Page 112 of 744 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 11160

Meta wise though, bad **** happens to T'challa/WK beccause he is the only BP with stories being written about him. A lot more bad stuff can happen (including bad writers) in 200 issues vs 8

Also, T'challa has faced universal extinction level events, previous BP's faced.... guns lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't understand. What do you mean?
    Marvel's Black Panther Quest cartoon airing on Disney XD

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Especially Natasha. She’s the one that really got on my damn nerves this season. Especially since the avengers just immediately took her word that BP killed Cap.
    I actually found Hawkeye the most annoying since he was first introduced in the season. He had attitude for no reason. I can forgive Natasha if my theory about her proves to be correct. Still I don't know how T'Challa ever forgives some of the Avengers after this.The relationship with Thor, Hawkeye & Tony is dead and buried at this point.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    the reason the Panther armor is not only less bulky (clunky?) than the Iron Man armor but technologically superior is because, while he is an amazing ridiculous genius, Tony Stark doesn't have 10k years of amazing ridiculous geniuses working for all that time on his technology for him to build on.

i really don't think people understand wha they're saying when they say Wakanda has been isolated from the rest of the world for 10K years and that their technology is founded upon access to an element that is unique to them, without outside influence or interference.

they might as well be the Kree by comparison to other human civilizations. They have more in common with the Eternals or the Inhumans than they do with ANY normal human nation or normal human genius.

seriously. ya gotta think these things all the way through.
    My takeaway has always been (in a post-Christopher Priest world) that T'Challa can pretty much do anything Stark can do, but, as a practical matter, they don't want to steal Iron Man's thunder (it's sort of a Superman on the Justice League thing where they don't play up his speed so the Flash doesn't feel bad). But, when they go head-to-head, the Black Panther usually shines as having superior tech and the upper hand.

I tend to agree with your description of Wakanda, but I'll say the two biggest comparisons for me are Attilan and Atlantis. I'll note that when the Inhumans go superhero, they generally don't show off their tech either. And the same is true with Namor to the point that I'm honestly not sure what their tech level is.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Meta wise though, bad **** happens to T'challa/WK beccause he is the only BP with stories being written about him. A lot more bad stuff can happen (including bad writers) in 200 issues vs 8

Also, T'challa has faced universal extinction level events, previous BP's faced.... guns lol
    T'Challa is the GOAT Black Panther
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

It's almost ridiculous to try and compare T'Challa to any other BP, because Shuri aside he's the only one that even remotely matters. The rest are just window dressing to his mythos. They exist purely to add a LITTLE bit of depth to his stories. Not that they're not fun and interesting in their own right but the point should never be for them to outshine him. When that starts happening, they're doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    My takeaway has always been (in a post-Christopher Priest world) that T'Challa can pretty much do anything Stark can do, but, as a practical matter, they don't want to steal Iron Man's thunder (it's sort of a Superman on the Justice League thing where they don't play up his speed so the Flash doesn't feel bad). But, when they go head-to-head, the Black Panther usually shines as having superior tech and the upper hand.

I tend to agree with your description of Wakanda, but I'll say the two biggest comparisons for me are Attilan and Atlantis. I'll note that when the Inhumans go superhero, they generally don't show off their tech either. And the same is true with Namor to the point that I'm honestly not sure what their tech level is.
    Yeah, I think armor is just Iron Man's thing and to a degree that needs to be respected. Plus, Stark uses armor basically 24/7 in combat so it makes sense that in a practical functional sense he should have the best armor.

Whenever Stark and T'Challa throw down, T'Challa pretty much always outsmarts and out techs him anyways so having Stark be THE armor guy really isn't conceding much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Unfortunately, post Hudlin, things in Wakanda have consistently fallen apart when T'challa is in Wakanda.

In AvX, Wakanda was nearly decimated by Namor, thanks to T'challa endangering the entire Nation of Wakanda by giving the beleagured Avengers, shelter within the country he wasn't even the legitimate ruler of at the time.

This error of judgement on T'Challa's part, was once again repeated during Hickman's New Avengers run where T'challa was depicted ushering the Illuminati into the Necropolis (within Wakanda's borders) under his sister, Queen Shuri's nose. The same Illuminati that numbered Namor, sworn enemy of Wakanda, amongst its membership. And to make matters worse, T'challa blatantly lied to Shuri about reasons for Thanos and his Obsidian Order's minions attacking Wakanda in search of Infinity Gems.

T'challa stockpiled WMD's and extinction level extraterrestrials imprisoned within the Necropolis which upon their eventual escape, led to Wakanda almost being wiped out of existence.

All of that was on T'challa but for some odd reason, some choose to throw shade on Shuri for the stupidity and dedication to outsiders epitomised by her supposedly genius level intellectual brother.

