Page 148 of 744 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Before this goes south...I'm not saying what she did was wrong but how she did it and the way people are taking it is were she messed up. The Captain Marvel movie should have been nothing but good press but no one is really talking about the movie or the character. Instead they are just talking about Brie Larson. Which may help or hurt her box office. *shrug*

Not sure I personally care either way. I'm not getting paid for it. I'm just at the point now that if she did mess it up for herself I would be happy to see Chadwick move right on in or some other character in the MCU. Opens the door for more screen time with those characters.
    Thing is, I don't think Marvel is going to drop the ball with T'Chadwick. His movie straight up smashed, is still talked about over a year later, was a cultural movement, and crushed the box office. He may not be the face but he will be shining. Only a fool would sideline their biggest IP. But at the same time I think marvel at this point also won't back down because they Said for years leading up that CM would be the been face and talked her up so they gotta follow through

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thing is, I don't think Marvel is going to drop the ball with T'Chadwick. His movie straight up smashed, is still talked about over a year later, was a cultural movement, and crushed the box office. He may not be the face but he will be shining. Only a fool would sideline their biggest IP. But at the same time I think marvel at this point also won't back down because they Said for years leading up that CM would be the been face and talked her up so they gotta follow through
    Yeah your probably right. But if Marvel actually cared about the beauties of capitalism they would push T'Chadwick( I saw and liked what you did there ). One Billion Dollars in the box office along with whatever merchandising they sold should be the end all of who is the face. The people have spoken lol. Only, way logically Brie should be the face after that is if her movie matches the One Billion dollar success.

However, with that said I know the realm of logic seems to be lost on most now of days so I'm not expecting much.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Is it bad that with all this Brie Larson controversy I'm secretly hoping Brie screwed the pooch at being the "Face" of the Marvel Universe moving forward and thereby letting Chadwick Boseman take that role instead?

I don't wish the movie ill but I'm not going to lie that I would rather it be Chadwick leading the way... I would also take Scarlet's Black Widow or Tom's Spider-Man...

Carol Danvers has never been a character I could get into. I like her on the Avengers but thats as far as it goes with me.
    Before this goes south...I'm not saying what she did was wrong but how she did it and the way people are taking it is were she messed up. The Captain Marvel movie should have been nothing but good press but no one is really talking about the movie or the character. Instead they are just talking about Brie Larson. Which may help or hurt her box office. *shrug*

Not sure I personally care either way. I'm not getting paid for it. I'm just at the point now that if she did mess it up for herself I would be happy to see Chadwick move right on in or some other character in the MCU. Opens the door for more screen time with those characters.
    Should Dr. Strange fans have been happy about all the stupid **** with BP and hoped BP bombed so Dr. Strange could be the defacto face?

I mean, come on

This coded speech about CM is the same coded speech everytime the BP movie gets mentioned.

[insert something to soften blow of your statement] + [add a but...] + [insert your own likely shitty opinion]

"I'm not racist but Black Panther is fake diversity bullshit"

"I'm not saying what she did was wrong but....."

Be better.

If 700 million domestic (3rd movie all time), 200 million opening, 1.3 billion WW, critical darling, most decorated comic book movie ever in awards season... if all that doesn't make Black Panther the new face of the franchise then NOTHING WILL and politics/white supremacy even trumps money and it doesn't matter what Captain Marvel does anyway. (unless of course is exceeds those things which would be mind blowing and deserving she take over lol).
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Should Dr. Strange fans have been happy about all the stupid **** with BP and hoped BP bombed so Dr. Strange could be the defacto face?

I mean, come on

This coded speech about CM is the same coded speech everytime the BP movie gets mentioned.

[insert something to soften blow of your statement] + [add a but...] + [insert your own likely shitty opinion]

"I'm not racist but Black Panther is fake diversity bullshit"

"I'm not saying what she did was wrong but....."

Be better.
    I'm not sure if you are directing this at me...but if you are I flat out said I really don't care about Captain Marvel as a character. I don't want her movie to do bad simply because I don't care about the character. I'm not coding anything I said all those things in those post. So again if you are talking about me Don't confuse APATHY with Hate.

If 700 million domestic (3rd movie all time), 200 million opening, 1.3 billion WW, critical darling, most decorated comic book movie ever in awards season... if all that doesn't make Black Panther the new face of the franchise then NOTHING WILL and politics/white supremacy even trumps money and it doesn't matter what Captain Marvel does anyway. (unless of course is exceeds those things which would be mind blowing and deserving she take over lol).
    So we are in agreement then? Not sure what the first part is about.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-20-2019 at 06:09 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Black Panther Vol. 2 #2 - For Duty, for Honor, for Country!

