Page 515 of 744 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565615 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 11160

"people like me hire people like you"

awwww... that subtle, royal, peak confidence type stuff. I miss it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I like that phrase. Might need to added to the BP lexicon with "goon slam Gary" and "bass in his voice"

BANNED

I see the real T"Challa is still Miss Ng in action from the pages of his solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I like that phrase. Might need to added to the BP lexicon with "goon slam Gary" and "bass in his voice"
    There is the more arrogant chatty tony stark confidence

then the "properly written" T'challa confidence that Coogler got right with Tchadwick along with Priest, Hudlin, Liss, ect.

Not this... skrull in his current solo lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I see the real T"Challa is still Miss Ng in action from the pages of his solo book.
    Mopey pants is back. Coates loves woes is me, I hate being King sucka T'Chumpa

For birthday week I treated myself...

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-col...-black-panther

The story thus far...

After a long week of shopping which included buying the Black Panther Prelude to the movie graphic novel featuring some Jungle Action, a little classic Priest, a Hudlin issue and some "Coates" I went looking for a Black Panther toy to use as a pose reference for my own character!

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away my son somehow lost a posable Black Panther toy with the cape so basically I was searching for a decent substitute and came across this figure at a LCS and was pretty much in tag it and bag it mode upon first sight!

Arguably the best toy I ever purchased you just have to make sure not to lose the exchangeable parts though it comes with a handy bag to store the extra head, hands, shield and spear!

If anybody needs me I will be concluding birthday week with a trip to the sandbox to get my grown @$$ man play on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMxTFqPET5I
    Get Hectic!

I've been watching American Gods on Starz and I think it really interesting how they portray the African Gods.

Bast even makes an appearance in season 2.

I don't want to spoil anything but anyone who is interested in African mythology should definitely check out this show.
    The J-man

BANNED

The same big dick energy can be seen here on full display...

Being a "king" with no power there doesn't really portray the same sort of "big dick energy" at all.

He's like a suburban dude with a big truck at that point.

Context.

BANNED

Being a "king" with no power there doesn't really portray the same sort of "big dick energy" at all.

He's like a suburban dude with a big truck at that point.

Context.
    Lol a king with no power? I think I'll agree to disagree. The only man with the competence, swagger and gumption to juggle a roster of individuals more powerful than himself isn't really without power.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    The same big dick energy can be seen here on full display...
    Was he talking to a Wakandan scientist dressed as ThunderBall. Because he is seriously undersized.

I dont get the same energy from that scene. It's not like they're adversaries at that point, they're just talking.

Lol a king with no power? I think I'll agree to disagree. The only man with the competence, swagger and gumption to juggle a roster of individuals more powerful than himself isn't really without power.
    It's not really big dick energy because all the "delegation" he does ends up taking away multiple feats in his own solo and gives them to 3 out of franchise characters. Big dick energy is more akin to the scan a few pages back:

Abd lets be real, those individuals we see aren't more powerful then he is., Not to any real capacity when you look at the fact that T'Challa consistently fights above his weight class to great success. Dude is a Warrior, King, Hero, and Scientist in that order, depending on the writer king and hero may alternate positions. But scientist is dead last. He isn't Reed Richards and this also shows how they think when it comes to science:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Was he talking to a Wakandan scientist dressed as ThunderBall. Because he is seriously undersized.

I dont get the same energy from that scene. It's not like they're adversaries at that point, they're just talking.

What part of this exchange gave you something other than an adversarial relationship? I understand messages of black unity, understanding and love need to be blatant for some to get the message. My takeaway was that these two men have a genuine understanding of one another and a respect the other's intellect, but they're not friends. One could hope though. T'Challa cultivated a network - a damn army of black superpowers ready to defend Wakanda with nothing but his intellectual prowess. How doesn't that translate to big dick energy? Or is that solely reserved for brute strength portrayals and angry black man tropes?

BANNED

I wasn't the one that implied Coates' T'Challa has no power. Quite the opposite, actually. But I'm in the minority. I said those individuals are more powerful because almost all of the additional personnel that he thought to bring in and delegate to are people with significant abilities he himself does not possess. His greatest asset is his mind and all the crazy **** he does with it. The story tells us as much.

His approach to science is clearly defined for me. And its expressed as a vital piece of the puzzle that makes T'Challa who he is. My real question becomes while it's clear that most of us have differing understandings of what makes T'Challa the definitive Black Panther, what are the qualities that Coates' portrayal exhibits that makes him most notably NOT T'Challa?

What part of this exchange gave you something other than an adversarial relationship? I understand messages of black unity, understanding and love need to be blatant for some to get the message. My takeaway was that these two men have a genuine understanding of one another and a respect the other's intellect, but they're not friends. One could hope though. T'Challa cultivated a network - a damn army of black superpowers ready to defend Wakanda with nothing but his intellectual prowess. How doesn't that translate to big dick energy? Or is that solely reserved for brute strength portrayals and angry black man tropes?
    This is one of the worst issues in the series. It shows a black man in chains and other Black people calling him a slave... I mean, this doesn't show any big dick energy but rather a very offensive portrayal of black people. Yet somehow this is translated to a good thing?

Plus the scans showing Boss node energy in the past pages have nothing to do with Brute strength or angry black man tropes... At all. It shows a kingly swagger and confidence in his own ability. Because you know, he's the titular Character getting isht done. Where do you think anywhere showed that trope?