I'm sorry, but under this set of circumstances, I see ZERO reason to view T'challa as being the greatest BP of all time.

When a writer comes along who (like Hudlin, Liss or Redjack) to actually write T'challa to his full capacity, my views will change but until that happens, no cigar.

Just say no to milquetoast.
    Nothing is better than waking up to a warm pot of tea and Mr. Majestisk dropping truth bombs.

No joke Marvel is doing for the most part what it has always done...giving us the appearance of a strong Black Male lead but subsequently made him their ideal(safe) version of how they feel he should act.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Unfortunately, post Hudlin, things in Wakanda have consistently fallen apart when T'challa is in Wakanda.

In AvX, Wakanda was nearly decimated by Namor, thanks to T'challa endangering the entire Nation of Wakanda by giving the beleagured Avengers, shelter within the country he wasn't even the legitimate ruler of at the time.

This error of judgement on T'Challa's part, was once again repeated during Hickman's New Avengers run where T'challa was depicted ushering the Illuminati into the Necropolis (within Wakanda's borders) under his sister, Queen Shuri's nose. The same Illuminati that numbered Namor, sworn enemy of Wakanda, amongst its membership. And to make matters worse, T'challa blatantly lied to Shuri about reasons for Thanos and his Obsidian Order's minions attacking Wakanda in search of Infinity Gems.

T'challa stockpiled WMD's and extinction level extraterrestrials imprisoned within the Necropolis which upon their eventual escape, led to Wakanda almost being wiped out of existence.

All of that was on T'challa but for some odd reason, some choose to throw shade on Shuri for the stupidity and dedication to outsiders epitomised by her supposedly genius level intellectual brother.

I'm sorry, but under this set of circumstances, I see ZERO reason to view T'challa as being the greatest BP of all time.

When a writer comes along who (like Hudlin, Liss or Redjack) to actually write T'challa to his full capacity, my views will change but until that happens, no cigar.

Thing is, I'm not talking about any story in particular, or rmthe last 8+ years of deconstruction. I'm talking about, in general, T'Challa should be shown as the GOAT. Not by making the others look bad, but by having key factors be it in his origin, or in some major story going forward, that he has a huge achievement for the betterment of Wakanda. Something no other BP has done and secures his legacy as the greatest

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I think armor is just Iron Man's thing and to a degree that needs to be respected. Plus, Stark uses armor basically 24/7 in combat so it makes sense that in a practical functional sense he should have the best armor.

Whenever Stark and T'Challa throw down, T'Challa pretty much always outsmarts and out techs him anyways so having Stark be THE armor guy really isn't conceding much.
    They've never really thrown down in continuity. The Priest thing was mostly a fake-out, with Stark having been revealed to have taken a hint from a politician Panther manipulated to play-act at being his enemy. A Panther from the future did beat a mind-controlled alternate Iron Man, but, well, key words there being future and mind control and alternate.

Technically he wasn't "Black Panther" for all these things. He was pseudo Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Marvel's Black Panther Quest cartoon airing on Disney XD

I actually found Hawkeye the most annoying since he was first introduced in the season. He had attitude for no reason. I can forgive Natasha if my theory about her proves to be correct. Still I don't know how T'Challa ever forgives some of the Avengers after this.The relationship with Thor, Hawkeye & Tony is dead and buried at this point.
    What’s the theory about Natasha. And personally I hope T’challa doesn’t forgive any of the avengers after all the bullshit they put him through. But if a reconciliation happens, the avengers REALLY need to work for it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    What’s the theory about Natasha. And personally I hope T’challa doesn’t forgive any of the avengers after all the bullshit they put him through. But if a reconciliation happens, the avengers REALLY need to work for it.
    Natasha is Zanda was an early theory. Not sure if that is what Jabare is referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    They've never really thrown down in continuity. The Priest thing was mostly a fake-out, with Stark having been revealed to have taken a hint from a politician Panther manipulated to play-act at being his enemy. A Panther from the future did beat a mind-controlled alternate Iron Man, but, well, key words there being future and mind control and alternate.
    In Hudlin's run he had Tchalla punch out Tony and slash his armor with the ebony blade. It was a quick fight but T'Challa trashed Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    In Hudlin's run he had Tchalla punch out Tony and slash his armor with the ebony blade. It was a quick fight but T'Challa trashed Tony
    Every time off the top of my head that T'challa and Tony have had fisticuffs, Tony has caught those hands and/or a verbal spanking.

I could be wrong though, I don't read his solo books very often
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ebony blade, a plot-device that wasn't created by T'Challa. There's always huge asterisks, like alternate timelines and plot-devices created by Ultron, or Ebony Blades. T'Challa has no clean wins over Iron Man.