T'Challa is essentially under armed guard as an investigation for his fitness to rule is underway. However, he's more concerned with the Panther Beast across the border. Meanwhile, an Azanian super team is gathering. They're called The Supremacists and at least one has an Afrikaans name. I'm always in favor of more super teams, although this one lacks quite a bit of subtlety. I thought McGregor's story about real South Africa had a lot more nuance and complexity than this fake South Africa, but this story has a lot of other elements and might not have room for that complexity.

Meanwhile, some Azanian soldiers are rounding up natives. Suddenly, it's a beast, he's got fangs, razor sharp ones. Massive paws, killer claws for the - I'm sorry, what was I talking about again? Anyway, the beast's attack inspires an uprising of the prisoners and then the soldiers kill on the soldiers while the beast disappears.

The Wakandan ruling tribal council is debating what to do and how it's going to look. T'Challa implores them to think of the people being slaughtered and Medinao tells him to shut up. While he's under investigation, he has no voice in the council. However, T'Swana disagrees. He think T'Challa's voice is powerful and, to prove it, he challenges him to a fight. The fight is not a resounding victory for T'Challa but, before it ends either way, the Supremacists show up. They attack T'Challa, but he manages to escape. The Azanians began tearing up the capital.

What follows is very cool and reminds me a lot of his fight against the FF. T'Challa separates his enemies and defeats them one by one, often using their strengths against them. But it's not as good as it seems. He realizes his victory was not because of the Panther spirit but his own skill. It's also not good because Azania is launching nukes at Wakanda. T'Challa tries to make an announcement but nobody hears him. He remembers the words of Medinao that he has no voice at the council and decides to resign.

This was an odd ending. The religious/spiritual aspects are important and even the smallest symbols can mean much. But nukes have been launched so maybe it's not the best time. This issue also felt like it was playing for time quite a bit. It's really a series of fight scenes. I have no idea if the Supremacists appear in future issues but their defeat seemed to be a bit of a waste. I always like trying to figure out exactly how collaborative vs. autocratic Wakanda's government is at this point. We obviously know that there's a council of some kind that appears separate from the monarchy. We also know that the King is bound by traditions that he has to follow, including fights to challenge his rule and, apparently, judgments about whether the Panther spirit has abandoned him. But, as is typical, Wakandan government is useless without its King. Anyway, I liked this issue less than the first part, but I'm curious where it'll go from here.
    Old school comic = solving the villain problem in a half issue when it takes 3 issues these days lol

I'll repeat that I love the tribal stuff. I think this is one of the few comic series where you see some checks and balances in the government. The tribal council/priests have a ton of power when it is warranted... like the God of Wakanda abandoning the chosen champion. I wish future series would have piggy backed on this more but it is obvious that many future writers just straight up didn't read this series lol. give me more weird tribal laws please!

It is one reason why I never particularly loved the separation of king and black panther title. It does make some sense in the movie universe becuase they actually move in real time but in the comics, keeping them one and the same make sthe connection to Bast mean more to the country and gives the "relgious" tribal peeps more power.

(also explains why Shuri became queen despite T'challa still being alive)

Seems weird that T'challa just didn't tell the truth and say the spirit was gone, he did know, but maybe he knew the "back up plan" was crap behind it and he was still the best person for the job regardless

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Is it bad that with all this Brie Larson controversy I'm secretly hoping Brie screwed the pooch at being the "Face" of the Marvel Universe moving forward and thereby letting Chadwick Boseman take that role instead?

I don't wish the movie ill but I'm not going to lie that I would rather it be Chadwick leading the way... I would also take Scarlet's Black Widow or Tom's Spider-Man...

Carol Danvers has never been a character I could get into. I like her on the Avengers but thats as far as it goes with me.
    She not going to be the face of anything. Black Panther will still sell more. A counterfeit push is not going to work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'd definitely love Chadwick to be the face moving forward so to speak (and there's no way he doesn't become a major player like Cap did later on in the MCU), but I don't think Brie has really screwed up anything (at least not yet).

We know that the nerd fandom as of recently has been exposing their bigotry on all fronts and the Black Panther movie was also a victim of this. Granted, Chadwick nor the cast and crew were as outspoken on their sociopolitical stances as Brie Larson is, but she hasn't done anything wrong. All of her feminism has been twisted to messages of hate and therefore has received hate in return, and the movie has been labelled as "SJW propaganda" as a result.

I think at the end of the day, Brie is definitely gonna be embraced by the populace the same way Chadwick was despite the vocal minority. I'm not too sold on her yet but social media reactions are definitely heaping praise towards her way. Definitely wanted Panther to be the headliner, no doubt. But as long as I get great films from Coogler and great appearances in other films, I'll be good.
    You will settle for anything, sad. Don't worry many others will too.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    You will settle for anything, sad. Don't worry many others will too.
    What is your solution oh wise goku?

