Page 150 of 744 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 11160

As far as Captain Marvel...

Not everything is for me, so outside of not wanting any solo superhero film (not named Black Panther 2 or Black Panther 3) to ever exceed 700 million domestic or 200 million opening (bc i like to talk that ****)... i don't really care what she does anymore than I did Ant&Wasp.

Which i finally caught on bootleg a couple weeks ago, and man... that light bright playing ghost was beautiful. jesus
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    As far as Captain Marvel...

Not everything is for me, so outside of not wanting any solo superhero film (not named Black Panther 2 or Black Panther 3) to ever exceed 700 million domestic or 200 million opening (bc i like to talk that ****)... i don't really care what she does anymore than I did Ant&Wasp.

Which i finally caught on bootleg a couple weeks ago, and man... that light bright playing ghost was beautiful. jesus
    What do you want to see in BP2? Never heard your thoughts of what direction the sequel should go.

The solicits for Shuri and BP got me going meh.... However, the cover for BP and the variant cover are fire.. Okoye Gurira successfully made the jump to comics.. still a little salty that artists still ain't got the picture that T'Challa needs the MCU make over for the habit. Okoye got hers.. what's it going to take??

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Black Panther Vol. 2 #3 - The Moorbecx Communique!

The comic opens in Paris. Two people are talking to each other. The language printed on the page is French, but there's those little <> symbols around it, which would suggest it's translated into French from another language. Anyway, the head of the Wakandan trade delegation is a woman named Malaika. She was in last issue and helped send the message to T'Challa about the nukes. Apparently, T'Challa decided to fly over to France to ask her about it. However, apparently the Wakandan ruling council has ordered T'Challa's arrest by any means necessary. She pulls a gun on her King, but she isn't really serious.

I know people have suggested combining Malaika and movie Nakia. I can see the argument. She certainly seems to fit. Officially, she's just a delegate, but she's competent and definitely has some spy tendencies. Specifically, there is an organization called "The Order of the Panther" that seems to function in the way the movies use the Hatut Zeraze. She also has some kind of romantic history with T'Challa. In the comics, she might be the only Wakandan he's had romantic interest in (at least that I can recall). It's a shame that she's such an obscure character.

By the way, the man who cheated for T'Challa in the White Ape ceremony was the one who sent a message regarding the nukes last issue (with the help of Malaika). I didn't mention it because I had no idea who he was. I assume he was the more pro-western guy seen earlier in a suit as well. I appreciate the story not dumbing things down, but I totally missed it.

Malaika leads T'Challa to a very shady man by the name of Mr. Littel (not to be confused with Abner Little from Jack Kirby's run). He offers to tell T'Challa the location of the Azanian missles in exchange for 25 Million Francs and his Avengers ID Card. T'Challa gladly hands over both. T'Challa then buys a helicopter, slips a few bars of Vibranium in it to soup it up to superspeed, and heads across the Azanian border. He travels from the country that was still then Zaire, which is a nice way to hedge your bets when you don't want to commit to where Wakanda is since it's arguably more centrally located than the Central African Republic.

T'Challa meets the general launching the missile and offers to surrender in exchange for it being deactivated. He also agrees not to rip his heart out like he had originally intended. Meanwhile, in Wakanda, the Council finds out about the nuclear attack. I do like that they're not portrayed as idiots. They follow their traditions, but it's clear they would have absolutely supported T'Challa had they known. Just then, T'Challa appears on screen in Azania. He once again tells those in rebellion to stop their revolt because of the loss of human life. He then tells them to fight back to stop this injustice and to show the world how monstrous the Azanian government is. He then proceeds to kick everyone's ass while on camera. Unfortunately, Azania filled the air with a gas that doesn't effect you unless you exert yourself in the way he just did and T'Challa falls unconscious.

While T'Challa sits chained, he sees something approach his cell. The creature identifies itself as the god he forsook when he abandoned [her] people. [She] frees him, but tells him that, when this is over, he will die at [her] hand. Once free, T'Challa fights his way to the missile. He climbs it as it launches and manages to tamper with it to deflect it off course. He then falls from it and lands hard.

