretty much what Dr. Doom would do anyway!

Throwing the race card on the CBR Poker table...

Black panther outsold every other major super hero with a black hero and a black villain and is still receiving awards for this groundbreaking film!

In the comics Klaw killed T'challa's father but the script got flipped and made about the lineage of Prince N'jobo and the direction he lead his "outsider" son which is a 1.3 billion dollar better story arc!

At this point in time and revenue generation why go back to the same old diabolical narcissistic super villain when a legitimate portal has been opened to explore more black or African based characters!

How many wicked weave wearing... OOPS I mean bad hair day black women need more super villains to cosplay as?

Redjack hath spoken and Disney already cosigned it...

Darth Vader: "Search you're feelings you know it to be true."

Doctor Doom: "You are a rip off of me dark samurai."
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Doomwar???

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-2-...-doom-villain/

Sipping the wrong Kool-aid...

A show of hands of who would rather see an up and coming or already established beautiful black female actress portray a new realized Princess Zanda doing to Wakanda pretty much what Dr. Doom would do anyway!

Throwing the race card on the CBR Poker table...

Black panther outsold every other major super hero with a black hero and a black villain and is still receiving awards for this groundbreaking film!

In the comics Klaw killed T'challa's father but the script got flipped and made about the lineage of Prince N'jobo and the direction he lead his "outsider" son which is a 1.3 billion dollar better story arc!

At this point in time and revenue generation why go back to the same old diabolical narcissistic super villain when a legitimate portal has been opened to explore more black or African based characters!

How many wicked weave wearing... OOPS I mean bad hair day black women need more super villains to cosplay as?

Redjack hath spoken and Disney already cosigned it...

Darth Vader: "Search you're feelings you know it to be true."

Doctor Doom: "You are a rip off of me dark samurai."
    Even if DOom is first able to show up in the BP movie, I don't think they would want him to be the primary antagonist in it. I think he's more an Avenger level villain like Thanos... one they probably want to slowly build up.

Have him show up in ending credit scenes, maybe reveal him as the mastermind behind threats in the movies, so he can get the proper build up as opposed to just being tossed out as the villain of the week.

Mighty Member

Right there with you, Flex. Zanda all the way.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Princess Zanda can be "Avenger level" you just add some high tech abilities and place her nation right on the border of Wakanda and then make her an "African Union" foil that makes political trouble...

Princess Zanda: "The nation of Wakanda has a secret spy network called War Dogs that gathers intel on it's neighbors!"

King T'challa: "You snitching now!"

Nigeria: "Yes, thanks to information gathered by Princess Zanda and the Narobian Secret Service the current king of Wakanda was involved in a tragic incident inside of our borders!"

King T'challa: "They were human traffickers and I was rescuing a citizen a citizen of Wakanda!"

Princess Zanda: "Does the king of Wakanda have proof... I heard he froze?"

Princess Zanda sends a knowing sneering glare at Nakia seated near two Doras.

King T'challa: "I never freeze!"

Zaire: "Yes, why is Wakanda spying on us?"

Kenya: "Will Wakanda share it's vibranium with the rest of us or do we all have to be Avengers to be so lucky!"

Ethiopia: "Wakanda needs more transparency... Are they with us or the western world?"

South Africa: "Boooooo Wakanda Boooo!"

King T'challa: "Would the African Union mind if I spoke with Princess Zanda in private?"

Outside in the African Union building courtyard.

Princess Zanda strolls with the king of Wakanda and stops to sniff some flowers.

Princess Zanda: "Hmmm my favorite... Take note of that my king."

King T'challa: "There is an end game planned by you I assume."

Princess Zanda: "It's amazing how all of the African nations are turning against you one by one."

King T'challa: "What have you done?"

Princess Zanda: "Bribery... Magic perhaps. I thought you were always two steps ahead of your enemies!"

King T'challa: "What will it cost Wakanda to cease this madness?"

Pricness Zanda: "One date!"

King T'challa: "Business or social?"

Princess Zanda: "Both!"

King T'challa: "If I decline you risk the lives of many Africans trying to invade Wakanda!"

Princess Zanda: "Invasion... I come only at your request my king. It's just one date to allow us to get to know each other better."

King T'challa: "Princess Zanda, I king T'challa of Wakanda cordially request your presence at..."

Princess Zanda: "Dinner and a movie... I accept! I have already picked out a dress!"

Princess Zanda leans in towards T'challa expecting a kiss...

King T'challa: "Not happening!"

FRAK Doctor Doom... Princess Zanda for the win!
    Get Hectic!

Astonishing Member

I don't understand this major push by some fans to have BP be used as vehicle for other major characters. I sometimes feel people get too caught up in the shared universe aspect of the MCU and forget the fact that even though these characters exist in the same sandbox they are also independent products that deserve to be treated as such. It also feels reductive to the characters that get suggested like Doctor Doom, who should be introduced in a Fantastic Four movie, who themselves deserve a solo outing without taking up a lot of space in another character's film beforehand.

Same with Namor who arguably should be where Aquaman is now, but Marvel doesn't treat him right. That being said I don't feel it's incumbent on the BP mythos to uplift him (or any other character for that matter) to the extent that some people seem to be suggesting. A end credits scene or quick cameo is cool though.

Some of the comments I've read online make me think people want a stealth (insert character/team name here) movie with Black Panther slapped on the title, which is unfortunate. Could be me overstating things, but I really hope Marvel don't fall into the rabbit hole of trying to please people who are more interested in seeing their favorite underutilized character than seeing a film about the character whose name is in the title.

