Page 143 of 744 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I really dislike Emma but even I have to admit her inclusion in that story would have been amazing. Loads better then anything Bendis was doing with her at the time.
    Emma would have been interesting, but at the same time I'm not sure she would have made more sense. The reason Beast was in the group was essentially because Xavier entrusted him with the infinty stone. THere's no way he would have given it to Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Hi guys, long time reader of Marvel but strangely never been interested in Black Panther until recently.
    Any recommendations for his best stories with a beginning, middle and end? Does he have a “definitive” story that defines Black Panther?
    Thanks in advance.
    Hudlin's Who is the Black Panther, is another good one. So:

Priests vol 3 1-12
    Hudlin vol 4 WitBP 1-6
    Rise 1-6 (Rise tries to consolidate the origins in vol 3& vol 4 and does a decent job)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Bendis is a dick, and the golden goose at the time
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bendis had a lot more pull and he was taken over the X line.
    Make sense now. I kinda wonder how things would of went down if those two were in there. Maybe that scene with BP and storm would of been better instead of making T'Challa look thristy as hell

Mighty Member

Obviously the next umbrella arc in the MCU will be the Skrull invasion. Bringing CM, DS, and BP together is as simple as replacing a few Wakandans here and there with skrulls, someone close to Strange, and obviously the whole plot of the CM movie revolves around Skrulls. And with the GoTG the MCU can segue into some more cosmic stuff where we can get the REAL BP in space without Chokes.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Obviously the next umbrella arc in the MCU will be the Skrill invasion. Bringing CM, DS, and BP together is as simple as replacing a few Wakandans here and there with skulls, someone close to Strange, and obviously the whole plot of the CM movie revolves around Skulls. And with the GoTG the MCU can segue into some more cosmic stuff where we can get the REAL BP in space without Chokes.
    I think that'll be the fun part of the next stage of the MCU. Trying to figure out who is a skrull.

Particularely trying to find the Skrull Queen... Hill, Nakia, Janet Pym, the nurse from the Notebook that Strange dated. Maybe even Black Widow.

BUt yeah, that will be enough of a reason to bring together the MCU's big guns. It's also a potentially cool way to bring Fury back into relavence. He can uncover all of this, and bring the next generation of Avengers togeher to deal with it.

I knew I wrote a "where to start" article

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...k-panther.html

It is dated as Rise of the BP should be on there now. I'll add it to the to do list lol (almost caught up on feats)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

This guy needs to be a Wakandan

Or any other not-race-bent black superhero
    He's one of my choices for the villain in the sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Basically I wanna see him go full on Priest Panther after he comes back from The snap, like "****, despite being the most advanced nation on earth we were absolutely helpless to Thanos AND Mofos came on hard to my turf and I needed a demigod to turn the tides? Naw fam we gonna fix this real quick" enter dooms day Panthers, contingency plans, and always prepared BP
    Thor murdered him on his own sh*t

Which in some ways is understandable and other ways isnt.

Also where were the Rhinos and other Wakandan weapons that could held their own a bit more.

"If we let refugees in they bring they're problems with them. Then Wakanda is just like everywhere else"

If W'Kabi survived the snap I'm sure he was sitting up in jail like

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

My top 5 for Achebe in BP2 (assuming thats the villain)

1. LaKeith Stanfield
    2. Brian Tyree Henry (I know he doesn't physically match the character, but he's a hell of an actor)
    3. David Oyelowo
    4. Aldis Hodge
    5. John Boyega (Hey...its an inspired choice)

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    He's one of my choices for the villain in the sequel.

Thor murdered him on his own sh*t

Which in some ways is understandable and other ways isnt.

Also where were the Rhinos and other Wakandan weapons that could held their own a bit more.

"If we let refugees in they bring they're problems with them. Then Wakanda is just like everywhere else"

If W'Kabi survived the snap I'm sure he was sitting up in jail like
    The planes are in a few shots and they were going to use Rhinos, but thought it be in bad taste to have them killed in the battle scenes due to the real dwindling population.

Curry and Embiid failed Giannis like W'Kabi and the border tribe failed T'Challa. That's all i gotta say about that! Hmph!
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Make sense now. I kinda wonder how things would of went down if those two were in there. Maybe that scene with BP and storm would of been better instead of making T'Challa look thristy as hell
    I think Emma joins Namor in ditching the Illuminati for the Cabal. I also think Hickman has Emma reveal her role in manipulating Namor to flood Wakanda, and so she's on BP's **** list as well. Probably adds some layer of understanding in him & Namor squashing their beef.. but BP probably tries to blow her up on that planet with Namor and 'em anyway. Bc Wakanda forever bitches! lol

I also think there's a whole other mapped out x-men sub plot he had in mind, that probably explains how the fukk Cyclops randomly shows up with a Phoenix egg in Secret Wars #1. I don't know what role Storm would've had though... that'd be a head scratcher.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Auditions over...

