Page 137 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237637 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I thought in World's Apart they said somethign about Shadow King could only get to T'challa because of his doubt about Storm or the Xmen or something lol

Hell I can't remember, perfect time for one of those Storm fans to chime in on X-men stuff. Now is the time to shine!
    I expect BoG to have a swift response.

He's set the high bar, and there's no turning back for him now
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Maybe the Shadiw King experience is the reason he could keep Emma out. Started mental training.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

The (real) world's finest!
    We need that BP, voodoo, blade, cage team up again, throw in Monica and Okoye for good measure.

I thought in World's Apart they said somethign about Shadow King could only get to T'challa because of his doubt about Storm or the Xmen or something lol

Hell I can't remember, perfect time for one of those Storm fans to chime in on X-men stuff. Now is the time to shine!
    Which that in itself doesn't make sense Given Storm is one of the few people he actually opens up to. But whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    We need that BP, voodoo, blade, cage team up again, throw in Monica and Okoye for good measure.
    As much as I like Adam, I think a fully realized Jericho paired with T'Challa would put them in the same candidacy as Batman/Superman, Shaq/Kobe, Jason Scott/Tommy Oliver, etc., for GOAT duos

BP already there; he just needs that other half of the anti-life equation to get that mcu stimulus package. I'd prefer the 1b be a powerhouse; more Monica, Jericho, Adam, and less Blade or Luke. I think Luke is a lame.

Jericho OTOH is super powerful, gets bitches (bad bitches with great careers), and reached the pinnacle of his craft (bountifully employed for life)... before the white man (Bendis) killed him for achieving too much too soon. I'm just sayin
    Black Panther vs Thor

Happy Birthday Black Panther!

On this date last year history was made with the release of the 1.3 billion dollar franchise...

Get Hectic!

I believe he got into T'Challa's head by distracting him: didn't SK make a few Wakandans attack one another and while T'Challa was breaking it up SK took over his mind? TBH I don't remember completely either but SK is suppose to have Xavier level TP so him getting into T'Challa's mind isn't a shocker to me.
    Last edited by nj06; 02-16-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

As much as I like Adam, I think a fully realized Jericho paired with T'Challa would put them in the same candidacy as Batman/Superman, Shaq/Kobe, Jason Scott/Tommy Oliver, etc., for GOAT duos

BP already there; he just needs that other half of the anti-life equation to get that mcu stimulus package. I'd prefer the 1b be a powerhouse; more Monica, Jericho, Adam, and less Blade or Luke. I think Luke is a lame.

Jericho OTOH is super powerful, gets bitches (bad bitches with great careers), and reached the pinnacle of his craft (bountifully employed for life)... before the white man (Bendis) killed him for achieving too much too soon. I'm just sayin
    Adam is kinda lame though, I was underwhelmed by his portrayal, he doesn't bounce off T'Challa that well at all. Jericho could, at least he seems to be doing better I. The comics. Blade and Luke is a throw back to Hudlin

I feel like Adam hasn't had the right writer yet to really give him his due. I think Ewing was decent but he only wrote Adam in a team setting. I think Adam needs a solo series or at the very least another mini-series so that he can get all the panel time. A Blue Marvel solo by Ewing would be great. I like him because he can keep up with T'Challa intellectually in terms of physics. It would be interesting to have the two of them study Shadow Physics in more depth.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I feel like Adam hasn't had the right writer yet to really give him his due. I think Ewing was decent but he only wrote Adam in a team setting. I think Adam needs a solo series or at the very least another mini-series so that he can get all the panel time. A Blue Marvel solo by Ewing would be great. I like him because he can keep up with T'Challa intellectually in terms of physics. It would be interesting to have the two of them study Shadow Physics in more depth.
    Issue with Adam is his origin sadly.

Voodoo has the most potential. Monica is #2 only if you are gonna capitalize on the potential sexual tension.

Problem with both of them is the MCU might just Rhodey their ass....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Voodoo has the most potential. Monica is #2 only if you are gonna capitalize on the potential sexual tension.

