Page 131 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    When Redjack had said Wakanda isn't Africa, Wakanda is Wakanda, I replied that was a silly interpretation of Wakanda. Which led to him trying to explain why Wakanda isn't African which led to others challenging that, which snowballed into the debate.
    I saw RJs comment too and was going to let it go, but it snowballed so I joined in. lol

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, if T'Challa was anything like the previous BP's Cap probably wouldn't be able to do even that. So T'Challa being a different sort of king is proving advantageous to the Avengers, and ultimately I think that will translate to being advantageous to every living being in the universe. But we'll see... stories not over yet.
    I think he just felt bad over the trying to kill Bucky situation and decided to be nice to Cap to make up for it. lol.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Didn't realize it was a damn NBA season length.

Even got an off season to discuss future Oscar bait movies!

Never really paid attention at all
    I've actually been putting in my homework this year the Oscars so I'll be excited. I don't expect Black Panther to win best picture, but I am hoping Into the Spiderverse wins best animated film. Maybe Black Panther for best original song or soundtrack. I definitely think it should win best production design. But, on that note, I think it's absolutely nuts that Black Panther wasn't even nominated for hair and makeup, both of which were excellent.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The world would have eaten Wakanda alive if previous Black Panther's had T'Challa's milquetoast kumbaya attitude.

The only mistake T'chaka made was in killing his brother (who he could have ably disarmed) and then going on to compound the issue by abandoning his nephew to fend for himself in a hostile environment.
    No way brotha, even if previous BPs shared T'Challas mindset. No one can just walk into Wakanda without invitation. They couldn't attack Wakanda and if Wakandans went on the offensive they would easily conquered anyone they pleased. Even T'Challas speech he still had no issues crushing any and all who would have Ill will towards them. If anything, the world would of been conquered in that time the minute another country messed up and tried to screw over Wakanda

Unless Coogler has a specific story in mind, the only way we will see anyting about Wakanda being open is just random Vibranium name drops here and there.
    We could see tech in the background with Wakandan design group logo on it, the way we sometimes see Stark tech. Heck, if Stark is heading off into the sunset after Endgame, his stuff might start being phased out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think he just felt bad over the trying to kill Bucky situation and decided to be nice to Cap to make up for it. lol.
    While all of that is true, I imagine he likewise wasn't eager for Thanos to destroy one half of the universes population. That's gotta suck too.

When Redjack had said Wakanda isn't Africa, Wakanda is Wakanda, I replied that was a silly interpretation of Wakanda. Which led to him trying to explain why Wakanda isn't African which led to others challenging that, which snowballed into the debate.
    honestly RJ didn't explain what he meant well enough in the initial posts, and it was till later that it was clarified in which it would of probably ended the debate sooner and less likely for it to get as heated as it did

BANNED

Apologies my friend.

I actually did see your original post.

I must say I'm glad you posted it in the first place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    honestly RJ didn't explain what he meant well enough in the initial posts, and it was till later that it was clarified in which it would of probably ended the debate sooner and less likely for it to get as heated as it did
    Sorry?

RJ's stance was as clear as day and subsequent posts doubled down on his held position.

As for things getting "heated" not one single poster involved in that discussion exhibited any level of "heat" as all remained cool headed and respectful across the board.

Tranquility protocols were in full effect and remain so to present date.

BANNED

Yes

But you changed the game by hypothetically saying "the world would have eaten Wakanda alive if previous Black Panther's had T'Challa's milquetoast kumbaya attitude."

If they would have been open, they wouldn't have been left alone. Their attitudes would have likely changed based on the fact nearly every other technologically advanced civilization had no problem going out their imperializing to the best of their abilities.

Ain't like they magically would have been content in a tiny ass country just because they are African. They would have formed alliances, had trade, had wars, ect just like everyone else.
    Dude, they were content to remain hidden and self sufficient for 10'000 years.

The outside world had nothing to offer them.

Not sure what their being African has to do with anything in this regard?

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

"My ancestors were people of Truth."

"Bashenga was the first Black Panther...he created a cult to guard against intruders...his descendants gave their lives to keep the demon spirits from spreading across the Earth.."

Excerpt from Black Panther Vol 1 issue 7

My interpretation was that Wakanda was created to protect Africa and the wider world from the horrors caused by vibranium radiation. But through years of isolation what had started as a noble cause became something else through following a tradition without questioning it.

So in that fictional world Wakanda was holding its own. Hudlin did an Annual regarding Wakanda and the Trans Atlantic slave trade; there was another story with T'Challa vs the Klan by another writer and also there was a serial with him in apartheid South Africa. Then Hudlin did another story regarding the Arabian Knight (I could be wrong).

I always wondered why Ethiopia did not conquer the lower Eastern African coast down to Mozambique back in antiquity. Any Ethiopians in the thread?

But all this is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post

"Bashenga was the first Black Panther...he created a cult to guard against intruders...his descendants gave their lives to keep the demon spirits from spreading across the Earth.."

My interpretation was that Wakanda was created to protect Africa and the wider world from the horrors caused by vibranium radiation. But through years of isolation what had started as a noble cause became something else through following a tradition without questioning it.

So in that fictional world Wakanda was holding its own. Hudlin did an Annual regarding Wakanda and the Trans Atlantic slave trade; there was another story with T'Challa vs the Klan by another writer and also there was a serial with him in apartheid South Africa. Then Hudlin did another story regarding the Arabian Knight (I could be wrong).

I always wondered why Ethiopia did not conquer the lower Eastern African coast down to Mozambique back in antiquity. Any Ethiopians in the thread?

Beat me to it. lol

I was about to post something like this. Keeping people out so they didn't transform from Vb radiation was how it started. And I guess it just became habit over the generations.

I explained it fine. y'all just don't like the explanation. there's nothing silly about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post

Don McGregor was the writer that had T'challa going head-to-head again the KKK.

That Bashenga/Wakada origin was retconned

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html