It goes without saying that T'Challa doesn't have the deepest bench of rogues to use on the big screen, but I trust Coogler and company to do the necessary uplifting to make a solid threat that's largely within his mythos. A mashup of Tetu and Achebe or a revamped King Cadaver can be just as impressive as Doom if people are willing to let them stand on their own two feet and the right adjustments are made. I'd prefer to see that, at least in part because it means potentially stronger rogues in the comics.

Granted most moviegoers don't care about the effects these movies have on the comics side of things so it's really all up to the vision of the guys making the movie, who I'm sure will tell a strong story either way

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don't understand this major push by some fans to have BP be used as vehicle for other major characters. I sometimes feel people get too caught up in the shared universe aspect of the MCU and forget the fact that even though these characters exist in the same sandbox they are also independent products that deserve to be treated as such. It also feels reductive to the characters that get suggested like Doctor Doom, who should be introduced in a Fantastic Four movie, who themselves deserve a solo outing without taking up a lot of space in another character's film beforehand.
    I can think of 1.3 billion reasons why folks want to ride T'Challa's coat-tails.

BANNED

Same with Namor who arguably should be where Aquaman is now, but Marvel doesn't treat him right. That being said I don't feel it's incumbent on the BP mythos to uplift him (or any other character for that matter) to the extent that some people seem to be suggesting. A end credits scene or quick cameo is cool though.

Some of the comments I've read online make me think people want a stealth (insert character/team name here) movie with Black Panther slapped on the title, which is unfortunate. Could be me overstating things, but I really hope Marvel don't fall into the rabbit hole of trying to please people who are more interested in seeing their favorite underutilized character than seeing a film about the character whose name is in the title.

It goes without saying that T'Challa doesn't have the deepest bench of rogues to use on the big screen, but I trust Coogler and company to do the necessary uplifting to make a solid threat that's largely within his mythos. A mashup of Tetu and Achebe or a revamped King Cadaver can be just as impressive as Doom if people are willing to let them stand on their own two feet and the right adjustments are made. I'd prefer to see that, at least in part because it means potentially stronger rogues in the comics.

Granted most moviegoers don't care about the effects these movies have on the comics side of things so it's really all up to the vision of the guys making the movie, who I'm sure will tell a strong story either way
    Beautiful post.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I can think of 1.3 billion reasons why folks want to ride T'Challa's coat-tails.
    Me too

BANNED

Writing stories around a character as intriguing as T'Challa, his supporting characters, the Wakandan nation and the super villains bent on breaking T'Challa and Wakanda, shouldn't be that hard.

It only becomes difficult when a writer chooses to hamstring his or her story writing abilities by way of overly convoluted storytelling and an utter lack of respect for pre-existing characterisation and established continuity.

Much noise is made about the pedigree of T'Challa's core villains but very few choose to acknowledge the fact that villains wre only as good s the writers who choose to develop them.

Dr Doom didn't get to be a fan favourite (for some) by accident.

A plethora of writers have now key hero worshipped Doom to rockstar status over the last few decades.

There's no reason why T'Challa's rogues gallery should remain underdeveloped and disregarded ad infinitum in favour of foisting other mainstream villains onto the BP mythos.

Excellent post and something I've noticed as well. It feels like a fictional black male hero can't stand on his own he HAS to have his spotlight shared and quickly before people start to feel uncomfortable or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Excellent post and something I've noticed as well. It feels like a fictional black male hero can't stand on his own he HAS to have his spotlight shared and quickly before people start to feel uncomfortable or something.
    At this point, it's become a joke none of us finds remotely funny.

Bp has enough rogues to go through that I don't think they will be scraping the bottom of the barrel for villains. Yes hos 3 Major villains are used but he has plenty others, Zanda in the cartoon has been revamped and is badass, the same an happen to solomon prey, king cadaver Baron macabre, the supremacists, hell Tetu and Zenzi would be better utilized under Coogler

Thank you and this is a point that I've made here not long ago. All it takes is alittle revamp and they can be golden. It has def worked for Killmonger. Mbaku while not technically a villain in the MCU right now has benefited greatly from a revamp. And like mentioned Redjack did a great revamp of Zanda. BP don't need guest stars from other franchises taking up space for actual BP characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I didn't wanna say it and like I said I could be overstating things, but I don't see this same level of "Import this character into the franchise" with other characters. BP was the biggest solo hero debut of all time so that could explain why he gets saddled with these demands the most. Doesn't change the fact it's still kinda unfortunate fans don't seem to have faith in his mythos to be able to support another solid movie.

He's likely the only black Marvel hero that'll be getting a solo movie for awhile so why not want his story to be his own ya know? Not everyone needs to pull a Captain America: Civil War to remind us about the shared universe or make the character relevant (not that Cap himself needed it tbh) so I reject this idea that BP needs to heavily feature characters that aren't in his orbit.

Especially when it's possible that some of the people who want him to feature their favorite character were weary or against T'Challa even getting a film in the first place on some "It's SJW" or "It's not even gonna crack 500 mil haha". People who would likely be against a War Dog-centric show or an Okoye mini-series on the upcoming Disney platform but gladly have their preferred character/team take up 30 minutes of a BP movie lol.

Nah the BP can stand on it's own two feet and then logically include small cameos and references to others when necessary. Maybe even a fight scene or two but I have no interest in seeing a Wakanda-Atlantis, Latveria, Genosha, or Lemuria war if the exposition and character work (AKA the heavy lifting) isn't done somewhere else in a franchise that needs/fits the feature more than BP. If people wanna see a Wakanda-Atlantis war, why not feature it in FF?
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-15-2019 at 10:01 PM.