Page 589 of 744 FirstFirst ... 89489539579585586587588589590591592593599639689 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    But comics taught him the art of fast storytelling.....
    "Fast" storytelling?

But this was supposed to get new readers in. It was a jumping on point. If they have to do it again, might as well get a new writer like the other titles.

I think a major issue is people are realizing it's looking to be a two year event. Which means they might as well wait for the trade. You'd have to be among the comic of the year titles to make that work.
    It's already 2 years too long. It's just straight up boring at this point.

The next writer will have a golden opportunity. They can't possibly come in and do any worse(unless Bendis).

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Marvel has never quite understood that every "jumping on point" is also a "jumping OFF point". And having a story where the setting, characters, and plot have little or nothing to do with the previous arc AND making folks wait over a year and a half for an explanation simply doesn't help.

Not that I think Coates cares. He's a "real writer" now and doesn't even mention his comics in his author bio for his new book.
    Yeah, jumping onto a title that inexplicably has readers in the dark is not a good idea. If that was my first encounter with Black Panther, I would have never gotten in to the character.

Mr. McGregor, I apologize for everything bad that I've said about your BP.

But comics taught him the art of fast storytelling.....
    Well according to him that was the artists' job.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They can't possibly come in and do any worse(unless Bendis).
    After over 4 decades of reading comics, I never say that.

It can ALWAYS get worse. For example, I'm going to make a prediction here in spoiler text:

spoilers:
    Hickman will have Wakanda go to war with Krakoa… and lose.
    end of spoilers

We'll see if it comes true.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Won't happen.
    Storm is a Wakandan Goddess now.
    She will go Goddess-Nova on both their arses. Xavier will be awestruck into mental silence and withdraw; T'Challa will get aroused and accept the drugs...thereby saving both nations.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

It's already 2 years too long. It's just straight up boring at this point.

The next writer will have a golden opportunity. They can't possibly come in and do any worse(unless Bendis).

Yeah, jumping onto a title that inexplicably has readers in the dark is not a good idea. If that was my first encounter with Black Panther, I would have never gotten in to the character.

Mr. McGregor, I apologize for everything bad that I've said about your BP.

Nah, Bendis is going to have his hands full ruining the Legion of Superheroes. Stupid monkey's paw.

It can ALWAYS get worse. For example, I'm going to make a prediction here in spoiler text:

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

AvX II coming soon to a comicshop near you.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Not no, but Hell No!!!!!

What bigger story can Coates do? He was given the BP title on a silver platter, everything was set up. The ball was teed up for a Home Run and he frakking bunted.
    I'm not sure but he said he had years of storytelling to write. if captain marvel can keep coming back with how bad her numbers are I'm sure coates and BP will be fine. but even if marvel were to part ways with coates who is to say the same thing wont hapoen with the next writer? I hope that the trajectory changes. he is the premiere black male character at marvel if not all comic book franchises and he deserves the best.

But this was supposed to get new readers in. It was a jumping on point. If they have to do it again, might as well get a new writer like the other titles.

I think a major issue is people are realizing it's looking to be a two year event. Which means they might as well wait for the trade. You'd have to be among the comic of the year titles to make that work.
    I agree with his books reading better as trades. despite what people think of him as a writer of tchalla I have enjoyed his writing overall. it just doesn't seem his vision has necessarily resonated with fans based on sales. if coates is dropped in the near future I most certainly hope the next writer presents material that sustains his book. I personally think that it could be any writer and it wouldnt do well because black characters generally dont sale well. but as they say time will tell.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm not sure but he said he had years of storytelling to write. if captain marvel can keep coming back with how bad her numbers are I'm sure coates and BP will be fine. but even if marvel were to part ways with coates who is to say the same thing wont hapoen with the next writer? I hope that the trajectory changes. he is the premiere black male character at marvel if not all comic book franchises and he deserves the best.

I agree with his books reading better as trades. despite what people think of him as a writer of tchalla I have enjoyed his writing overall. it just doesn't seem his vision has necessarily resonated with fans based on sales. if coates is dropped in the near future I most certainly hope the next writer presents material that sustains his book. I personally think that it could be any writer and it wouldnt do well because black characters generally dont sale well. but as they say time will tell.
    Did you notice that when she comes back, they have a new writer?

Also, his vision hasn't resonated with fans based on the comments in this very thread.

Did you notice that when she comes back, they have a new writer?
    I figured you would bring that minor detail up lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

If BP & AoW can stay around 20,000 it can get at least 12 issues.
    Yeah Its like rise. If it can stabilize quickly that will be the key. I'm also under the impression still that had this come out first (same as rise) rather than BP wow, and crew, and lltk, and those other ishtty spin offs, it would be higher.

I will forever be salty about those decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah Its like rise. If it can stabilize quickly that will be the key. I'm also under the impression still that had this come out first (same as rise) rather than BP wow, and crew, and lltk, and those other ishtty spin offs, it would be higher.

I will forever be salty about those decisions
    I will say the first two issues were pretty good. though it would be nice to see more actual wakandans versus all these others.

Black Panther #16

People are done with the book. Coates finally lost everyone. He made an space, science fiction, Wakandan empire book with Acuna art so boring people deserted.

Im stunned we didn't get a sales boost with Storm on the cover /s

Coates won't get his 5th year without some sort of marketing gimmick

Maybe he can turn the book into a Storm solo and tie it into Hickman to boost sales on more time.

Black Panther: The Goddess of Friends with Benefits #1

AoW did 39K btw. Which is around what Rise opened with. So this book is a 6 issue mini max.

Catchya on the flip side
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I personally think that it could be any writer and it wouldnt do well because black characters generally dont sale well. but as they say time will tell.
    They used to say the same about black superhero films…

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Won't happen.
    Storm is a Wakandan Goddess now.
    She will go Goddess-Nova on both their arses. Xavier will be awestruck into mental silence and withdraw; T'Challa will get aroused and accept the drugs...thereby saving both nations.
    Um that would be absolutely stupid. T'Challa should handle his business it's his mythos and x men is a team booked. Storm ain't going to do anything nor should she be the solution