Page 152 of 744 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 11160

Ryan Coogler got surprised by a young fan dressed as Shuri during an interview

https://mobile.twitter.com/nostalgia...76216651931648

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Hello everyone,

It has been awhile since I posted in here.

Question: Who would you like to write the next run of Black Panther? I would like either Paul Dini, Greg Rucka, Dan Abnett, or possible Jeph Loeb. This based on past work they have done.

Thought: Seeing how in the 3rd movie of an MCU film the hero always loses something (i.e Cap lost his shield in CW, tony stark lost his armor and mechanical heart in IM 3, Thor lost his hammer in Ragnarok, I am starting to think that Black Panther 3 will be based on Doomwar. Oh the horror!

Question: If you could set T'Challa's standard gear and powers, based on 616 marvel comic continuity, what would it be?

My Pick
    For powers & abilities: Heightened senses, Super-Soldier abilities of peak human potential (no king of dead or magic spear), Genius Intelligence, Master Martial Artist, Master Acrobat, Expert Marksman, Master Tactician,Expert Tracker & Hunter, Multilingual, Master Inventor,

For standard gear: Vibranium Microweave Mesh, Anti-Metal Claws, Energy-Dampening Boots, Vibranium Energy Daggers, Force Push
    Welcome back, Vibranium Weave.

I'm not all too familiar with many writers, but I would like to see Evan Narcisse, Warren Ellis, Al Ewing, Jason Aaron, and (*prepares for controversy*) Jonathan Hickman to write BP. I used to want Nick Spencer to write BP as well because I loved how he wrote Nazi Cap as this chess master type prior to Secret Empire, but I didn't really like how BP was handled in that event. But he might still do a good job perhaps. I also would like Priest to return someday as unlikely as it is.

For powers, abilities and standard gear:

Powers: Superhuman physical stats (strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, healing), Enhanced physical senses (sight with night vision, hearing, smell, touch, taste), Supernatural senses (limited cosmic awareness, magical energy detection and tracking), Ancestral connection (communion with past BPs, memories and experiences of past BPs, ability to enter the Ancestral Plane).

Abilities: Genius level intellect, Master strategist, Master martial artist, Master acrobat, Expert marksman, Expert hunter and tracker, Master of stealth and spy abilities, Multilingual including ancient and unknown languages, Master inventor.

Standard gear: Vibranium nanotech Black Panther habit, built-in Kimoyo OS and super computer (Ewing's Ultimates, Narcisse's Rise), Camouflage tech (Hickman's New Avengers), Kinetic energy redistribution* (Coates' Black Panther and MCU), Sound absorbing tech with Active Phase Resonator technology (Narcisse's Rise), hand and foot Vibranium claws (MCU), Energy daggers** (Priest's Black Panther), Kimoyo beads tech (MCU), Vibrating energy dampening soles*** (Priest's Black Panther), and Hard light decoys (BP vs DP).

*I think this ability has been shown to be a bit too capable. I don't think the suit be able to absorb that much energy and can send hoards of goons flying with one blow. Rather this ability could be a bit more varied. First the more blows the suit receives, the stronger it gets. First blow from the Iron Fist send T'Challa back (and hurts). Second blow staggers him or knocks him off his feet only. Third blow is completely negated and now can be countered. Secondly, the energy redistribution should be used to enhance blows. T'Challa sends an armoured truck rolling into goons with a punch or kick. T'Challa jumps of a great height, absorbs the energy from the fall and from a ground roll launches himself forward with blinding speed and force that he takes out three/four goons with one strike.

**Energy daggers are an iconic part of T'Challa's gear but I'd rather do without them since they can be a little redundant. His knives/daggers should be his claws, the tracking element is covered with his skills and senses, and the energy countering thing could be covered with his suit's abilities, or could be transferred to his claws. If the idea is to give T'Challa ranged weapons, I say he doesn't really need them. I'd rather have the beads fit this as situational sort of gear as they're easier to define and fit his theme a bit more. But if I wear to add the daggers, I'd make them vibrating Vibranium metal daggers, capable of vibrating at various frequencies and can release energy bolts to stun or kill.