This issue might be the strongest one so far. It's exciting and tense. The spy elements add a cool vibe to the story. The art in this issue is a lot of fun. I haven't given much credit to Denys Cowan, but the layouts are dynamic and it looks pretty good. It reminds me a lot of some of the creative work Billy Graham was doing in Panther's Rage. My only real complaint is I'm not entirely clear if Malaika dies or not at the end.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

SHURI #8
    NNEDI OKORAFOR (W) • RACHAEL STOTT (A)
    Cover by KIRBI FAGAN
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY HEEJIN JEON
    SHURI TAKES UP THE BLACK PANTHER MANTLE ONCE AGAIN!
    Nnedi Okorafor returns alongside rising star artist Rachael Stott with a brand-new arc! But this is a Black Panther you’ve never seen before — one who will change Wakanda forever. Something has stolen pieces of the Djalia, the plane of Wakandan memory, and it’s up to the Princess of Wakanda to save it. But for every piece of the Djalia lost, a piece of Shuri disappears as well. Will a new suit be enough to save herself and her nation?

BLACK PANTHER #12
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • JEN BARTEL (A)
    Cover by PAOLO RIVERA & DANIEL ACUñA
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY HEYJIN IM
    THE “GATHERING OF MY NAME” REACHES A TURNING POINT!
    The can’t-miss issue! Rising star Jen Bartel returns for the end of the second groundbreaking arc. Years ago, the Black Panther departed Earth for the stars — and discovered an empire bigger than he could have dreamed. Learn at last how the King of Wakanda found himself a slave in the Vibranium mines of a half-familiar world. T’Challa’s lost past is revealed here!

This is some Skrull plot. We got three Black Panthers running around in May. In a month where most everything else has a War of Reals banner. This is what obscurity looks like. Lol.

Ultimate Member

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...ransition.html

Although comics and graphic novel sales didn’t drop off as sharply in 2018 as they did in 2017, according to pop culture trade news site ICv2, the past year presented challenges to comics retailers. Some say that they’re in the midst of a transitional period—a sea change in the way comics are sold and distributed—and that, though general bookstores with robust graphic novel sections are faring well, traditional comic book shops must be increasingly vigilant to stay in the black.

Bestselling graphic novel lists for bookstores and comics shops were dominated by volumes one, eight, and nine of Saga, Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples’s bestselling Image graphic novel series. The lists also featured the Adventure Zone: Here There Be Gerblins, an RPG podcast turned wildly popular graphic novel series; Monstress, Vol. 1; volumes one and four of Paper Girls, and Ta-Nehisi Coates’s Black Panther collections.
    Digest that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    This is some Skrull plot. We got three Black Panthers running around in May. In a month where most everything else has a War of Reals banner. This is what obscurity looks like. Lol.
    That's just how it is when your star is on the rise. At Wolverine's height he was like in half a dozen books at once.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's no surprise. I think we've known all along BP stuff has been doing pretty well on-line and in trades.

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    What do you want to see in BP2? Never heard your thoughts of what direction the sequel should go.
    No more ceremonial challenges. i accept the outcomes of the M'Baku and Erik fights as somewhat necessary evils, but moving forward they should raise the level of his competition's power level to make BP look good, instead of draining him of his powers to allow others to look good. Give him that character protection the Russos largely give Cap. (kick ass one on one fights and action set pieces)

I want the suit itself to go through it's upgrade to where it's more in line with Aaron, Hickman, and Priest's stuff. I don't care what combo of tech tbh, I just want a lot, and for it to be fun and innovative like the force push, but diversified (not just one new edition) and ever evolving. Embrace the 007 aspect.

I prefer Killmonger stay dead but I want to continue the trend of revamped BP villains modernized for this generation. Baron Macabre, Solomon, the Supremacists as a Sinister Six (or however many they are), Achebe; take your pick but it should be a Nolan Batman vibe where you get as excited for a big name or great actor playing a villain, bc he gon act his ass off and have a great script. I think there also needs to be a female villain like Zanda or Zenzi for Okoye and Nakia to beat up.

Now that they've validated their budget, they should improve their effects and show more of Wakanda and specifically more of the other tribes. I'd like N'Kano and QDJ to be introduced, and both of them to be youger than Shuri. I'd want N'Kano's powerset to be taken very seriously as well. The idea of a super powerful young black kid is an Afrikan miles waiting to happen. He'd be what Boyega should've been as Finn.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

Wow! Incredible

I finally got to watch episode 21 of Panther's quest.

And I have to say that the second half of that episode was some of the finest animated storytelling that I've ever seen. I'm talking on Justice league's dc Superman vs Doomsday level.

Absolute genius that screams that it's being made by a true longtime fan of both the character and the Nation of Wakanda.

I actually purchased it on Amazon prime to watch it. First time I've ever paid for an episode of a cartoon or TV series.
    I'ma need at least three season and secret invasion bro

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The first paragraph explains it. Trades aren't selling that well. Coates is near the top of a sinking ship.