Exactly, Which doesn't help that they are seemingly being introduced In The same fashion. So far at worse they get Rhodey'd, at best, they get that Tchalla treatment, but most likely? They become Sam Wilson's

Adam is kinda lame though, I was underwhelmed by his portrayal, he doesn't bounce off T'Challa that well at all. Jericho could, at least he seems to be doing better I. The comics. Blade and Luke is a throw back to Hudlin
    I must be fair and acknowledge you're right, Adam is pretty lame (or what we've gotten of him so far), and like MoS just said his origin story is a bit problematic.. and MCU Captain Marvel pretty much jacked his shtick of being this all powerful hero from the past.

I think Jericho can be the Caesar to BP's Huey Freeman. In the Boondocks comic Caesar was Huey's best friend and was a deep thinker like Huey but more whimsical about it compared to Huey's serious tone. Like the difference between me and skyvolt

But in general I think Jericho, with only some slight tweaks is the ideal
    Black Panther vs Thor

I like Adam's controversial origins. I think it makes for a great source to draw ideas/storylines from. I think Adam might have some regrets about hanging up his uniform when he did and now a part of him might be looking for redemption. I also liked the tension between him and Luke in MA's. Voodoo and T'Challa is great also and I definitely think the two of them can both benefit from more team-ups. I want to see Voodoo and T'Challa take on some mystical threats together. Voodoo and Shuri would also make for a great team-up now that she has her Griot abilities. The two of them going on some sort of mystical journey to Djalia and then working with the Orisha/Loa would be fun.

Also in terms of World's Finest team-ups for comics, I'm always going to go with BP+Storm as the best choice for me. The two already work well together as a team since they know each other so well and with Storm's newfound god-hood she could potentially reach Thor's level of power.

For the MCU, I would want BP & Voodoo. Although like you all mentioned he along with Monica and Adam can get sidelined very quickly.

I must be fair and acknowledge you're right, Adam is pretty lame (or what we've gotten of him so far), and like MoS just said his origin story is a bit problematic.. and MCU Captain Marvel pretty much jacked his shtick of being this all powerful hero from the past.

I think Jericho can be the Caesar to BP's Huey Freeman. In the Boondocks comic Caesar was Huey's best friend and was a deep thinker like Huey but more whimsical about it compared to Huey's serious tone. Like the difference between me and skyvolt

But in general I think Jericho, with only some slight tweaks is the ideal
    That and i think Adam is too passive on top of the isht origin, and he's dull.

Jericho could be that for Tchalla, even though honestly (at least when Hudlin used him) Luke really fit that ceaser role to Tchallas Huey for sure. Jericho can work. Both have a unique look, names, cool powers, have worked together in the past so it's not forced, and both got that swagger.

Honestly marvel needs to get their heads out of the sand and have Tchalla get that MU interaction. Tchalla gotta team up with Jericho, Luke, Blade, Monica, and help out young Miles , dude STILL hasn't gotten even a thank you letter for saving buddy from Danvers.

But for Jericho to work in the mcu, he needs to have that special magic that strange can't understand or master, and set him up as a dude who can throw down without strange helping

Exactly, Which doesn't help that they are seemingly being introduced In The same fashion. So far at worse they get Rhodey'd, at best, they get that Tchalla treatment, but most likely? They become Sam Wilson's
    Hey, at least they made Sam cool and distinct from Cap.

I still haven't figured out Rhodey's exitence lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah... could have done Adam's origin verbatim and at the end of the movie, he has to decide to stay and help his people (black people) or go to space to save worlds...

and have him choose worlds.

Gives him an "out" for giving up (saving worlds is cool too) without making it problematic and still making you think.

But that is all gone so... idk what you do with him if you wanna keep his origin somewhat comic accurate.

If we wanna throw out cinematic potential, he works though. One more thing for him and tchalla to be at odds about I suppose.

T'challa gonna have to lace them claws for neutronium for the inevitable fisticuffs though lol