Page 115 of 744 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thing is, I'm not talking about any story in particular, or rmthe last 8+ years of deconstruction. I'm talking about, in general, T'Challa should be shown as the GOAT. Not by making the others look bad, but by having key factors be it in his origin, or in some major story going forward, that he has a huge achievement for the betterment of Wakanda. Something no other BP has done and secures his legacy as the greatest
    And to be honest, I have ZERO problem with this.

What I take umbrage to, is the utterly ridiculous idea that T'challa was single handedly responsible for jump starting the technological advancement a Nation that was advanced for millenia before his birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Actually, from a purely tactical standpoint, stuff like the Ebony Blade shouldn't count as "asterisks"... because T'Challa CHOSE to wield it.

In other words, it was part of his plan. Calling it "unfair" because it isn't part of his usual loadout suggests that one should only think of T'Challa's abilities in terms of what he has (and maybe what he can do) and not what he can think up.

In other words "Prep time is fine... as long as it's predictable!"

Then again, you guys know that I lack a "Rumbles board" mentality. I'm more interested in character arcs than feats….
    in that fight yeah he chose to use it. But another piece from Priest fight that was casually being left out, was Tony used an armor specially designed and prepped for T'Challa, and was his most advanced suit in the world at tue time, and Tchalla beats it with his standard habit, Windex, and some prep of his own. Sure he didn't out tech, or out armor him in their fights, but definitely out prepped, outsmarted, and out fought him. Which is kinda the point of T'Challas personality anyways. He evens the playing field rather then trying to out punch

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's almost ridiculous to try and compare T'Challa to any other BP, because Shuri aside he's the only one that even remotely matters. The rest are just window dressing to his mythos. They exist purely to add a LITTLE bit of depth to his stories. Not that they're not fun and interesting in their own right but the point should never be for them to outshine him. When that starts happening, they're doing something wrong.
    Considering the fact that in the Coates era of Black Panther saga, T'challa stays constantly relegated to the back of the bus behind guest and support characters in what's ostensibly supposed to be his own solo book, I'd wager that any ridiculousness evident here, lies firmly in the inability of some writers to go beyond merely alluding to T'Challa's greatness in comparison to previous Black Panthers as opposed to actually portraying same in print.

This coupled with some remaining incapable or unwilling to think outside of the box epitomises ridiculousness.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 02-09-2019 at 12:21 PM.

BANNED

in that fight yeah he chose to use it. But another piece from Priest fight that was casually being left out, was Tony used an armor specially designed and prepped for T'Challa, and was his most advanced suit in the world at tue time, and Tchalla beats it with his standard habit, Windex, and some prep of his own. Sure he didn't out tech, or out armor him in their fights, but definitely out prepped, outsmarted, and out fought him. Which is kinda the point of T'Challas personality anyways. He evens the playing field rather then trying to out punch
    Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Excellent point Ezyo.

If Captain America can out-strategize Reed Richards by virtue of going to T'Challa (or some other big brain) to do the actual strategizing... then isn't that an asterisk on Steve's ability to out-strategize Reed?

Ruh roh!
    "W-well that's different because Steve's personality abd one of his draws is that king's, godse, and aliens will follow his lead and he can lead them! So technically, by Steve thinking to let T'Challa make his strategy for him and then Steve executes it, then he kinda did out strategize Reed..." Am I doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    And to be honest, I have ZERO problem with this.

What I take umbrage to, is the utterly ridiculous idea that T'challa was single handedly responsible for jump starting the technological advancement a Nation that was advanced for millenia before his birth.
    Preaching to the choir brotha Maj. I don't like the idea of Wakanda being useless without T'Challa, but I also don't like the idea of taking a big super genius feat from him either, hence my notion that Wakanda has always been advanced, but the advancement between BPs and Tchalla, but if the previous BPs advanced Wakanda a decade ahead, then Tchalla should of moved Wakanda a century ahead of the rest abd there should be a very clear feat that shows this. This blending Priest and Hudlin's origins (a little better then Evans, he did good but he needed to show a bigger T'Challa feat that demonstrates why he is the GOAT

"W-well that's different because Steve's personality abd one of his draws is that king's, godse, and aliens will follow his lead and he can lead them! So technically, by Steve thinking to let T'Challa make his strategy for him and then Steve executes it, then he kinda did out strategize Reed..." Am I doing it right?
    I just don't understand why they dick-ride the excuses and irrelevant anecdotes in Steve's favor but want to be celibate around T'Challa.