Look at me, I'm Achebe now...

Black Panther 2 is officially in The Empire Strikes Back area and it's time someone turned Wakanda inside out and raised the suspense bar way high!

Blood is in the water with Wakanda exposed out in the open and basically it is similar to Israel in that it should be surrounded by enemies on all sides moving forward!

The three R's... Race... Religion... Rhetoric (politics)...

Only a handful of elders witnessed Killmongers's short reign which raises the question of trust among it's loyal citizens and the War Dog initiative considering the outcome of Prince N'jobobobobobobo!

A whole lot of questions need to be answered like the War Dog's waiting on their Killmonger shipments that never arrived who eventually return in that "Chickens Come Home To Roost" problem!

Princess Zanda... African Unions... Everybody and they momma inside Africa and out should have a Tupac All Eyes On Me worldview towards Wakanda!

Wakanda Forever is playing with house money with the legalities to explore African stereotypes without coming off as racist under Coogler's direction!

Also... A major character has to die if not more characters to make this game of life seem more real and that the stakes are beyond just fights over a waterfall!

Black Panther 2 should go full on Empire Strikes Back and make what Thanos did seem more like landscaping in the side garden!

And NO puppets!!!
    Get Hectic!

Now that the gloves are off let's get hyper diabolical...

This could get lost in translation so try to read between the lines on this one and over interpret what I'm saying!

One of the reasons oh so many white male based super heroes work for at least the past century is that there is a plethora of white male super villains to choose from and challenge them!

From Jack Nicholson's Joker to Heath Ledger's Joker, from all the various James Bond villains past and present!

In some cases the villain is often the better role for an actor to play because they can exaggerate the agenda with no real rules how far over the top they can go!

Black super heroes struggle because the antagonist is usually the standard issue white male racist oppressor who won't give the black man a break!

With the emergence of Killmonger and the changing of Klaw having killed King T'chaka in comic canon a new dynamic has been uncovered 1.3 billion dollars worth!

Every type of black villain or anti hero is now on the table...

I give you Sgt Waters from the movie A Soldier's Story...

Updated and upgraded this prototype could work if given the Marvel halftime adjustment!

Many people believe that Thanos and Killmonger were right if not necessarily in agreement with their chosen methods and the same could be said for Sgt Waters in that particular scene!

Flip the script and the overall agenda towards Wakanda and a character like this adds depth to the Black Panther rogues gallery!

Black folks that secretly hate themselves are a problem for both black militants and black civil rights activists because it's difficult to see them coming!

Someone who hates Wakanda and literally can't stand all that tribal stuff and black technology could be classic...

Say YES to more black villains!!!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Emma would have been interesting, but at the same time I'm not sure she would have made more sense. The reason Beast was in the group was essentially because Xavier entrusted him with the infinty stone. THere's no way he would have given it to Emma.
    That plot point was always contrived anyway. A quick work around would be that Emma somehow discovered/fell upon information on the group that Charles had hidden, took the stone lie , like Emma does, and joined the group. Her motivation would be, in her twisted head, what it always is ,that she was trying to protect mutant kind. The end.

Its' not like the Illuminati vetted Beast at all to prove that Charles left him the stone. To add to that there was nothing he did throughout the whole story that warranted him being there.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I think Emma joins Namor in ditching the Illuminati for the Cabal. I also think Hickman has Emma reveal her role in manipulating Namor to flood Wakanda, and so she's on BP's **** list as well. Probably adds some layer of understanding in him & Namor squashing their beef.. but BP probably tries to blow her up on that planet with Namor and 'em anyway. Bc Wakanda forever bitches! lol

I also think there's a whole other mapped out x-men sub plot he had in mind, that probably explains how the fukk Cyclops randomly shows up with a Phoenix egg in Secret Wars #1. I don't know what role Storm would've had though... that'd be a head scratcher.
    Knowing Hickman, he probably just had the Phoenix Egg Cyclops sub plot randomly pop up just to show how awesome Doom was when he snapped his neck.

Emma (or if Xavier wasn't sacrificed in AvX) completely changes the plot of the book in regards to black swan though. Instead of using that machine to look into the past/future and realized she was nuts, they would have ripped the information from her brain telepathically instead lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html