***The energy dampening soles are also a bit redundant. Aside from allowing T'Challa to stick to certain surfaces, their other properties could be covered by the suits abilities or T'Challa's skills. I'd suggest that the suit has extra padded soles and palms (to mimic leopard paws) that allow for silent, energy absorbed landings instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Shuri. Not as good as last week. She puts a Black Panther habit on at the end. Not sure if she is doing it just for appearances because there as no ritual on anything. I see it as the equivalent of Tchalla putting on a Panther like costume for Liss.
    S'yan wore the habit in WitBP as well. Although I am not sure how much of that is still canon at this point.

I really dislike this book.

Avengers. Not much BP, but a good overall issue.
    I'm liking this vampire stuff. These dudes feel like a threat.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Black Panther Vol. 2 #3 - The Moorbecx Communique!

The comic opens in Paris. Two people are talking to each other. The language printed on the page is French, but there's those little <> symbols around it, which would suggest it's translated into French from another language. Anyway, the head of the Wakandan trade delegation is a woman named Malaika. She was in last issue and helped send the message to T'Challa about the nukes. Apparently, T'Challa decided to fly over to France to ask her about it. However, apparently the Wakandan ruling council has ordered T'Challa's arrest by any means necessary. She pulls a gun on her King, but she isn't really serious.

I know people have suggested combining Malaika and movie Nakia. I can see the argument. She certainly seems to fit. Officially, she's just a delegate, but she's competent and definitely has some spy tendencies. Specifically, there is an organization called "The Order of the Panther" that seems to function in the way the movies use the Hatut Zeraze. She also has some kind of romantic history with T'Challa. In the comics, she might be the only Wakandan he's had romantic interest in (at least that I can recall). It's a shame that she's such an obscure character.

By the way, the man who cheated for T'Challa in the White Ape ceremony was the one who sent a message regarding the nukes last issue (with the help of Malaika). I didn't mention it because I had no idea who he was. I assume he was the more pro-western guy seen earlier in a suit as well. I appreciate the story not dumbing things down, but I totally missed it.

Malaika leads T'Challa to a very shady man by the name of Mr. Littel (not to be confused with Abner Little from Jack Kirby's run). He offers to tell T'Challa the location of the Azanian missles in exchange for 25 Million Francs and his Avengers ID Card. T'Challa gladly hands over both. T'Challa then buys a helicopter, slips a few bars of Vibranium in it to soup it up to superspeed, and heads across the Azanian border. He travels from the country that was still then Zaire, which is a nice way to hedge your bets when you don't want to commit to where Wakanda is since it's arguably more centrally located than the Central African Republic.

T'Challa meets the general launching the missile and offers to surrender in exchange for it being deactivated. He also agrees not to rip his heart out like he had originally intended. Meanwhile, in Wakanda, the Council finds out about the nuclear attack. I do like that they're not portrayed as idiots. They follow their traditions, but it's clear they would have absolutely supported T'Challa had they known. Just then, T'Challa appears on screen in Azania. He once again tells those in rebellion to stop their revolt because of the loss of human life. He then tells them to fight back to stop this injustice and to show the world how monstrous the Azanian government is. He then proceeds to kick everyone's ass while on camera. Unfortunately, Azania filled the air with a gas that doesn't effect you unless you exert yourself in the way he just did and T'Challa falls unconscious.

While T'Challa sits chained, he sees something approach his cell. The creature identifies itself as the god he forsook when he abandoned [her] people. [She] frees him, but tells him that, when this is over, he will die at [her] hand. Once free, T'Challa fights his way to the missile. He climbs it as it launches and manages to tamper with it to deflect it off course. He then falls from it and lands hard.

