Page 154 of 744 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    The first movie already established they'd been in a relationship for quite awhile, and they even briefly teased about the role of a queen. They don't need to wait to at all. Hell, 90% of the movies my wife watches start with the couple stumbling into each other in the beginning and being married by the end.
    If we're talking a single movie with a beginning, middle and end then sure... have them live happily ever after at the end of the movie.

If you're talking about a TV show or a movie with multiple parts, then the marriage is probably your pay off you want to build towards. It's more about the journey than the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The Daredevil TV show handled enhanced senses really, really well and that's the kind of stuff I wanted to see. Sometimes it's Matt just pointing out stuff a normal shouldn't be able to (like the smell of aftershave on a guy several floors below) or you get a full sequence of Matt using his senses to track people.

There are a few moments in the film T'Challa's enhanced senses could have been shown, are there are some that it makes sense that they were used anyway. So just a bit more emphasis
    Good point, forgot about him.

The first movie already established they'd been in a relationship for quite awhile, and they even briefly teased about the role of a queen. They don't need to wait to at all. Hell, 90% of the movies my wife watches start with the couple stumbling into each other in the beginning and being married by the end.
    Exactly. And it sounds like the split amicably to start with because Nakia wanted to go help the world.

The relationship is 100% established and certified. Only people who have some sort of ulterior motive think there needs to be more time.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Good point, forgot about him.

Exactly. And it sounds like the split amicably to start with because Nakia wanted to go help the world.

The relationship is 100% established and certified. Only people who have some sort of ulterior motive think there needs to be more time.
    I don't think you need an alterior motive to believe that something like a marriage needs to be built towards on screen. It's a show not tell sort of thing. They told us they had a relationship... one that existed entirely off screen. It's basically the relationship equivalent of the Black Dwarf fight in Infinity. Yeah, we know they fought... and yeah we know who won. But the fun part, if it's well handled, is seeing how we got there.

Lol. There basically was, and every film student is forced to watch it.

The grade school I went to was named for the President who claimed it was like writing history with lighting.
    It's just funny how people bitch about that then will casually ignore how movies will have a white protagonist show up integrate/ take over other cultures and think nothing of it. Movie's like dances with wolves, the last samurai, and Avatar

just remembered that IDW BP comic. It was supposed to come out in January, but looks liked it got pushed to March.

Tony obviously isn't in it
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I love it. And for old school art, yeah I like it too. I don't really have anyting to add to what you said.

IDK if it is clear, but I do feel this story is the most underrated story in BP comic history. I think it captures a little of everything that defines T'challa.
    I'll add more thoughts after my final review tonight. I will say right now that it has improved significantly in my view since the first time I read it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

Never checked out this season. Had no idea BP was this badass in it from the gifs being posted.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Black Panther Vol. 2 #4 - A Cat Can Look at a King...

Wakanda celebrates T'Challa's victory, including Malaika (yay). But T'Challa doesn't feel like celebrating. He has one battle left to fight. He goes to face the Panther god. During the fight, the god scolds T'Challa for not helping [his] people. T'Challa thought he was helping, but the god doesn't think it was nearly enough. The Panther god's views are interesting. Honestly, they remind me a lot of Erik Killmonger in the movie. The fight takes T'Challa into the technological jungle. That seems to help for a moment, but then they fight anew. T'Challa eventually uses the techno jungle to gain an advantage over the man the Panther god is inhabiting, who collapses unconscious. But the Panther god itself is still strong.

Meanwhile, in Azania, a few men walk into a government meeting. One of them has proof that T'Challa was in Paris when the Panther god attacked. Specifically, he has photographs and T'Challa's Avengers ID Card. They realize that, if the revolt got this far without the Black Panther, maybe it would succeed with him. They decide to reach a political solution to end apartheid.

Back in the fight, T'Challa tells his god that he will never stop fighting against what is wrong, even if it's against his god. At this, the god tells him that he's learned his lesson and leaves.