Boycott? Just means high ups go "there is no audience!"

Pay and complain? Just means they got your money so why would thye change?

So, what is the solution Kareem?

So, what is the solution Kareem?
    Make snide comments on the Internet to show how superior you are to the wannabe fans who CLEARLY don't have your discernment & taste?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I wasn't even going to respond to that race-baiting troll lol.

But really whatever has been thrown Brie Larson's or the movie's way is just fake outrage from a vocal minority

This woman just said she wants the movie's press coverage to be more inclusive and weird dudes start calling her a feminazi and a race betrayer lol.

Oh, why should we care what bigoted incels who can't stand to see other groups represented have to say, really? Wonder Woman and Black Panther dealt with it and still exceeded expectations. If Cap Marvel is as good as early reactions suggest, it'll be no different.

This is Marvel Studios we're talking about. Nothing sticks to them: they are like Teflon. The press for Cap Marvel is nowhere near as bad as Justice League.

What really matters is if people are saying your movie is terrible or not, or if the production is a mess. Cap Marvel is not dealing with those things.

Old school comic = solving the villain problem in a half issue when it takes 3 issues these days lol

I'll repeat that I love the tribal stuff. I think this is one of the few comic series where you see some checks and balances in the government. The tribal council/priests have a ton of power when it is warranted... like the God of Wakanda abandoning the chosen champion. I wish future series would have piggy backed on this more but it is obvious that many future writers just straight up didn't read this series lol. give me more weird tribal laws please!

It is one reason why I never particularly loved the separation of king and black panther title. It does make some sense in the movie universe becuase they actually move in real time but in the comics, keeping them one and the same make sthe connection to Bast mean more to the country and gives the "relgious" tribal peeps more power.

(also explains why Shuri became queen despite T'challa still being alive)

Seems weird that T'challa just didn't tell the truth and say the spirit was gone, he did know, but maybe he knew the "back up plan" was crap behind it and he was still the best person for the job regardless
    I definitely see what you're saying about the separation not making much sense. But really the tribal council stuff could work if writers decided to dig deep into the religious stuff regardless.

Really T'Challa needs more varied stories. He leans into almost anything. Straight up superhero action, political thriller stuff, royal family drama, mythically and religious stuff, sci-fi stuff. So many combinations you could pull off from these too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I definitely see what you're saying about the separation not making much sense. But really the tribal council stuff could work if writers decided to dig deep into the religious stuff regardless.

Really T'Challa needs more varied stories. He leans into almost anything. Straight up superhero action, political thriller stuff, royal family drama, mythically and religious stuff, sci-fi stuff. So many combinations you could pull off from these too.
    First issue post Secret Wars (call it Black Panther #0) should have been someone straight up challenging T'challa in Tribal Combat and people possibly protesting his crown.

He got the crown after nearly every Wakandan was dead and Shuri past it with no one around lol. Well, except for the lucky cameras that were there later I guess.

Someone out there woulda went, "wait a second I don't believe you"

There is a direct system in place if you don't like the king. Tournaments, challenges, various tribal laws.

They whole issue should have been him passing various tribal laws and challenges to make sure he still had Bast's blessing after all the crap that went down.

It would have been a fun "re-introduction" to Black Panther for his first solo in years. Great for people to jump on while catching them up to speed of what happened in those years via T'challa's thoughts during the challenges. While also giving us an introduction of the current government in place before Coates decided to make it boring and dismantle it.

Anything good in Avengers or Shuri?

A fantastic Black Panther video game pitch I stumbled upon written by someone who truly gets T'Challa as well as his world. Really encapsulates how Black Panther is a different kind of superhero and why his game needs to feel like a different kind of superhero game.

https://medium.com/@MichaelBridgett/...r-ca3d5a9ce859

Favourite element discussed:

Playing The King

Imagine a war breaking out in a variety of skirmishes across borders. Your job as Black Panther would be to command military forces and manage resources along with your vibranium stores, your capital, your relationships with other countries and world powers, and your variety of warriors and classes of attack and defense units.

It could honestly be a strategy game unto itself a’la the Civilization series. You’d talk to your advisors like W’kabi, Zuri, Okoye, and Ramonda using their council and abilities to make gain information, control your forces, and build new units and powers to use. Shuri could be your advisor to help you plan and build bigger and better unitis. Then, with a mechanic similar to the ones used in the relaunched X-com series (or something more action oriented) you could take to the ground and deploy yourself along the Hatute Zeraze (War Dogs) to take more actions and best enemies and units and affect the outcome of larger battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If you got Vibranium stacks, box like the King.

https://www.hayabusafight.com/collections/boxing-gloves

250!!!!
    Man even if I was a millionaire that would be too much