This issue might be the strongest one so far. It's exciting and tense. The spy elements add a cool vibe to the story. The art in this issue is a lot of fun. I haven't given much credit to Denys Cowan, but the layouts are dynamic and it looks pretty good. It reminds me a lot of some of the creative work Billy Graham was doing in Panther's Rage. My only real complaint is I'm not entirely clear if Malaika dies or not at the end.
    I love it. And for old school art, yeah I like it too. I don't really have anyting to add to what you said.

IDK if it is clear, but I do feel this story is the most underrated story in BP comic history. I think it captures a little of everything that defines T'challa.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Forgot to add Hudlin’s sky bike. When was the last time we seen the sky bike? Hope that Ryan adds it in the sequel.
    Rise of the Black Panther used something sky bike looking

Black Panther is the first superhero movie to be nominated for the "Best Picture" Oscar and while Roma is the current favourite to walk away with the top prize, T'Challa is clearly #1 in the hearts and minds of regular moviegoers.

USA Today recently got Fandango to conduct a poll, and the Marvel Studios movie was the landslide winner with 24% of the vote based on a survey conducted with over 3000 frequent theater visitors. It beat the likes of A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody, and it's clear that the Wakandan Warrior's first solo adventure has struck a chord with people.

"It reminded them that entertainment could also be meaningful and change lives and change the world," Fandango Managing Editor Erik Davis said when asked about Black Panther's popularity.

The Academy is obviously a very different beast to the general movie watching public, but it's hard not to get excited about the prospect of the Ryan Coogler-helmed release walking away with the big one. Whether or not it will happen remains to be seen, but this is a big win for the genre either way.
    LOL

Remember, BP is overrated guys

Academy... GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!

I want to see the carnage afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah it was a little hard to see but I saw it as T'Challa was holding the advantage mostly, Which is fine and realistically how it should of been. Erik operates on anger and against a master class fighter (especially one with a clear head) your not going to pull out the win on anger alone. That's why he had no choice but to compliment on T'Challas baller dagger to the chest. But I hear ya though, now is the time to pull out all the stops, especially because we know how well the habit tanks hits, he has to go against someone at minimum Spideys level of strength. They gotta go big
    Klaw is the only BP rogue who is that strong, apart from maybe Man Ape. So assuming they don't out source a villain, it would require a heel turn from M'Baku (along with a power boost like he got in the comics) or Klaw being resurrected in his sound form. Though the later is potentially an easy fight if Mcu Klaw has the same weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Black Panther is the first superhero movie to be nominated for the "Best Picture" Oscar and while Roma is the current favourite to walk away with the top prize, T'Challa is clearly #1 in the hearts and minds of regular moviegoers.

USA Today recently got Fandango to conduct a poll, and the Marvel Studios movie was the landslide winner with 24% of the vote based on a survey conducted with over 3000 frequent theater visitors.
    It beat the likes of A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody, and it's clear that the Wakandan Warrior's first solo adventure has struck a chord with people.

"It reminded them that entertainment could also be meaningful and change lives and change the world," Fandango Managing Editor Erik Davis said when asked about Black Panther's popularity.

The Academy is obviously a very different beast to the general movie watching public, but it's hard not to get excited about the prospect of the Ryan Coogler-helmed release walking away with the big one. Whether or not it will happen remains to be seen, but this is a big win for the genre either way.
    LOL

Remember, BP is overrated guys

Academy... GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!

I want to see the carnage afterwards.
    But that doesn't add up with what the reliable and objective reddit subforum/youtube comment section-mongers say

Articles like the above with their "measurements" and "quantitative data" is offensive and an attack on internet culture
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Honestly, up until i saw the youtube with the healthbars, i thought the final fight was even; but mostly because it got a lil too cartoony that i couldn't really follow it all too well. But the last part when they had Erik overpowering BP with the knife was one of the few times we got to see things slowed down and focused, so was the next moment when BP out-crafted him and stabbed him in the chest. That's the sequence where bp looked on the ropes ('this is it, cousin") then outsmarted Erik for the win. But upon watching the youtube, it was clear BP was dominating from start to finish. So basically i want some cleaner wins for BP vs non-redshirts lol, like what we got vs Hawkeye and Bucky.