And that's pretty much how the issue ends. When I first read this story, I thought it was OK, but not great. This time, I like it much more. I think I was skeptical of the literal religious aspects. I love the Black Panther's mythology, but I didn't like an actual physical entity being there. It also felt like it was undercutting T'Challa's own fighting skills and the Heart-Shaped Herb if the Panther god is what gave him strength. But I read this story fairly early, having only really read Lee's Fantastic Four, McGregor's Jungle Action, Kirby's Black Panther, and the stories that finished out that volume. Since then, the role of the Panther god[dess] took on a much stronger aspect of the character's background. I also think the art is quite strong for the time. The story takes much greater influence from Panther's Rage than I had realized considering, to my knowledge, the only character who overlaps is T'Challa.

That being said, issues one and three are the strongest. I thought issue two was OK, but not great. Issue four has some very good moments, but I also found the ending to be underwhelming. Still, I would definitely recommend anyone check it out if you're a fan of the character.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Never checked out this season. Had no idea BP was this badass in it from the gifs being posted.
    He embarrassed Cap good in his premier episode. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

Wakanda celebrates T'Challa's victory, including Malaika (yay). But T'Challa doesn't feel like celebrating. He has one battle left to fight. He goes to face the Panther god. During the fight, the god scolds T'Challa for not helping [his] people. T'Challa thought he was helping, but the god doesn't think it was nearly enough. The Panther god's views are interesting. Honestly, they remind me a lot of Erik Killmonger in the movie. The fight takes T'Challa into the technological jungle. That seems to help for a moment, but then they fight anew. T'Challa eventually uses the techno jungle to gain an advantage over the man the Panther god is inhabiting, who collapses unconscious. But the Panther god itself is still strong.

Meanwhile, in Azania, a few men walk into a government meeting. One of them has proof that T'Challa was in Paris when the Panther god attacked. Specifically, he has photographs and T'Challa's Avengers ID Card. They realize that, if the revolt got this far without the Black Panther, maybe it would succeed with him. They decide to reach a political solution to end apartheid.

Back in the fight, T'Challa tells his god that he will never stop fighting against what is wrong, even if it's against his god. At this, the god tells him that he's learned his lesson and leaves.

And that's pretty much how the issue ends. When I first read this story, I thought it was OK, but not great. This time, I like it much more. I think I was skeptical of the literal religious aspects. I love the Black Panther's mythology, but I didn't like an actual physical entity being there. It also felt like it was undercutting T'Challa's own fighting skills and the Heart-Shaped Herb if the Panther god is what gave him strength. But I read this story fairly early, having only really read Lee's Fantastic Four, McGregor's Jungle Action, Kirby's Black Panther, and the stories that finished out that volume. Since then, the role of the Panther god[dess] took on a much stronger aspect of the character's background. I also think the art is quite strong for the time. The story takes much greater influence from Panther's Rage than I had realized considering, to my knowledge, the only character who overlaps is T'Challa.

That being said, issues one and three are the strongest. I thought issue two was OK, but not great. Issue four has some very good moments, but I also found the ending to be underwhelming. Still, I would definitely recommend anyone check it out if you're a fan of the character.
    This series sort of made me wish they didn't retcon the Panther god into being Bast. I sort of liked the Panther God being it's own thing. Plus, making it an Egyptian god sort of took away a bit of the Panthers God mystique, by making it essentially a Pantheon god like Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    This series sort of made me wish they didn't retcon the Panther god into being Bast. I sort of liked the Panther God being it's own thing. Plus, making it an Egyptian god sort of took away a bit of the Panthers God mystique, by making it essentially a Pantheon god like Thor.
    I dont think it is a retcon. Priest just expanded her scale. Tchalla said Egyptian gods were the local gods first then became known in egypt later or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He embarrassed Cap good in his premier episode. lol
    Indeed.

Last edited by XJlock; 02-21-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

The second to last paragraph is interesting as a fan who came into the character much later... Bast was already the "source" of the powers by the time I started reading the character.

This is probably in my top ten favorite stories id imagine if I sat down and wrote a list.

Mendinao was also in Panther's Rage I thought? He was at least in Panther's Prey.

This comic gets better with time IMO. It is unfortunate Gillis is basically black balled at Marvel. I would love a lot more of this type of stuff to creep into the cartoons and future movies. In only 4 issues, Gillis did a great job integrating politics, tribal, mysticim/gods, prep T'challa, whoop ass t'challa, while still getting into what makes T'challa click as a person.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html