It's kinda problematic

(Pause)
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Preaching to the choir brotha Maj. I don't like the idea of Wakanda being useless without T'Challa, but I also don't like the idea of taking a big super genius feat from him either, hence my notion that Wakanda has always been advanced, but the advancement between BPs and Tchalla, but if the previous BPs advanced Wakanda a decade ahead, then Tchalla should of moved Wakanda a century ahead of the rest abd there should be a very clear feat that shows this. This blending Priest and Hudlin's origins (a little better then Evans, he did good but he needed to show a bigger T'Challa feat that demonstrates why he is the GOAT
    If Steve gets outside help to beat other heroes, then you can put an asterick next to his name too. Hero vs hero conflicts often have astericks.

But at the end of the day, a win with an asterick is still a win. And that applies to Steve, T'Challa, and Stark. Astericks just soften the blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I just don't understand why they dick-ride the excuses and irrelevant anecdotes in Steve's favor but want to be celibate around T'Challa.

It's kinda problematic

(Pause)
    Because it's Captain America....! Seriously it's ridiculous. Like on your BP vs Thor and people bitchin cause Thor got outsmarted, if it were Cap, or Tony, or Spidey? Radio silence. But the dude who has plans upon plans and the most advanced tech on earth? Outrage

Ultimate Member

Actually, from a purely tactical standpoint, stuff like the Ebony Blade shouldn't count as "asterisks"... because T'Challa CHOSE to wield it.

In other words, it was part of his plan. Calling it "unfair" because it isn't part of his usual loadout suggests that one should only think of T'Challa's abilities in terms of what he has (and maybe what he can do) and not what he can think up.

Then again, you guys know that I lack a "Rumbles board" mentality. I'm more interested in character arcs than feats….
    He chose to wield it...after some random @$$ Black Knight dropped it in Wakanda.

It's not part of his mythos. It's not something he created. It's not something he tamed and it's not a weapon that is a regular part of his arsenal.

An asterisks is required because it's not a weapon that's used long. Just like Thor and Captain America's life support armor

He had a resource and used it. I'm not complaining.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't agree. In Priests case especially, I think he was trying very hard to make Stark look credible. These were 2 chess masters. Ultimately though it is T'Challa's book, and he gets the upperhand. If it were Starks book, it probably would have gone the other way.

Even the literal bitch slap in AvX I don't think was designed to make Stark look bad. Stark is arguably the freaking MVP of that whole story... T'Challa was basically motivating Stark to save all their butts.
    As soon as Stark got bitch slapped he was not the MVP

BANNED

People are mad Black Panther beat Ironman and Cap because he's black. A black person is never to best them, but BP best them everytime they met in the comics. It's called racism. Why do i have to come here every few days to tell the same old fact over and over. People hate the truth
    Last edited by goku200; 02-09-2019 at 04:29 PM.

BANNED

Only Batman and others like him can use this. The racist rules are clear.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    As soon as Stark got bitch slapped he was not the MVP
    I'd say figuring how how to stop the Phoenix more than balances out getting slapped in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He chose to wield it...after some random @$$ Black Knight dropped it in Wakanda.

It's not part of his mythos. It's not something he created. It's not something he tamed and it's not a weapon that is a regular part of his arsenal.

An asterisks is required because it's not a weapon that's used long. Just like Thor and Captain America's life support armor
    What about in Priest story? He completely prepped for the fight same as Tony?