Now like you said, him fighting someone like BD or the Supremacists... yea, then i'd be down for him struggling and pulling out that major win bc of his wit and ability to adapt/strategize. That's the type of stuff i'd like to see from BP in his sequels and future Avenger/event films
    I do agree with some of this (the other post too). But some of it is Marvel tropes, especially for the first movie.

Tony was left for dead by Stane and was saved by a robot. He then couldn't even beat Stane himself and Pepper had to blow the building.

Thor literally died for a bit after the destoryer smacked him. He then was losing the fight with Loki (with a built in "i don't want to kill my brother) until he finally got bored and lightning AOE his ass.

Cap got rocked by Skull first meeting. Fucked up and got his best bud killed on the train. And was losing that fight to Skull until Skull decided to hold an infinity stone by hand like an idiot. And then Cap had to kill himself to save the day.

Strange was 100% outclassed by Kaecilius (and even goons lol) until he pulled a magic macguffin out of his ass.

I think Ant-Man was losing to Yellowjacket until he suicides himself. GoG as a squad got bitchslapped. Spider-Man pretty much failed the whole movie lol.

What was weird about BP, compared to the others (except Spider-Man) is that we saw him in a movie right before where he was Jason Vorhees in a kitty suit. So watching him take L's or near L's was jarring. Also... some of hte editing needed a bit of work IMO in those fights.

Thank BAst we got a 100% definitive, no macguffin, no suicide, solo kill in the end. That is EXTREMELY rare in the MCU.

BP2 he will get amped up a bit I'd imagine just like the others did. you always gotta do "more" to keep the casual interest.

I want to see more James Bond style action in the next BP. Have him (or Nakia) go to Madripoor and show them actually doing undercover work, in the first movie we see like 35 seconds of undercover work that immediately gets blown.

Let's see Nakia do some badass covert stuff, and have BP play mental chess against the head of a rogue country. Maybe they could have developed that knock off heart shaped herb Killmonger gave Kasper Cole in the comics and BP is trying to shut the HSH trade down.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I want to see more James Bond style action in the next BP. Have him (or Nakia) go to Madripoor and show them actually doing undercover work, in the first movie we see like 35 seconds of undercover work that immediately gets blown.

Let's see Nakia do some badass covert stuff, and have BP play mental chess against the head of a rogue country. Maybe they could have developed that knock off heart shaped herb Killmonger gave Kasper Cole in the comics and BP is trying to shut the HSH trade down.
    I just don't see how he wouldn't be recognized immediately though.

As soon as he went to the UN, he just became the most desirable bachelor in the world lol

Of course you could use that to his advantage... have T'challa in clear sight gathering all the attention while a war dog does the dirty work elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
    SWEET! Love em both but the bottom one is powerful!
    It would be a bit more powerful if it didn't feel like an homage to Kryptonian Jesus:

Particularly since those characters tend to die for thematic reasons. :P

Honestly, though, I just don't care anymore. Unless somebody lights the BoG Signal (™ pending ) I think I'm going to just lurk until Endgame drops.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I just don't see how he wouldn't be recognized immediately though.

As soon as he went to the UN, he just became the most desirable bachelor in the world lol

Of course you could use that to his advantage... have T'challa in clear sight gathering all the attention while a war dog does the dirty work elsewhere.
    Give him one of those Mission Impossible facemasks, or have him use active Camo on his suit.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Give him one of those Mission Impossible facemasks, or have him use active Camo on his suit.

Can Denzel make a cameo playing spy mask T'challa!!???