Page 457 of 744 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 11160
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I personally don't mind Shuri being a genius type in the comics. There are lots of geniuses in the comics... it won't step on his toes really. SHe will just show up when he does and they will do science things together every once in awhile. My biggest issue on what they did to Shuri was the ridiculous de-aging and acting like a kid from A WARRIOR QUEEN.

RISE or Pantherjack shuri is what I had in mind with Shuri. So, T'challa's Q with sass who can kick ass as needed. The mystic angle is just stupid.

T'challa basically has two sidekicks these days.... Okoye is the action side kick and Shuri is the lab sidekick. Just keep the roles as they are and nothing more.

Shuri isn't a main title character and doesn't deserve being treated like one. She is support, let her support.
    yea having her act like a kid was pretty offputting . im.hoping that get rid of that aspect of her characterization moving forward
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what are you serious? I need to check this out.
    It's only like two pages and from what I skimmed it didnt seem that important.

Not nearly as exciting as you are acting hahaha

Literally just 2-3 pages of lab stuff.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I personally don't mind Shuri being a genius type in the comics. There are lots of geniuses in the comics... it won't step on his toes really. SHe will just show up when he does and they will do science things together every once in awhile. My biggest issue on what they did to Shuri was the ridiculous de-aging and acting like a kid from A WARRIOR QUEEN.

RISE or Pantherjack shuri is what I had in mind with Shuri. So, T'challa's Q with sass who can kick ass as needed. The mystic angle is just stupid.

T'challa basically has two sidekicks these days.... Okoye is the action side kick and Shuri is the lab sidekick. Just keep the roles as they are and nothing more.

Shuri isn't a main title character and doesn't deserve being treated like one. She is support, let her support.
    Yeah i think the issue is that when she became queen, she wasn't used enough to make the separation into her own character. Even when Queen she was still a supporting cast member to T'Challa. She needs actual development, and a definite time to fill, then branch off into her own thing or they can pull an Agent's of Wakanda and make her the leader like how Okoye is, then make T'Challa the overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah i think the issue is that when she became queen, she wasn't used enough to make the separation into her own character. Even when Queen she was still a supporting cast member to T'Challa. She needs actual development, and a definite time to fill, then branch off into her own thing or they can pull an Agent's of Wakanda and make her the leader like how Okoye is, then make T'Challa the overseer
    I want T'Challa to get that action in Agents of Wakanda. He already has Okoye as field leader so she's going to get some as well as the other team members. Not enough to go around.

Best thing to happen for Shuri is she gets out of Wakanda, out of T'Challa's shadow.

If Champions is done and no Young Avengers team is on the horizon then there's Future Foundation or maybe they revisit Ultimates.

The other theory I had for Shuri which I think someone on here mentioned too, was she'd be the Prime Minister to Tchalla. Handling the Wakanda background and world building pages. The only thing I don't want is for her to be the whiney little sister constantly, complaining and second guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I want T'Challa to get that action in Agents of Wakanda. He already has Okoye as field leader so she's going to get some as well as the other team members. Not enough to go around.

Best thing to happen for Shuri is she gets out of Wakanda, out of T'Challa's shadow.

If Champions is done and no Young Avengers team is on the horizon then there's Future Foundation or maybe they revisit Ultimates.
    Speaking of the Ultimates, Cates brought back Galactus's LifeBringer creation cube in "Silver Surfer Black". I don't know if Ultimates was the first appearance of it, but Im counting it as a callback. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Speaking of the Ultimates, Cates brought back Galactus's LifeBringer creation cube in "Silver Surfer Black". I don't know if Ultimates was the first appearance of it, but Im counting it as a callback. lol
    Give Cates an Ultimates title. I think he would run wild with it.

I wouldn't buy it just for the Shuri scene. It's a small part of the story.

More than anything though, I think it's cool that Shuri is bring used as the problem solver as opposed to the usual suspects like Stark or Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I didn't mean have Shuri join AoW but has another book come out, like that and have her lead. Or something. A champions book would work since she's been deaged. For how lame the book was, I think Nnedi handled her interaction with miles and and Kamala pretty well. As I see Shuri personally being between 18-21 age range however given she was raised as a princess, carrying the aura of someone much older

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I didn't mean have Shuri join AoW but has another book come out, like that and have her lead. Or something. A champions book would work since she's been deaged. For how lame the book was, I think Nnedi handled her interaction with miles and and Kamala pretty well. As I see Shuri personally being between 18-21 age range however given she was raised as a princess, carrying the aura of someone much older
    That is going to be points against Nnedi since she didn't write those issues.

I guess her work is just plain lame now. lol.

Default What If...?

So this is probably not going to happen but I think it would be pretty cool if every episode of the What If animated show had a different director and animation team working on it. I’m a big anime fan mainly cause of the animation style, and from what I've seen of Marvel Disney animation, I'm not that impressed when comparing it to Japanese animation. Even for shows I really like such as Panther's Quest, compared to a show like My Hero Academia in terms of animation I just think anime is usually better. Which I don't really understand because I would imagine Marvel Disney would be able to get their hands on the world’s best animators and give them the resources they need to make some mind blowing stuff, but anyway...

In my perfect world What if would be handled like so:

Thor What if Episode:
    Directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi (Gurren Lagann)
    Animated by: Studio Trigger (Kill la Kill team)
    Attachment 85783

Doctor Strange What If Episode:
    Directed by: Kenichi Takeshita (FSN Unlimited Blade Works)
    Animated by: Studio Bones (Mob Pyscho 100 team)
    Attachment 85784

Guardians of the Galaxy What if:
    Directed by: Shingo Natsume (One Punch Man S1)
    Animated by: Studio Bones (Space Dandy team)
    Attachment 85785

Last edited by Pumbaa; 08-15-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Default What If...?

Captain America What if:
    Directed by: Tetsurō Araki (Attack on Titan)
    Animated by: Studio Wit (AOT team)
    Attachment 85786

Spider-man What if:
    Directed by: Kenji Nagasaki (My Hero Academia)
    Animated by: Sony Animation (Spider-verse team)
    Attachment 85788

Ant-Man and the Wasp What if:
    Directed by: Takeshi Koike (Lupin the Third)
    Animated by: Studio Ufotable (FSN Unlimited blade works team)
    Attachment 85787

Default What If...?

So obviously all of this was just set-up so I can talk about my fantasy version of the Black Panther What if.
    Black Panther What if:

Directed by: Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children)
    Animated by: Studio Madhouse (Summer Wars team)

Attachment 85790

I think the What if T’chaka brought Erik home could be a dope story.
    Attachment 85789

Personally I would have the first part of the story be T’challa and Erik just getting to know each other. They’re from different worlds so there should be some cultural awkwardness at first, but eventually they grow to be brothers.
    Then after the growing up montage the second part of the story could be them as adults. T’challa has taken up the BP mantle and Erik is the White Wolf and they’re going on a mission together. They could have a big action sequence with some crazy animation, maybe brining in people like Yutaka Nakamura to really step it up.
    Attachment 85791

Default What If...?

Not sure what the main story could be or where it would actually go. But if it ends with T’challa and Erik fighting, they could do something like the Kakashi vs Obito fight from Naruto, where it fades back and forth between them training as children and fighting as adults just to really tug on those heart strings.

Attachment 85792
    Attachment 85801

I think that could be cool, What you guys think?
    Last edited by Pumbaa; 08-15-2019 at 06:18 AM.